Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay serious question. has anyone gotten sick while on acnescript and curcumin? just a coincidence right? i doubt that it is the reason why i have a cough, flu, and cold but just thought I would ask some of ya.

I got my box full of pill bottles yesterday. I now take daily:

4 capsules of GLA

4 capsules of Acnescript (regular, since oily is out of stock)

2 capsules of B5

2 Probiotic capsules

4 capsules of Guggul

2 capsules of Curcumin

I take half of that number above twice a day, besides the Probiotic, which I take both of all at once.

I'm going on Day 17 now, and I'm still happy. I have a around four problem spots, but they're not turning into what they would have back in the day, and I'm not waking up with a new issue every day. My oily skin also seems more under control, and the GLA will help even more it sounds like. It might take a few weeks to see the GLA take effect, but that's alright.

Last night, for example, I work seven hours at a very busy location of the store, and usually would have been so oily. I was still oily and was using my usual oil removing sheets or whatever, but not as much as I usually would need to, and afterward, I hung out with some friends. I usually would have to go home and shower and get ready for an hour, but when I went home beforehand I didn't need to shower and still didn't look terrible. Didn't look too great either, but today has been much better. I gotta stop touching my face and stuff and I'll be a lot better off.

I think getting blood and oxygen flow going is very important too, especially with all these internal pills and stuff going on. I ran a few miles this afternoon when I woke up and plan to do this daily for the next ten days (and from there on out of course) and will see where I'm at then in terms of progress. I should be able to get a lot of bike riding in very soon too, that is going to be such a great combo of sun and exercise...if only Dan had an SPF out. I hope Olay's SPF doesn't give me any issues, it's hard to tell if it caused any issues last summer the rare times I used it.

On my 6th day and breaking out bad. Loads of whiteheads on lower cheek/jaw (hardly ever get any here) and some even on my neck which looks like a slight rash with a few whiteheads scattered. Atleast I know it's working and could be the IB, will report back in a week, no notice in sebum production.

lol okay no wonder.

Side effects from taking garlic supplements include headache, fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle aches and dizziness

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publi...c-benefit.shtml

I have all those symptoms...

Or maybe you just coincidentally got sick at the same time as taking it. Garlic is a pretty harmless thing to be taking unless you're a part of an extremely small percentile of people who can't tolerate it. I can't imagine they even have extremely high doses of it in acnescript.

Just wait it out and see before making assumptions like that.

And CLERIC, you are a cutie pie!

Edited by OmegaisJaded

I'm glad to see acnecsript working for so many people! Anyone place a recent order? I'm wondering if they got all their loose ends tied up as far as shipping, securing curcumin, etc.

I'm glad to see acnecsript working for so many people! Anyone place a recent order? I'm wondering if they got all their loose ends tied up as far as shipping, securing curcumin, etc.

I placed my order on the 15th, and it shipped today. I got the regular one though, so I don't know if ordering the oily version will take longer. This is my third order with them, and so far, they always ship within 3-4 days (not as fast as promised on the website, but still consistent).

I got my second order last Saturday (8 days ago) and that was after ordering the Sunday before that, so I think their shipping is good. Usually they ship like 3 business days after you order, and then it gets to you two days later via Priority USPS.

This is the start of Day 23 for me. My cheeks/main face have become clear. Anything bad in there literally just came out of my face, it was like it was all evacuating, and then there'd just be a little hard white piece on my face or something, I'd never seen anything like that before. I've been going steady with yogurt/aspirin masks (put it on in the shower and wash it off after a few minutes while still in the shower) and I do the same thing with these deep sea masks and scrubs I bought at Whole Foods from Aloe Botanical I think is the brand.

I think Acnescript did cause some cystic acne on my forehead. It might have been from me touching my forehead with my hands, I know for sure one of them is from that, but I usually never have gotten this kind of acne, so I think it's Acnescript doing its thing. I don't mind, since I think it'll subside. I'm pretty sure most of the problems I'm having now is from past irritation, recent irritation (like, touching my face while at the laptop and my hands are certainly not clean), and from what I've put my body through the past month.

Not only have I been very sick the last week, but I've been slacking on running, eating poorly, drinking vodka, and have been quite mentally depressed. Even with all that, Acnescript is holding strong. I think that now that I'm feeling better and am going to FINALLY be able to ride bike due to nicer weather in the next week or so, will start running regularly like before, and am going to stop eating pizza every day and drinking, the results of Acnescript will finally be able to shine even more. Without it right now, I think I'd be in really bad shape.

