Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so ive recently been observing my scars and have noticed that whenever i pucker up my lips lets say to one side of my face so that all that my skin gets stretched out on the other side. I notice that about 65% of my scars automatically dissapear and my face looks ALOT BETTER. Now call me crazy for proposing this but would a face life help acne scars. I keep thinking if i could just stretch my skin a little on each side it would make my scars look a whole lot better. But then again i think how some celebs look weird after doing this but the thing is most of the people that do this are old and saggy. Will this work or is it just a illusion? i dont know, what do you guys think about this and im sure some of you have already noticed this as well. I swear if i could just pul my skin back a little my face would look so much better.

I dont think that would help because it wont take long before your skin starts to loosen after a face lift. I am not quite sure what treatment would help but I think you scarring doesnt look deep

It would probably help for a while. But that is really a serious thing to do. Have you ever seen what people look like while that is being done? It's a nasty operation. And it probably would wear off eventually.

Ok, so ive recently been observing my scars and have noticed that whenever i pucker up my lips lets say to one side of my face so that all that my skin gets stretched out on the other side. I notice that about 65% of my scars automatically dissapear and my face looks ALOT BETTER. Now call me crazy for proposing this but would a face life help acne scars. I keep thinking if i could just stretch my skin a little on each side it would make my scars look a whole lot better. But then again i think how some celebs look weird after doing this but the thing is most of the people that do this are old and saggy. Will this work or is it just a illusion? i dont know, what do you guys think about this and im sure some of you have already noticed this as well. I swear if i could just pul my skin back a little my face would look so much better.

ive noticed the same thing w/ my scars & wondered the same thing

ppl commonly say if you stretch your skin & can see the scars disappear then it will prolly respond well to treatments (like lasers)

i dont know how accurate that is, but it gives me hope for when i finally get laser treatments

what you have is called rolling scars (the ones you can stretch out to make it disappear). I have the 4 on my left cheek that are similiar to yours. there are couple of treatments out there that can imrove the scar. Right now, i've been getting saline injection treatment from my dermatologist. it requires 6 treatment to have significant results. the dermatologist pretty much inject each scar with saline solution (salt water) and you will notice that your scar is plumped back up to skin level. When the saline solution goes away (within about a week) you will notice that the scar is not as DEEP. and after couple treatments you will notice that your scar will level closer and closer to flat surface (instead of pitted). this treatment is permanent (not a filler).

I'm on my 2nd treatment so far and i've notice 30% improvement. 4 more to go! If you are in LA from southern cali.. you are in luck, because the only dermatologist that performs this is in Fullerton CA.

what you have is called rolling scars (the ones you can stretch out to make it disappear). I have the 4 on my left cheek that are similiar to yours. there are couple of treatments out there that can imrove the scar. Right now, i've been getting saline injection treatment from my dermatologist. it requires 6 treatment to have significant results. the dermatologist pretty much inject each scar with saline solution (salt water) and you will notice that your scar is plumped back up to skin level. When the saline solution goes away (within about a week) you will notice that the scar is not as DEEP. and after couple treatments you will notice that your scar will level closer and closer to flat surface (instead of pitted). this treatment is permanent (not a filler).

I'm on my 2nd treatment so far and i've notice 30% improvement. 4 more to go! If you are in LA from southern cali.. you are in luck, because the only dermatologist that performs this is in Fullerton CA.

How much does each treatment cost? I've heard a lot about this treatment but its expensive isnt it?

How much does each treatment cost? I've heard a lot about this treatment but its expensive isnt it?

it's only 840 dollars for the package of 6 saline injection (he will inject EACH scar every time i go in for a treatment). its pretty cheap and affective comparing to expensive lasers that wont even give you close to 50% even if you do it 2-3 times.

Really interesting, I didn't know about this! Salt water works wonders for your skin, when I went to the Dominican my skin was soooo clear!! It was beautiful :cry:

Really interesting, I didn't know about this! Salt water works wonders for your skin, when I went to the Dominican my skin was soooo clear!! It was beautiful :cry:

yeah, what the saline does is that its injected under the scar to break up the scar tissue (sorta like subcision) that is holding down your skin making it pitted/atrophic. then the saline solution is suppose to help build collagen to fill the scar underneath little by little.