Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drbañez

New, working, regimen

I have since stopped using my old regimen and have picked up a new one.

It consists of Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Exfoliating Pads and Cream Cleanser, Neutrogena Skin iD Benzoyl Peroxide, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin. Also I have added Vitamin E to my diet.

So far the results have been good. I haven't had a breakout in a couple months now and my skin is actually getting brighter. I noticed before with my old face washes that my face would be extremely red and never took it into consideration. With the new cleansers I don't have the redness I used to have. A friend of mine whose mom is a dermatologist told me that skin cleansers shouldn't make your skin tingly or tight after drying. The tingly sensation is one most of us associate with the product working, however, it is an indication of the product being too sensitive on your face. The new Aveeno products do not give my skin that tingly feeling at all.

My twice a day regimen is as follows: on Monday through Saturday I use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser (0.5% Salicylic Acid) then pat dry. I apply the Neutrogena skin iD benzoyl peroxide (2% I believe) on after it dries and then follow up with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin. I take Vitamin E (400 IU) twice a day before a meal as Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin and must be taken with a meal in order for it to be effective.

On Sunday the regimen is basically the same, except instead of using the Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser, I use the Daily Exfoliating Pads. Like I indicated before, I'm not a big fan of exfoliating as I feel its too harsh on the skin, however I believe the forumla in the pads justifies it being an exfoliating product.

So far my forehead has cleared up amazingly. My regimen is also very fast acting on new blemishes (or what would be new blemishes). My only concern is the Vitamin E. I don't like taking extra vitamins as I believe that it should all come from the usual diet, but an old teacher of mine recommended Vitamin E for acne. I don't know if it's just the addition of the Vitamin E that's helping clear up my skin, but so far everything is working for me.