As far as it cutting down on oilyness, I thought it was stopping that at first, but the last few days that certainly hasn't been the case, and I haven't had pizza since Monday night. I think it's Dan's moisturizer that's doing it, so I ordered Proactiv's Green Tea Moisturizer from Amazon tonight and can't wait to try it out. Seems like it might be what I'm looking for.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also plan to buy some fresh lemons and alternate putting lemon juice and pulp on my face for 10-15 minutes along with the other stuff I do. That technique has rave reviews here on Acne.org, and I saw it while looking for moisturizers. I also plan to stop staying up till 5am everyday. I've been on a very poor sleep schedule since 2005 and Dan has said that's the one thing that will cause skin problems that not even his regimen can help. I don't have any reason to stay up late, and recently stopped talking with the couple people I still talked to late at night online, so I have no incentive to do it anymore. No matter how late I stay up, I'm getting up between 10-11am each day, and my body will get tired of being tired and get to bed early sooner or later!

Edited by Cleric

how long are you suppose to stay on the 4 acnescipt pill a day? Im on day 25 and Im on the regular formula but am so dry and dehydrated...Im also red and irritated..no pimples, still lots of clogged pores but an extreme amt of flakiness in my chin area...Any ideas..I also dont take the Gla or Curcurim regularly..Maybe I should...Just started again yesterday with those...what do they help with?

AcneScriptâ„¢ Pure Curcumin is highly antiseptic and extremely anti-inflammatory. One or two pills daily.

AcneScriptâ„¢ Pure GLA (gamma linolenic acid) is an essential fatty acid that must be acquired from food or supplements (the body does not assimilate it on it's own). AcneScriptâ„¢ GLA is cold-pressed from organic seeds and is highly anti-inflammatory. A deficiency in GLA is common to many with acne. Those with oily skin should use GLA before taking additional B5. Be aware that it can take a month or more of use before a noticeable change will be seen. 3-5 pills twice a day for a week then 1-2 pills twice a day thereafter.

I just noticed that GLA is supposed to be mega-dosed like that for the first week. I have only been taking two twice a day for exactly a week now. Looks like I'll start taking four twice a day for the next week. You're supposed to stay on four a day forever, but you can also lower that if you want to personally.

Edited by Cleric

I'd say it depends on the severity of your acne and such, but I know that a lot of my friends switch to 2 pills once a day after about a month.

Wicky, what do you use topically? Taking something like fish oil has been anecdotally reported to improve sebum quality, 2 grams per day of a high quality fish oil getting around 1 gram of of EPA. Try and find a hydrating moisturizer that is non irritating for your skin, and you might benefit from not facing the showerhead if you do. I've seen a few members here who've had a negative experience similar to yours, so I would definitely say try taking 1 pill 2x a day spilt between 12 hours as best you can and experiment from there. Make sure to drink 8 glasses of water as well, and also take your supplements with a meal high in fiber to help slow absorption. Good luck!

If it wasn't for three problem spots going on right now, I'd be quite happy with my face at this point. It's ALWAYS something, and usually a handful of things. I'm hoping that over the next few days these three die down without anything else popping up. Taking all the pills right now, besides a B5 pill, and then going to Target. I'm going to get these Olay Daily Facial cleansing cloths I read about last night while researching moisturizers (and get some lemons). They seem to have good reviews and I noticed right away that they have Vitamin B5 on them, so I think they will be good to use if my face is oily and I'm at home and am getting bothered by it but it's too soon to shower again. It'll help me keep my face clean and keep me from rubbing my face and crap.

Thanks to you mentioning fish oil, I'm going to pick some of that up at Target too. I usually get the fish oil with Krill in it from GNC, but I'll wait till Gold Card week in early April to stock up on that again. I have a bottle of Cod Liver Oil I still need to drink the rest of anyway. I gotta make up for the last few weeks and let Acnescript work without trying to roadblock it, it's like I'm scared of having better skin and being happy. I guess that makes sense, since we're scared of things we know nothing about.

http://www.acne.org/lemon-juice-applied-to...s/73/page1.html

Awesome reviews for this, and I've never used lemon juice topically except for a couple drops in an overall egg white mask mixture, which I've always liked. I work tomorrow, so I'm not going to wear a full strength mask overnight in case I woke up with some horrible reaction, but I'm going to put ten drops in a half-cup of water and tone with that tonight and see how it goes. Getting rid of shine would be very ideal.

