Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I noticed it too. Supply and Demand at it's finest. Probably because they added in the green tea extract, which sucks because I already take that daily, and I don't know how much they actually put in their pills.

I remember reading one of his old blogs when the company just started, and he said something along the lines of "I can raise the price to $40 tomorrow if I want to since people will still buy it, but I won't because ...." something something. Although like he said, I WILL still buy it, but I think that he's making enough profit already out of the $35 (which was raised from the ORIGINAL price btw), adding green tea extract is not THAT expensive, he's not adding gold or platinum to the capsules. Sighh...oh well, this is why the skin care industry is making billions off of us poor commoners.

cleric, you mentioned that beta carotene and vitamin are slightly different. I just changed to the beta caratone version without cod liver oil as fish oils give me welts and I dont notice a difference in my oil production yet. Which one is suppose to be stronger?

I remember reading one of his old blogs when the company just started, and he said something along the lines of "I can raise the price to $40 tomorrow if I want to since people will still buy it, but I won't because ...." something something. Although like he said, I WILL still buy it, but I think that he's making enough profit already out of the $35 (which was raised from the ORIGINAL price btw), adding green tea extract is not THAT expensive, he's not adding gold or platinum to the capsules. Sighh...oh well, this is why the skin care industry is making billions off of us poor commoners.

What? Where is that? When I first found the site 5-6 weeks ago I was so excited to get my first package that I think I read every blog post, and never saw anything like that. I think I remember reading the opposite, about taking somewhat of a loss.

cleric, you mentioned that beta carotene and vitamin are slightly different. I just changed to the beta caratone version without cod liver oil as fish oils give me welts and I dont notice a difference in my oil production yet. Which one is suppose to be stronger?

Beta carotene is better. The body converts it to Vitamin A because BC is a precursor to vitamin A is is more effectively absorbed and used in the body. That's why places like GNC sell beta carotene pills instead of vitamin A pills. Curcumin, from what I remember, is the the same kind of thing to turmeric, where it's just the pure origin that turmeric derives from. Any kind of capsule that is supposed to control oil production like that will take a month to show results, maybe faster if you're drinking whatever it is in liquid form (like I used to cod liver oil).

I suggest buying some lemons and squeezing them into water and drinking at least a couple glasses today. Look at the reviews on this site for lemons as a topical and as a drink, they're incredible. I've been doing ti for the last week or so and those three spots they were giving me issues are nearly entirely gone. The worst one is now much smaller and is only there cause I kept itching that spot of my eye brow. The big ones I had above my other eyebrow and near my chin are nearly non-existent now. I've been doing aspirin masks, yogurts masks, ice cube rubs after showers, and using lemon as a toner. I think I'd be sitting really good right now with just Acnescript and some light Acne.org regimen usage, but since I was always touching my face up to a few days ago, I had to employ a bunch of good weapons to take out what are hopefully the last main battles of this 12+ year war.

I have a huge concert to go to in just over 12 hours, so I'm happy I don't look horrendous like I did for the last one nearly two months ago. I couldn't even enjoy that one.

thanks cleric for the info on vitamin a..i will continue to take the beta carotene supplment. I have been drinking water with lemon for years. It is actually the only thing I drink. The lemon does help with dryness but right now I need to figure out why my chin plug up so bad. I picked two last night and they look horrible. I dont really get so called pimples but I make the clogged pores look like ripped open pimples when I pick them and dont get the plug out. In the last two years i have not found ANYTHING to slow their production. Im taking 3 acnescript(was taking 4 but do too the backorder Im lower dose), 1 B5, spironolactone, flaxseed oil (1000 mg) and the beta carotene (25,000 iU's)..What are you taking now on acnescript and did you lower your dose after a month?

I have taken 2 capsules every 12 hours for 29 days straight now. I never took anything different for that at any time. I've been taking 5 GLA capsules every 12 hours for the last week, after only taking 2 every 12 hours for the first week before that, but now I'm going to go back down to four a day like that first week. I read a week too late that you're supposed to take a lot more that first week.

I got my Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer that I ordered off eBay today. I'm going to be taking a shower shortly and putting it on over BP and seeing how it goes. I've seen nothing but rave reviews so far, and I hope it's a bit better than the slightly more expensive Jasmine green tea moisturizer I got a few days ago. Both of these products are $27-$30 for 2oz or so of product, so this better be the best moisturizer ever.

Beta Carotene is not more effective than Vitamin A for controlling acne. Your body will use what it needs from the Beta Carotene pill and won't convert the excess into Vitamin A.

As most people know, you need much more than the normal amount of Vitamin A to affect acne symptoms. This being said, I don't think High Doses of Vitamin A is a smart way to battle acne.

