Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loves*jher

is not flaking OK?

Hi! I'm 23, I had smooth skin last year with occasional pimples but not noticeable. But this year, I started using scrubs to make my skin lighter and i guess it aggravated my skin because I had breakouts after another. The pimples broke-out close to each other and was very visible and distracting.

I started the regimen 1month ago. Both sides of my cheeks now are full with marks of pimples (20+ spots of hyper pigmentation) and I have only 1 active cystic acne. But I'm worried because I switched my cleanser from Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar to Olay Foaming Face wash and my flaking decreased SOOO much. I am actually happy with what I see, because my face is not dry but I fear that this will not work in the long run. Is flaking an essential part of the regimen? Or its just a side-effect? I want to have clear skin not just for now but for a long time so I really want to know if I'm doing good. Thanks!

Flaking is just a side-effect. BP is a drying agent, so early on, before the skin has had a chance to adjust to it, it often gets dry and flaky. Once the skin has adjusted to the BP, the flakiness subsides.

There are actually lots of threads on these boards about different ways to keep the flakiness to a minimum. If switching to a different cleanser helped you, then that's great! One less thing to worry about, lol!