Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, My sleep schedule was great at the start of the semester, then I would stay up studying until 2 then wake up at 7 take a nap here and there, then sleeping in until 2 on days off, just really inconsistent stuff. Now I go to bed between 10-11, and wake up around 7 all the time! This has made the biggest difference in my skin and it might be allowing my skin to repair itself much more efficiently and fully and make use of my supplements & overnight topicals. This week I've only had 3 small non enflamed whiteheads that practically disappear once they're speared.

And Jaerid has excellent point, many people dismiss the mind-body connection, although there isn't much concrete evidence beyond anecdotal testimony from other members. Once you learn to live and not let your acne bother you, things do get much better, and your acne tends to get better too! This doesn't mean that you can't want clearer skin, but that you won't let it be on your mind all the time. Also, keeping a picture log might be really helpful to you. When I start feeling like my skin looks bad, I just look at my older pictures from my log and I see how much progress I've made, and then it helps me to be happy and satisfied with my skin. Destressing is a crucial part of any regimen, imo :)

It's been a little more than one week? I would almost say immediete results as far as stopping new breakouts, and then when I went to visit my relatives in the bay area and had a bad sleep schedule, I started to get new breakouts. I was taking acnescript and using my topicals as well.

Thanks for the info.

I'm gonna go buy that clay mask we were talking about a few days ago tonight after work. I just read some more on it and I don't feel too scared to use it. I am not happy with how things are right now and I don't see anything I have used or tried changing that in the amount of time I have left. I'm going to do the mask after I get home from work and then hopefully just go to bed and get on a normal sleep schedule. I already got the Bragg's apple cider vinegar, so I'll be mixing it with that like directed.

What a week this is gonna be. I'm also meeting with my new college on Thursday, I'd like to not look bad for that too. It's really infuriating when you try so hard and it still gets worse from time to time.

I got the clay today after spending two hours trying to find it both after work last night and then today. It was quite an adventure and I ended up finding it at The Vitamin Shoppe, neither Whole Foods I went to had it. The first WF told me that the second one should have it so then I went there and they had no idea what I was talking about. Luckily though I got it and I just tried it out. I had it on for ~20 minutes but I don't know if I left it on long enough. I noticed some redness but not much more than usual and put on BP, spot-treated with lemon juice squeezed from a lemon, then put on a really expensive Alba Botanical night cream thing, which I had on last night as well.

I have 4 spots that are making my life miserable. 2 on my forehead, one flat red thing on the front of my chin, and then on the line of my lip that won't go away. It looks like herpes to everyone else I'm sure, so it really sucks for this to happen the week of my first date ever. At least I won't have the pressure of wondering if I should go for a kiss, cause I sure know she doesn't want one now.

My only hope is to continue putting ice on it (through a ziploc bag) and I plan to also put a dot of the clay mask on it overnight tonight, I had read that works well. I googled some images and it's certainly not a cold sore.

Also, I got an e-mail back from Acnescript support yesterday and my Spotscript order from March 22nd finally shipped yesterday. He also said they put in a new product they are currently beta testing "called Pure Xanthone - derived from Mangosteen pericarp". I'm assuming it's a pill.

I don't know if I should try the SpotScript tomorrow when I get it or not. I don't want it to cause some horribly dry/flakey spot on my face that I can't get to stop flaking before Friday.

Edited by Cleric

They moved their backorder time up a month, btw, so they're shipping in a week. If anyone had used their new formula, please give your thoughts/reviews!

cleric, I have the spotscript and its ok but not a miracle worker. Its drying as hell but i would prefer to use tea tree oil instead. Its strong but just a dab of tea tree oil dries up a pimple nicely and takes some of the red out.

Thanks for the info on the SpotScript, the drying aspect of it does scare me from using it at this point. I'm 40 hours from the date and just took some sleeping pills so I can fall asleep (this is the latest I've been up since Sunday night thanks to my new schedule).