Your liver will become damaged/weaker after some time, and a weak liver on it's own is a cause for acne. If you're set on using Vit A to CURE your acne, just go thru the Accutane route, that way you'll be monitored by a doctor.

I know it's a dragged out idea that taking loads of Vitamin A is "bad for you", but it seriously is. To truly cure your acne, it's going to take something more genuine than megadosing on Vitamin A.

I put in my order for Spotscript and other Acnescript items (that aren't affected by the backorder) and it's been 8 days now and still nothing has shipped. I'm going to out of GLA in a day and could really use that Spotscript (which I originally ordered back in February!).

For the first time in my life I have a date with a girl in just over a week, and she's way too pretty for me and I'm trying to look my best for when she sees me in person, cause I have a bad feeling she's got her hopes up a little too high based on only my pictures. :\

Cleric, you need to have a better sense of self esteem then that. This is probably a very cliche thing to say (although it is true) but confidence is one of the most attractive things in any gender- male or female. Of COURSE, there's a fine line between confidence and cocky, but based on some of the things you've written here, it seems like your worse critic is yourself. So what if you have a pimple or two? As long as they're not the size of a quarter with pus oozing out, she probably won't even notice. Acne is a normal part of life, and if your date happens to get turned off by that, she's probably not worth your time. From your picture that you posted in one of your earlier entries and what you describe, your skin does not sound that bad. Just have confidence in yourself and she probably won't even notice anything but your personality (assuming you're not some kind of asshole of course). Trust me, I OBSESS over my skin, and never once has my fiance (who I live with so he sees all my skin rituals) mentioned ANYTHING about a pimple or anything on my face, even if I feel like I look like sh*t. The only time he even comments on anything is when I bring it up myself.

Anyways, have fun on your date. Oh, and most of those "boosters" on acnescript can be bought at your local vitamin store if they don't ship it out fast enough.

Edited by cherubie

Thank you for your kind words and concern.

Well it's not just pimples, it's just overall damaged/bad-looking skin and poor/reddish complexion. On top of all that I have zero experience in any and all areas, I've barely even had girls as friends. I'm also 24 and don't have much to offer since I was late to the game when it came to going to college and stuff too, which was also because of my skin. I hated school cause of my skin and didn't go to college cause I thought I couldn't go cause my skin was so bad. I feel the same way now about my upcoming vet schooling and might even be moving in order to do it, which I just found out today. Overall, I'm going to see if Acnescript can handle stress, that's for sure.

My order shipped today, so that's good. I mainly just need to stay on the strict diet I've been on and keep drinking a ton of tea and lemon water so that my skin isn't as oily as it has been for a long time (which is working) and hopefully by next week when the time comes I feel good about everything so that I can be at my best personality-wise.

Edited by Cleric

Another thing you might try is bentonite clay mask. I got one by the name of "Aztec secret healing clay" (it sounds really weird, I know), but all it is is 100% calcium bentonite. I've only used it 3-4 times, but it seriously does help with pimples. I have those stupid "under the skin" pimples that was taking like a week and a half and it was still not completely going away, I used the clay for 2 nights and it's already in the healing process. I got it at Vitamin Shoppe, but I read you can get it at Whole foods/health foods store too if you have those around where you live.

Also, as far as the whole dating thing...not everybody looks for "experience" (if you know what I mean). Again, it's all about your personality and how you carry yourself.

But wait, you're going to vet school without ever going to college...? I'm confused. But anyways, have fun on your date.

No, I'm in my fourth semester of college now, almost got my AA degree, but most of the classes I've taken and done very well in won't be applicable towards the vet degree, so I've actually made little progress. In a little over a year I will actually be going in a direction that is worth something.

I might go to Whole Foods tomorrow and look at their stuff, which I've done often, but I'm kinda scared right now to try anything different and new since the date is next Friday now. I can feel and see a new pimple forming right now literally on the edge of my upper lip. That is NOT good. She actually just messaged me and told me she had a dream about me last night and told me I was an extremely good "dream-kisser". I told her not to get her hopes up too high and laughed (I have no idea about kissing whatsoever). The last thing I want is a pimple ON MY LIP or near my mouth. If only that Spotscript had shipped all those weeks ago like it should have... It should be here on Saturday though if the shipping times are the same as before. I sure hope it's amazing.

I second the Super Secret hidden Aztec Healing Clay :P It's definitely a great thing to have, from diy masks to using it all on it's own. Also for your date, don't overthink things, when the moment comes just go with what feels natural. You get better with practice lol!

I got an email confirmation about shipping today, much sooner than expected, looks like I won't be running out!

