Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yowasup

Post-Accutane Chapped Lips

Post-Accutane Chapped lips  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still get chapped lips?

• Yes, my chapped lips didn't go away once I stopped taking Accutane.
    • No, my chapped lips went away once I stopped taking Accutane.

i was going to ask the same thing! I have been off accutane for about a month and my lips are still soooo dry! I CANNOT go anywhere without chapstick. I apply it almost every hour :( it sucks. Today, I left my chapstick at home and my lips were dying. I skipped class to by some chapstick because it was that bad..grr

I've heard people say their lips return to normal like within a week after their done..hopefully this is not permanent. I might go see my doctor about it

i was going to ask the same thing! I have been off accutane for about a month and my lips are still soooo dry! I CANNOT go anywhere without chapstick. I apply it almost every hour :( it sucks. Today, I left my chapstick at home and my lips were dying. I skipped class to by some chapstick because it was that bad..grr

I've heard people say their lips return to normal like within a week after their done..hopefully this is not permanent. I might go see my doctor about it

Try not using it. Maybe the reason you have dry lips is because you apply other stuff on it. I remember my lips going try when I was using chapstick a lot.

Try not using it. Maybe the reason you have dry lips is because you apply other stuff on it. I remember my lips going try when I was using chapstick a lot.

I have tried not using chapstick, my lips are unbearable without it. If I even talk my lips will start stretching and cracking...

I have tried not using chapstick, my lips are unbearable without it. If I even talk my lips will start stretching and cracking...

Give it some more time. Also, try using different chapstick brand, because, from what I have heard, some indeed might make your lips more dry.

Plain old petroleum jelly. :)

I had chapped lips BEFORE Accutane, no worse during the treatment and definitely no worse after the treatment.

WELL GUYS THE ONLY THING WORKED FOR ME IS kiehls facial fuel lip something,its £9 here in uk ,i bought from harrods,believe me it works wonderful and its not oily at all and your lips are soft all day no matter how dry ur lips are...cheers

I can't really vote on this yet, as only been off Accutane for about a week. I think my lips are gradually getting less dry and cracked, but not back to normal yet.