Edited by Cleric

Don't worry Cleric,

I'm sure your skin is good! Acnescript is really good at controlling I'd say 80% of my acne, and I'm still looking for the perfect topicals to cover most of the other 20%. Even if you do everything absolutely right, there's still a chance that a pimple or two will appear, and learning to accept that has made it much easier for me to deal with my skin. Keeping a picture log helps too so you can see how far you've come! I'm definitely not trying to be pretentious, I'm speaking from my own personal experience. A lot of the times in high school when I had minor break outs, I thought my skin was horrible. And then when I had cystic acne, I looked at those pictures and oh how I wished that my skin was like that again, haha. Now I have about 4 actives on my face, and PIH, but I'm content with my skin. Of course, I can't wait for it to clear up :)

Also, try to get your fish oil from non liver sources, often they have retinoids (the active form of vitamin A) in them. I personally like Carlson's fish oil, and there's many other good brands out there.

Yeah, I get Carlson's Cod Liver Oil. From everything I read a little over three years ago, that's basically the best of the best. I think Krill oil is the new hot thing though.

Edit: It's an hour later, and I was so upset with my face today that I used one of those new cleaning cloths (I thought they were like moist towelettes but you get them wet and then the cleanser comes out and stuff, so it was a little bit more of a "cleaner" than I hoped, but whatever). So I quickly cleansed my face, and then rubbed lemon and lemon pulp all over. I then made a mixture of lemon juice and turmeric powder and put that on four different spots.

After a few minutes of stopping myself from itching like crazy (and not at all) I'm loving the way it takes away that horribly shine/oily look. Looks like this will be my toner, and then some, from here on out.

Edited by Cleric

An interesting change of events. The breakout subsided quickly and my skin looks pretty good. I haven't noticed a change in sebum production, maybe a little but is hard to tell. Quite happy with the progress so far, hopefully shall continue.

I just checked to see if Spotscript was available yet and FINALLY the "not for sale" text was gone and I was able to purchase the regular full version of Spotscript. The SOS version is completely unmentioned now, so it looks like that one is done for good.

I then went to the Acnescript.com blog and saw a post that of course had to equal out the good news. They're experiencing a huge back-order thanks to the Europe thing where the corruption is banning the sale of herbal products in a month. People are buying in huge quantities and stocking up. I'm going to have to put in my next order right now it looks like, there's no way I want to ever miss out on a day with the progress I've been seeing.

Edit: When I went to the front page to order my stuff, I noticed that the Acnescript drop-down menu now doesn't even give an option for the oily skin version (which is fine since you just get extra B5 capsules with your order). Instead, you can order up to 10 bottles at a time now. Seems they're making it even easier for the Europeans to stock up.

Edit #2: Just ordered a $156.00 order. Hope it gets here before anything I have runs out. It's got quite some time.

Edited by Cleric

They put a huge thing up on the front page of the site, which leads to a more detailed explanation of the backorder. I won't last past late April. This is horrible.

New Backorder

"AcneScript is now in backorder. We have a revised batch of pills that we ordered for manufacture over a month ago. Unfortunately we have had an enormous increase in orders from our European customers who have begun stockpiling AcneScript„¢ due to the looming 'Traditional Herbal Medicines Product Directive' - which takes effect within the EU on May 1st 2011.

CGMP regulations, which are the rules within which supplements are manufactured in the USA, now dictate that a full production run takes between 8-12 weeks (largely because of increased quality inspections). We began manufacture of our new product run 4 weeks ago - which would normally have been more than enough time to keep our warehouse stocked. We did not anticipate the marked increase in orders that we have seen from Europe. Consequently all shipping for orders from about March 20th 2011 on out will be delayed until our new stock arrives from being manufactured - hopefully before or during May 2011. We will make every attempt to make certain that our AcneScript order is expedited through the various manufacturing steps as quickly as possible. Our apologies for the inconvenience. We just did not foresee the overwhelming increase in orders from Europe.

Please note: You may either wait until our new shipment has arrived to place additional orders or you may place them now. We will begin shipping orders again on a first come first served basis. Whoever orders first will of course be shipped first. Regrettably it will likely take a couple of weeks to fully catch up on our orders at that time.