It didn't come in the mail today, so it must be tomorrow, but I probably won't use it on my face till I have a couple days off work or something. My lip-line pimple thing is going down somewhat now I think. I'm hoping it's on it's way out now. I'm not going to look the best I could, but I'm really hoping for just a bit more improvement, along with not looking oily or whatever, and I'll be good. The last few days have felt like a hazy nightmare cause I was so freaked out about my skin not looking as good as it should based on everything I've been doing. I have NEVER been so strict with my diet, and it's been nearly 4 weeks now. I've basically done everything I've always thought I needed to do, and it seems like it's still not enough, but I think if I do it just a bit longer new ones will stop coming and the 3-4 red spots I have will go away. Anything else will be hit with SpotScript hard and fast from here on out, as well as iced, which seems to work well.

I did the clay mask again today and had it on for 30 minutes still I still don't think it fully dried. I might try it again tomorrow night, I don't know. I have to shave finally tomorrow too, so I'm a bit worried about the irritation involved with that, especially with my lip issue. I'm gonna dab some tea tree oil on that now and then put some sudocrem on it and go to bed. Hopefully it's pretty much dead when I wake up in a little over 8 hours.

At least all this worry have taken attention away from worrying about the actual date. If I can resolve these issues in time, I'm going to be much more confident on the date than I otherwise would have been, cause I'll be so happy to have these things gone that have troubled me so much for the past week (and more).

Edited by Cleric

why isnt acnescript working? Ive been on it for 5 weeks and am still getting a ridiculous amt of clogged pores and bumps on the sides of my face. I thought this was suppose to reduce sebum from within? I dont take the curcumin or gugul could this be why? It seemed like every time I took the curcumin I got some sort of welt. As far as the gugul I was a little nervous to take becausy Im peri menopausal and my estrogen is slightly low and I didnt want to fool around with it...what are the benefits of curcumin and gugual?

They're both supposed to be anti-inflammatory (among other things, like being good for Cholesterol) which is beneficial for people with acne-prone skin. I too got some never-before-seen cyst/welt like issues after taking Curcumin/Turmeric as well, but I still take it every day.

I still didn't get my SpotScript package today, tomorrow will be day 4 in shipping, so I'm assuming it'll for sure come tomorrow, but there's no way I'm testing it out 2 hours before I pick her up. My skin does not look good right now, but I'm going to do an aspirin mask in a little bit when I shower and then an egg white mask tomorrow morning when I get up. Those two things usually help me look as good as I can, so hopefully they can here. The bump on my lip is still there and just as prominent it seems, so that sucks. I don't feel it as much as i did on Monday, but it's still quite visible. I don't even know what to put on it overnight, seems like nothing that should work has worked.

Edited by Cleric
why isnt acnescript working? Ive been on it for 5 weeks and am still getting a ridiculous amt of clogged pores and bumps on the sides of my face. I thought this was suppose to reduce sebum from within? I dont take the curcumin or gugul could this be why? It seemed like every time I took the curcumin I got some sort of welt. As far as the gugul I was a little nervous to take becausy Im peri menopausal and my estrogen is slightly low and I didnt want to fool around with it...what are the benefits of curcumin and gugual?

I don't think you should take guggul without consulting your doctor first. From one of your other posts, acnescript is not the ONLY thing you're taking internally, so adding another supplement that messes with your hormone is really not a good idea. If it helps you get any ideal of how guggul works, I'm a 23 yr. old female with "monthly" hormonal acne, and guggul has not done any noticeable change for me. I've been taking it for about 2-3 weeks now. As far as curcumin, I took that for about 1 month before even hearing about acnescript, and during that 1 month I was still breaking out...so despite its anti-inflammatory properties, it didn't do much.

