Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm on two medications right now: Triaz and Tazorac. I take two showers a day and use both the creams. I've been on this medication for sometime, and for the longest time I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.

I found my answer less then a month ago. I was taking hot showers. The hot water made my skin worse.

I now take cold showers and the acne on my skin is clearing up at a faster rate. My skin does not burn,peal or turn red.

I hope this advice helps.

Ben, why don't you just leave it alone? We know you're against cold showers, so enough. No one wants to hear your comment but you.

I am confident it works, if not for anything other than drying out your skin more than warm water.

Clearly, my opinion is still needed if people are misinformed enough to think cold water will somehow cure them of anything. Yakushi was using like 4 things at once (including vinegar, BP, etc...) when he credited cold showers for helping him.

PS: The theory is that cold showers dry you out less; so there goes that idea.

i think ice cold water really helps acne, but its not so easy to take a shower everytime with chilled water especially in winters. The hot water activate ur glands and hence breakouts.