You may continue to order other AcneScript products. We will ship them out immediately and then ship your AcneScript capsules when we get them back in stock. Also - please note that we have made our SpotScript Regular available again effective immediately. "

----------------

I wonder what he means by "revised batch" at the beginning. Are they doing anything with the current ingredients? Also, here is what he wrote on the blog about the backorder:

----------------

"It is with great regret that I have to announce the new backorder. Never did I believe that we would be overrun by a stampede of Europeans trying to stock up on AcneScript before the new THMPD regulations kick in effective May 1. I thought that there would be a bump in sales but we have been literally overrun. We will get things out as quickly as possible but we can only do so much given CGMP. Thank you and, again, my sincere apologies this unexpected inconvenience."

Edited by Cleric

CLeric- You mentioned on the last page seeing impacted whiteheads literally coming to the surface and sitting there or flaking away....I had the same thing happen to me which I thought was cool too.

Im guessing what had happened was I stopped using BP scrubs, and started using dermalogica clearing face wash. It is a very light formula of %1 salicylic acid, arnica montana (which is a natural anti-inflammatory) and tea tree oil among other things. I was using it for around 1 month before I started to notice that my impacted whiteheads around my cheeks were surfacing, but NOT becoming inflamed like what would happen with proactive.

Its all very subjective as to what caused it for me, could have just been the pores clearing themselves naturally, but I think the dermalogica helped. Downside is its expensive, and I think it caused more slightly inflamed whiteheads/blackheads on my forehead, which I never had.

Overall product is good. The oil control lotion is the only thing that truly Mattifyes my forehead for hours. (I think the secret ingredient is potato starch)

Moving forward im switching to Kiehls Blue line. If that doesnt work im rotating all the way back to proactive.

It is cool, and I wish it would have happened with the two huge red spots I have right now. My skin would look the best it ever has if it wasn't for these two big red bumps right now. One is like two inches above the middle of my eyebrow, on my forehead, and the other is about 2 inches from the corner of my mouth on the left side. The one of my forehead was big and red with like three whiteheads that I was getting with a pin the last couple days and the other one has slowly grown into a big red bump. I was able to stick it with a pin last night after being patient and waiting for the right time, but it seems like it wasn't ready and there was still a lot left under the white part that had formed throughout the day.

I am infuriated at these two and as long as they're there and has big and red as they are I feel like I've made no progress. They look horrendous. I've got lemon, tea tree oil, AHA+,ice cube method (for the first time ever) going to try and get these things to die fast.

noooo! Another shortage of acnescript :wall:

I have enough to get me through two weeks if I take 2 a day, so I'll make it last as much as I can and around the last 5 days or so start taking 1 a day.

They must be getting very popular. I'm thinking about just taking the ingredients individually for cheaper because I hate dealing with all of their backups and shipping times...

Hmm...they changed their formula?

From their website:"AcneScriptâ„¢ is available in one formulation now. The ingredients have been slightly changed in order to make it yet more effective. Where previously we had employed organic turmeric we now employ our Pure Curcumin directly in the AcneScriptâ„¢ capsules themselves. We have additionally added Green Tea Extract. The new formulation is closer to our previous Oily Skin variant in terms of reducing oil production."

It's really alarming when companies keep changing their story or their product. Admittedly, I honestly think that acnescript is the best random online purchase I've ever made, as it has helped tremendously, and if this formulation works even better, what more can I ask for? But the inconsistent supplies (this is their 3rd or 4th backlog since their launch last year?) and the changes in products make it seem like this isn't something I can rely on for the next several years. I mean spotscript had numerous problems and is now on sale. The super spotscript or whatever it was called isn't even for sale anymore. Again, the pills have worked great for me (better than Dan's BP even) but shouldn't this "company" (not sure if it's big enough to even called that, or it's operated by a one man show in his garage) have researched their products BEFORE launching? Plus, the owner said in a previous blog that their fill their capsules to the rim, and the manufacturer was complaining that they need to decrease the amount in each capsule, and now they're adding in NEW extracts? So either they're getting huge fish-oil sized capsules or they're cutting back on some ingredients.

Edited by cherubie

Adding Green Tea Extract is an awesome addition. The change from organic Turmeric to pure Curcumin isn't that big of a change. I can't remember the specifics, but it's kinda like the difference between Vitamin A and Beta Carotene. Curcumin is the more pure form of Turmeric that is probably better absorbed by the body and more potent.

Edited by Cleric