All I know is that without Acnescript, I could have never gone on this date I have in 19 hours. My cheeks area is so clear now it's ridiculous. It doesn't look good without tinted moisturizer on still, but with it on it looks great. It looks so great that it makes my recent frequent problems on forehead and jawline look worse in comparison, but I feel those occurances are diminishing now. I think they were caused by a possible initial reaction to the tons of new pills I was taking, and probably more due to touching my face and other outside the skin irritants (like shaving, BP use, etc.).

Acnescript also posted a new thing just yesterday and the shipments of the new formula started today, the 7th. I'll probably have my two bottles of the new stuff on Saturday or Monday at the latest. :)

Per day? 4. 2 and 2. For a couple days last week I took 3 and 3 but I stopped that after a day or two cause I remembered that if I do that along with 2 separate B5 pills each day, I'm over-doing it on the B5. Tonight I will take three Acnescripts though since I didn't take a standalone B5 throughout the day today, due to my date. The date went really well btw. We went to dinner and a comedy club and it all went perfect. She asked me if I wanted to go out again as we sat in her driveway and I said yes and she was totally stalling getting out cause I think she wanted me to kiss her goodbye, but I never tried anything. I don't have any regrets though.

I continue to develop cyst-like inflammation on my forehead to this day. Currently battling a specifically big red one with SpotScript, among other things and hope it goes down before Date #2 on Wednesday, which is less of a date and more of a two hour walk with her. I really need to make a move this time though or else I'm gonna screw this all up. :(

Anyway, even though I've been trying A LOT of new stuff both topically and internally this year, I am going to blame turmeric on these cysts. I don't think a little bit in the Acnescript hurts (especially since they're moving to an even better form of Pure Curcumin in their new pills) but when I started taking turmeric capsules from GNC in early-mid February, that's when these cysts started. I had some issues a bit before that due to possibly beginning to take Apple Cider Vinegar tablets, but I believe there is no way those things can cause anything but good in the long-term.

So basically, I just wanted to post and agree with wicky that I think turmeric, if taken at a high dose, can cause cysts. I never had big cyst-like issues ever before, and I have had at least six in the last two months.

I don't want anyone to have any sort of qualms about purchasing from this company based on the response I made prior to editing this comment. It was made purely out of a spur-of-the-moment bout of frustration and impatience.

Naturescript/Acnescript has been very understanding and we have resolved my issue. This resolution has allowed me to want to continue to do business with them. If anyone has a problem with them, don't hesitate to try and work it out with them. They have their customers best interests in mind, and I should be a testament to that.

As I have stated earlier in this thread, I will continue to purchase their products... and you should to. This stuff has shown me the most amazing progress that I have ever seen. Years of using topicals and following a very restrictive lifestyle has never had even a fraction of the profound effect that I see when I use AcneScript.

Edited by Jaerid

My progress in the past couple days has been fantastic. I don't know exactly why the last couple days I've felt a lot better about my skin, but it probably has to do with the 4-5 spots that had been detracting from all the progress finally going away. I don't know if it's the fresh lemon juice/water toner I use, the AHA+ I was using a lot on them, exercising (In the past 4 days I have rode my bike 52 miles and ran around 10), the fact that I have been eating well for several weeks now, or that I am totally trying not to touch my face at all anymore and have been washing my pillow case religiously every two days.

It's of course all the Acnescript stuff and SpotScript that has gotten me this far to begin with. My Acnescript bottles still hadn't shipped since the backorder ended, so I e-mailed them a little over 24 hours ago and he e-mailed me right back and said they would look into it and that they should have shipped by now (my four bottles) but that if they hadn't and I was out that they would overnight it to me at no cost. Otherwise, they would do it Priority, which is two days. I e-mailed back and thanked him and told him I still had around 40 capsules left so the overnight wasn't necessary, but then I went on to probably creep him out by telling him how much I appreciate Acnescript and what it has done for me. I even went into how I had my first couple dates with a girl EVER and Acnescript was a big part of having me even be able to go through with that.

