Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazy09

My Accutane Journey (with pictures)-DONE! Dealing With the Aftermath

I'm not an expert or anything of course, but I started using a vitamin E gel on my skin at night that I bought from the pharmacy and I only put it on 4 nights and already I started breaking out on my legs and chest. I know its from the gel because I've never broken on out my body like that before and this is my first time using the vitamin E gel. The one I bought even states that it doesnt clog pores, but clearly its too much for my body to handle haha

HELP!!! Does Vitamin E oil clog pores?!?! I use it on red marks and scars from irritated or popped pimples that failed miserably. I am breaking out.. I've used Vitamin E oil in the past few months with no problems but I have no idea why else I'd be breaking out right now!!!!

Hi I read your log today, I'm also on accutane but I'm in the middle of month 2, and let me tell you you are so lucky you can cover up like that! I cover up but I don't know if I do it well because I don't look at myself in the mirror too close, but it looks good 2 meters away lol, you are so pretty! i wish i was that pretty! also i wanted to ask you did you clear up a lot after your initial breakout? becaise i think i got it last week and now i feel it will improve but I'm scared it will be bad again as always, like it's good one day and then it two days it sucks :( does that happen to you too? also what makeup do you use and what is your regimen? i wish you the best of luck but i'm sure you don't need it! ;)

@paiger639: Thanks for your input!! Hopefully we can figure out this Vitamin E oil stuff! ;)

@vintagelover: Awe, thank you for posting and reading! Let me tell you, I am having a terrible bout with my skin right about now - I have no idea what the deal is. I'm on month 3; I thought this was the month I'd see improvement instead of the awfulness I am currently experiencing. :( Thank you for the compliment, though! I am sure you are pretty - give yourself some credit! :) I use Bobbi Brown Natural Skin Finish SPF 15 for foundation and I absolutely LOVE it. For concealer (like blemishes, not under eyes) I use Prescriptives Skin Camouflage. I have used that concealer for so long and I swear by it, but it got discontinued so I have no idea what I'm going to do when I run out of it. Bobbi Brown is my new favorite make-up line so I think I will try a concealer by them so I'll let you know how that goes if you're interested. For under eye concealer (I'm not sure if you care about this) I use Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Pot. Love that stuff too. As for taking care of my skin, my regimen is just to wash my face with this Beauty Begins Within Aloe-Vera based face wash and then moisturize with Kiehl's Yerba Mate lotion <-- highly recommended. Hope that helps!!

As for the initial break out, I didn't really have one.. I might be experiencing one right now, but it also just might be the same as how my skin was before I got on the Accutane. :/ So blah.

Edited by crazy09

Thank you for taking the time to explain your regimen to me!, I only wear liquid foundation and then powder and then a little blush, I feel it covers all the redness but I'm not sure cause I put my makeup in dim light and not too close to the mirror lol, i don't wanna get depressed before I go out, the thing is feeling good about yourself even if it's not that good right? i don't know lol, i hope you are doing better today with your skin, even though i think your skin is not that bad at all! i'll keep up with your log :) good luck!

Thanks @vintagelover, I hope you start a log of your own!!! And I totally know how you feel about getting depressed before you go out - it happens to me all the time.. I end up NOT going out haha. Just can't do it.

In acne news, I got another pimple today. UGH! Can't wait until I have no pimples to report. :/

Hi there, another fellow Accutaner! I'm on my second month right now and lemme tell ya, the chapped lips are freakin annoying. Great job on your makeup, it looks amazing :) I splurged on some Cle De Peau concealer stick and I will never use another concealer from now on. I've never had such good coverage for my horribly pink-undertoned-pale skin! That Nars blush you use is THE best too, love it love it.

