Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novalie

One treatment of Fraxel for "orange peel" skin

Hi,

I went to the derm today and got Fraxel Re:Store done on two hypertropic/raised scars on my back. Treatment was only $400 which I thought was pretty good (she also did IPL laser to get rid of redness, and a shot of Kenalog).

While there, I was asking her about Fraxel for my face. I have "orange peel" skin on my face...nothing too deep or rolling, just a general uneven texture (looks like large pores, but they're pitted scars). She thought that I would be able to get smooth skin with one treatment of Fraxel Re:Store. I've read other people's posts that they didn't see a difference after one treatment. What do you think? She said it would be $700. Is it worth it? Also, does the redness go away in one week? How long is the down time?

Thanks!

takes about a week for the redness/bronze color to go away. i think you will see results after 3-5 treatments, since fraxel restore is design to have couple treatments for optimal results.

takes about a week for the redness/bronze color to go away. i think you will see results after 3-5 treatments, since fraxel restore is design to have couple treatments for optimal results.

Thanks for the reply - is it possible to see results after one treatment? If scarring isn't too bad or too deep? I'm not expecting perfection, just improvement...

Thanks for the reply - is it possible to see results after one treatment? If scarring isn't too bad or too deep? I'm not expecting perfection, just improvement...

if its very shallow rolling scars and some pigmentation, im sure you'll have improvement. but if its deep boxcar scars or icepick, you will need couple treatment to see results (if any).