Running out of Acnescript itself? Did you order anything along with those pills?

The shipping confirmation I got yesterday specifically had a note in it that said they were shipping everything I had ordered besides the Acnescript bottles, which would come later.

"The AcneScript pills in your order will

ship separately when our new shipment

arrives and our backorder ends."

Hopefully I'm not right, but I don't want you to be disappointed. I just compared my shipping e-mails, and the one I got on March 10th specifically told me they were shipped using Priority mail (just like the last shipment had been) and would arrive on Saturday the 12th, which it did. This e-mail I got on Wednesday didn't say how or when, but hopefully everything is the same and it comes tomorrow, Spotscript as well. I only got one shipping e-mail so hopefully they just combined both of my orders (since I ordered the Spotscript separately about 20 minutes before the second order).

I am so stressed out right now.

I'm looking into that aztec clay mask right now and even watching some videos about it on youtube. I think I might be going to Whole Foods tomorrow and buying that. Does it help with overall oil and shininess too? Seems like it would.

I would recommend doing a patch test of the clay on your neck or jawline a spot treatment just on those spots first to see how your skin reacts. If you put it all over your face, you COULD break out even more initially as you probably saw on some reviews. I'm not sure if it helps with oil, but it can be drying.

Edited by cherubie

Yeah I decided later not to mess with that right now. I might go get the clay next Monday when I'm by Whole Foods but I'm scared to try something like that when I've already got my skin looking the best it ever has and only have like 3-4 spots that are really bringing it down. I should know if the Spotscript is here within the hour and hopefully that will work as perfectly as it sounds like. I'd love to get just a faint tan too, but of course the weather in Minnesota is absolutely miserable. If it's even above freezing outside, then it's cloudy. My mom does have a stand-up tanning bed that her friend bought her from the Mercola website though, so that's pretty high quality and shouldn't do any damage if I just do it for a couple minutes (I already learned my lesson with tanning beds and actually using them).

No worries, It's definitely the shipping confirmation. I ordered it a day before their formula change, and so I'm getting the prior formula. I believe the new formula is what will take until May. Yeah, I was running low on the acnescript :lol: hopefully this will be my last order as it seems my topicals have been working out well.

Package came. There's no SpotScript with all the pill bottles though. Not pleased.

The spotscript was pretty good at drying out my pimple, but it made them more red and dry looking, worse than it did before, so I suppose it's good if you have time to heal, but not for a date. You'd be better off with a clay mask or another product that will sooth irritation like aloe vera.

Got my package yesterday with the old formula, I had 4 pills left! Close call, close call. I'm hoping after two months of consistent use I'll be able to stop taking it or reduce the dosage, I've been really happy lately with how my skin's been doing. No major breakouts ever since I fixed up my sleep schedule, it almost seems like what I eat doesn't matter as much. Still have PIH and scarring though!

I stay up till 4am-5am pretty much every night and get up on average around 2pm (sometime around 11am though due to work). Is that the kind of sleep schedule that was giving you problems? I've been planning this whole year to get on a normal sleep schedule, but keep putting it off.

I have to stay up late tonight, but I plan to get on at least a 1am-10am type sleep pattern hopefully by the end of this week.

I remember Dan one time said that a person working overnights is the only person he can't get clear. I've always liked staying up late, and worked overnights for 18 months back in 2005-2006 and have usually been on that schedule ever since even though I work afternoons and evenings now.

BTW, my lip issue seems to be going down since yesterday thankfully, but I still have an annoying spot above my eyebrow that won't get away and now another one near that right on my temple has come out of nowhere and is big and red. I don't know why I imagined my body would cooperate with me in preparing for my first ever date. I've been eating very healthy (and not even that much at all) and have been drinking a ton of white tea and also drinking many glasses of hot water with lots of lemon squeezed into it. If things don't shape up in the next four days, the biggest and only chance I've had at a happier life is going to be ruined.

Edited by Cleric

Cleric, have you ever considered that undue stress on yourself might be a pretty significant factor in your acne? Optimism and a clear mind (free of thinking about your skin, your vitamins, or acne.org) goes a lot further than you may think.

I spent many years being relaxed about it, I don't know how, but as I worked hard to improve, which I certainly have, it's begun to bother me more and more when things stay the same or get worse after being better.

I can't stand it or take it anymore and this whole year has been about finishing the fight no matter what I have to do or try. Hopefully getting on a healthy sleep schedule will be the final thing I need to do. I can't make myself not stressed out about being 24 and losing so much of my life and experiences due to my skin. I would have been so much more without this holding me back from literally everything I could have done in life, and that makes me sick and can't handle that happening from here on out.