I didn't really have a huge IB when I started, it actually seemed slightly less than a normal breakout, but I have had some major neck and joint pain. I picked up some Osteo Bi-Flex and now I can actually get up in the morning without feeling like I'm 80. From what I've read, the saturation of the Accutane becomes more and more as the months go on, which is why all of a sudden you will have a reaction to a product you've been using okay up til then. A lot of people have talked about sensitivities and it seems to be something that can come later in the treatment than some. This week the hand sanitizer at work gave me a rash on my hands and it's never done that before, but it's got Aloe and Vitamin E so that could be it.

Love the advice from Michellemac, she's got a good take on it all.

You take care, keep smiling (if you can without your lips cracking) we're all in this together and revel in those wonderful clear days :)

I really feel like I'm just someone Accutane is not going to work for. :( I still have clogged pores that are turning into pimples to no avail... it sucks so much. :( :( :(

How far along are you exactly? I'm sure it will clear up soon enough!

I'm almost halfway into month 3.. :/

I really feel like I'm just someone Accutane is not going to work for. :( I still have clogged pores that are turning into pimples to no avail... it sucks so much. :( :( :(

I feel the same way too :(, I think is the negativity acne has caused, but we gotta have faight, but don't worry, some people get better in the third month but other people get better in the 4th, and the rest gets better after the treatment, just think it's just months you have to wait, and i think since we've already had acne for years, it's worth waiting some months to be clear

I feel the same way too :(, I think is the negativity acne has caused, but we gotta have faight, but don't worry, some people get better in the third month but other people get better in the 4th, and the rest gets better after the treatment, just think it's just months you have to wait, and i think since we've already had acne for years, it's worth waiting some months to be clear

I'm feeling very miserable right now :( Thanks for your help, though.

keep poppin those pills, seriously. I just started month four maybe about two weeks ago, but i didnt start clearing up until where you are up to now. But hey, some people show results in 1 month, some not until 6! your at 3 and a half months, accutane is still flushing out all the pimples you just don't want to ever see again ;). If your going through a breakout now, just keep fighting because accutane may cause it all to come up, but it can get rid of it in a heart beat too. Stay strong crazy09!

Yeah, definitely keep taking Accutane. I was still breaking out at month 3. By the time I hit month 4 and 5 I had great improvement. If you just forget about the drug I swear it's like your face changes overnight. I look back at my pictures before Accutane now and I hardly remember what it was like to break out so much. Just keep it up! Good luck! ;)

@patfellover: Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement, it made me feel a lot better!

@mercyunbound: I hope I start to see improvement soon. UGH. It's just annoying because it's just anything I do to my skin completely ruins it - I scratch myself and I'll have a mark for a week. It's really annoying and I can't stand it. I hate pimples. :'( I wish they would just go away.

I got my first cyst while on Accutane. WTF!? I never get those. like EVER. What the heck do I do to treat it!?

I am sorry :( those are really tricky, and there isnt much you can do, since they usually dont have a head... you can use ice on them to help with the swelling, and some neosporing overnight. other than that, just wait it out. i know its not what you want to hear, but believe me, after years and years, ive realized that there really isnt much you can do.

Thanks hop3. I'm not looking forward to waiting this out. :/

SO, PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST! I went to Walgreens and bought Lypsyl Lip Balm and it is AMAZING. I HIGHLY recommend it because Aquaphor is just not doing the job for me lately. It was $2.99, so you should definitely try it.

:(

Everythings gonna be alright :) :dance: * points to quote signature *

I'm trying! Thanks for the inspiration. It's just a new bump every day and ANYTHING I do causes a mark on my skin now!

@crazy09

Do not try too many stuff.. Leave your face/skin alone for sometime..

Let your Accutane work.. Am sure you will see positive results in no time...

Take Care

Have you tried tea tree on your new bumps? My derm said it was ok to use so I am using diluted tt oil instead of BP. SOme people swear by it so Im giving it a bash!

Sorry you are having such a rough time but I can tell by your posts that you are a really strong person - you will get through this and it WILL be worth it!!!

GOod luck and I will be checking back x