Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kayla87

Zinc, Vitamin A, Omega 3 (fish oil)

I just bought zinc (50 mg), vitamin A( 8,000 IU) , and omega 3 (1200mg). Has anyone had success? Is there any risks? Should I take one of each a day?

ive had INCREDIBLE success with zinc its reduces the redness of everything on your face by sooooooooooooo much and Vit a and omega 3 have also been working real well for me! and yea thats all i do take one a day, zinc can be harmful if u take more then 50mg a day and as for all the other vitamins if you take to many your body will become dependent on those pills and forget how to take in those vitamins from food

I've been doing awesome with Vit A that has Vit D in it too (10 000 IU/400IU) and Zinc (50mg). I also have fish oil 1600mg, but I haven't been taking it lately...trying to see what I can take out and still be clear.

But just to be clear, go to your doctor and have a check up first. Just so nothing goes wrong, because there are side effects with Vit A and you can OD on Zinc I think. It all depends on how your body is.

Edited by TofuEater

A physics is a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception, are you looking for a perfect psychic astrology, psychic palm readings and a psychic healing powers, you can call us at 877-763-3431.

Edited by dinahbee

I've been doing awesome with Vit A that has Vit D in it too (10 000 IU/400IU) and Zinc (50mg). I also have fish oil 1600mg, but I haven't been taking it lately...trying to see what I can take out and still be clear.

But just to be clear, go to your doctor and have a check up first. Just so nothing goes wrong, because there are side effects with Vit A and you can OD on Zinc I think. It all depends on how your body is.

yeah dude too much zinc is bad too.

just take one zinc pill and one vit A pill every day. no more

idk if you can take too much omega 3, its an essential oil so itd be hard to take too much

I'm taking two of these a day. Is that too much? I just realized that was 10mg over the 50 mg limit. :shock:

Don't freak out... You can take up to 100mg a day depending on your size & weight. Unless you are very petite I dont think 60 mg a day is enough to overdose. I took 100mg a day for like 6 months with no symptoms of OD. I dropped it down to 50mg though. Its more economical and it works just as well.

Im gonna go get some zinc and vit A while Im on my differin treatmeant :)

QUESTION: A lot of people Ive talked to have cut out dairy products from their diets and its helped their acne, but vitamin A is supposedly the best vitamin for acne treatment, and dairy products are enriched with it. How does that work?!?!

QUESTION: A lot of people Ive talked to have cut out dairy products from their diets and its helped their acne, but vitamin A is supposedly the best vitamin for acne treatment, and dairy products are enriched with it. How does that work?!?!

Vitamin A can be found in milk but it also contains hormones, bad fats and is inflammatory. Nutrients from milk (especially calcium) are actually hard to absorb. You can actually get a lot more nutrients (absorption wise) from broccoli, kale and cauliflower. A lot of people actually are lacking in the enzyme to properly digest milk anyway.

And this isn't all a big hippie conspiracy theory lol, its straight from the latest nutritional science textbooks.

Kale actually has 1000% of your daily beta carotene! Carrots have 300%. (Beta carotene is the precursor for vitamin A and you can eat tons and tons of it without getting the toxicity of too much Vit A.)

Cod liver oil is also a good source of vitamin A and has vitamin D too. Vit A and D are both very reliant on each other so its a good idea to get good amounts of each.

As for zinc...you can take up to 100 mg a day for awhilewithout any trouble. Its one of those Vitamins that you should take a break from once in awhile just so you dont accumulate too much in your body. An easy way to know if you have too much zinc is if the supplement makes you nauseous. also you can take liquid zinc and if you cant taste it you need more and if it tastes foul then you have enough.

A good thing to know is that zinc works with B6 and magnesium so make sure your getting enough of those. Also magnesium works with potassium and calcium. And calcium works with Vitamin D which works with Vitamin A.

Basically try and eat foods high in the above nutrients but if you dont think your getting enough just from your diet you can take

-ZBM (mixed vitamin of zinc magnesium and B6)

-Calcium

-Cod liver oil (A and D)

Potassium is easy enough to get in your diet if you eat fresh salads and fruit. Avocado, banana, yam, canned tomato, soybeans and spinach are good sources.