What's cool is, she's seen me twice now, we went on a second "date" a few days ago and walked around a park and stuff and on that day my lip was looking much better, but I had gotten this huge cyst on my forehead like two days before. Thanks to SpotScript it didn't look too horrible on Wednesday when I saw her, but everything has looked amazingly better pretty much since Wednesday night. She's out of town for the next week but she right away on Wednesday told me she wanted to go out again when she gets back next Friday. This is someone who is literally prettier than any girl I have ever even spoken to in real life, and she is interested in me even when my skin was kinda bad.

It wasn't the worst it had ever been, but they were certainly stand-outs to my usual overall bad skin. My skin has gotten much better in the past few days though. I partially credit my recent continued use of Egyptian Magic and Desert Essence's tea tree ointment all over my face after I do the Daniel Kern regimen, and then I usually cover it with 100% Aloe Vera too. Basically I've been totally treating my face right and putting tons of healing type compounds on it.

I'm still working hard though to look my best. If nothing else major pops up and makes me fight a several day battle with it, I'm gonna look the best I have since I was 12 years old in the next few days as these last few red spots finally fade (and they're fading quickly suddenly). I've been drinking a lot of hot green tea and lemon as well too, so that helps too. I think the Egyptian Magic stuff really helps to put on overnight, or even during the day if I'm not going anywhere. I might even put a little on before work after I do the regimen and then make myself not look so oily by using some aloe vera or something over that. The EM stuff is really good to use in your hair too.

It seems that everything else in the world is going down the toilet and life will probably be a lot worse off for us, but I will be way less depressed if my skin continues to improve and I actually have a girl that wants anything to do with me. These are two things that always seemed impossible to me and even 3+ weeks later, this all seems surreal.

Edited by Cleric

I think I was a bit too positive about 24 hours ago. I still am not pleased with my skin right now, I have 5-6 spots, 3 on my forehead and 3 around my mouth that are giving me issues. I didn't used to have many active problems on my forehead and even less often around my mouth, but now this is happening more frequently as everywhere else becomes a lot less active. I had to shave tonight finally too, and that's always hard on a large portion of my face.

I'm going to do one of those clay/ACV masks tomorrow. I haven't done it in over a week now (I can't even remember the name of it now, that Aztec clay stuff). I think I need to get back to using ACV as a toner along with using lemon (maybe lemon in the morning/afternoon and ACV at night or something). I'm so tired of this constant chaotic battle. My diet hasn't been bad for acne at all for well over a month now, and I've been taking pretty much everything you could take to help with immune system health and inflammation, so I don't get why the battle continues with new issues still starting. I've barely touched my face at all or bit my nails at all (which is often how issues develop around the mouth and was the cause for me before).

I'm just tired of this, and I wanted to start getting outside and in the sun a little bit but the weather is always garbage so that hasn't happened much yet and April is half over! I'm responsible with the exposure and everything, but I think it'll help me a lot to not have such pale skin, especially if I can get a tan going when I don't have any really bad red marks going on. That way, if a new spot does come up, it won't so severely redden my skin and be so noticeable either.

I'm just rambling and need to just go to bed. That's the last thing I need to do to help myself, which is to get on a regular sleep schedule for the first time in 6+ years. It's just hard with school and work and everything else.

I got my four bottles today and was confused when the label was for the Oily Skin version and the ingredients were unchanged. They had said before that all future shipments after the backorder would be the new formula. I just found some information on the Acnescript website after digging through a couple pages that explains why this is the case. Since I bought so many bottles at once, I'm kinda disappointed that they're not the new formula:

"April 16, 2011

Having had a few questions about this I should probably address how our backorder ended. We still haven't gotten our new formula pills in. We did though manage to take back inventory from a retailer that had tried marketing our product - a failed experiment (though we will be reattempting a retail presence with our new formula in select salons & spas). So - I talked with them & took back everything that they had left. What we've been shipping for the last 10 days has been both our old formula Regular & Oily Skin AcneScript. The old Regular Skin is now completely gone but we still have some old Oily Skin that will be going out before we change over to the new formula."