Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its been 4 years since Ive had acne.. Looking back at it, it really didnt change anything. Now you can take this as either a negative or positive post, its kind of a glass half full kind of thing I guess.

Yeah when I had acne it was bad, and I thought it was the worst thing and I kept thinking if only I didnt have acne what if. Well before acne I had the same friends and did the same things I pretty much did during acne. After acne I had new college friends for a while and the new college experience but that died out fast.

Before acne there was a girl I really liked who played me and really hurt my feelings. There was also a girl that really liked me that I turned down, but I dont really remember much about that. During acne there were no girls what so ever. No girls that I liked or that liked me. I was predisposed to the idea that girls didnt like me because of acne, now was this true? I dunno, maybe it was the acne, or maybe it was because I was extremely down in the dumps over acne (I'll favor the 2nd part of that reason)

After acne, I had 1 brief girlfriend, who wasnt worth it. Didnt last and was more of a stress than a good thing.

After acne there was another girl I really liked, who played me even worse than the girl before acne. After acne there were a few girls that liked me who I turned down, and again, its the one I liked who played me that really stung and stuck with me.

During acne, nothing bad really happened to me, and nothing really brought me down besides acne and emotional problems (mostly blamed on acne at the time)

Before acne I had a bunch of other insecurities to blame.

After acne I had a ton of let downs, and problems that both brought me down and built me up at the same time.

Ive still been called insecure after acne. Ive still had the same interests, Ive still had some of the same friends that I had during acne and before acne. I get anxiety over whether i'll amount to something or not now that im older (which acne has nothing to do with).

Now 4 years post acne, acne was just a bump in the road that made no difference what so ever. Now 4 years later it was a positive thing if anything, because Im not really superficial at all (never really was before acne either) It was 1 more thing that humbled me, but it was the problems post acne that made me even more down in the dumps at times, but overall performing on a higher level.

Acne wasn't anything than just another experience, that now if someone else has acne, I can relate to it and how they feel about it because I had it to, so acne is 1 more thing that can relate me to other people.

So basically, for those of you with acne.. life is life and not acne. Nothing really changes. If you think your acne is the big blame and you'll transform after acne, your wrong. Maybe they'll be some changes, but acne isnt really a big factor. After acne they'll just be more challeneges in the road. So get used to the challenge of acne now, and be ready to make the best out of new challenges that both the future and present holds. But im sure you'll notice, acne or not, all the core things that make you who you are will always be the same. your family will always be the same. Your true close friends will always be the same. With or without acne friends come and go, thats given.

Now if you've read this entire long post lol, comment on it.

beautiful...if only i shared the same outlook.....

Its been 4 years since Ive had acne.. Looking back at it, it really didnt change anything. Now you can take this as either a negative or positive post, its kind of a glass half full kind of thing I guess.

Yeah when I had acne it was bad, and I thought it was the worst thing and I kept thinking if only I didnt have acne what if. Well before acne I had the same friends and did the same things I pretty much did during acne. After acne I had new college friends for a while and the new college experience but that died out fast.

Before acne there was a girl I really liked who played me and really hurt my feelings. There was also a girl that really liked me that I turned down, but I dont really remember much about that. During acne there were no girls what so ever. No girls that I liked or that liked me. I was predisposed to the idea that girls didnt like me because of acne, now was this true? I dunno, maybe it was the acne, or maybe it was because I was extremely down in the dumps over acne (I'll favor the 2nd part of that reason)

After acne, I had 1 brief girlfriend, who wasnt worth it. Didnt last and was more of a stress than a good thing.

After acne there was another girl I really liked, who played me even worse than the girl before acne. After acne there were a few girls that liked me who I turned down, and again, its the one I liked who played me that really stung and stuck with me.

During acne, nothing bad really happened to me, and nothing really brought me down besides acne and emotional problems (mostly blamed on acne at the time)

After acne I had a ton of let downs, and problems that both brought me down and built me up at the same time.

Ive still been called insecure after acne. Ive still had the same interests, Ive still had some of the same friends that I had during acne and before acne. I get anxiety over whether i'll amount to something or not now that im older (which acne has nothing to do with).

Now 4 years post acne, acne was just a bump in the road that made no difference what so ever. Now 4 years later it was a positive thing if anything, because Im not really superficial at all (never really was before acne either) It was 1 more thing that humbled me, but it was the problems post acne that made me even more down in the dumps at times, but overall performing on a higher level.

Acne wasn't anything than just another experience, that now if someone else has acne, I can relate to it and how they feel about it because I had it to, so acne is 1 more thing that can relate me to other people.

So basically, for those of you with acne.. life is life and not acne. Nothing really changes. If you think your acne is the big blame and you'll transform after acne, your wrong. Maybe they'll be some changes, but acne isnt really a big factor. After acne they'll just be more challeneges in the road. So get used to the challenge of acne now, and be ready to make the best out of new challenges that both the future and present holds. But im sure you'll notice, acne or not, all the core things that make you who you are will always be the same. your family will always be the same. Your true close friends will always be the same. With or without acne friends come and go, thats given.

You will soon enough

beautiful...if only i shared the same outlook.....

Skimmed it; kudos to you mate. We pretty much share the same outlook on life :P

Acne is just a tool, a sad excuse for us to blame our faults on. Sure, it might actually be the cause of some, but to dump our life's downs upon it is lazy. Before I changed my outlook, I was sad and depressed, I thought the world was my enemy. I figured no one would want to be my friend etc etc. Post change, I've realized how deluded I was, I was my own enemy. I still hate acne but to blame it entirely for my problems is ignorant.

Btw, the reason why no girls liked you during your acne period is almost certainly because you were down in the dumps. I mean it's kinda hard to crush on a guy that's constantly depressed ya know? I had one girl like me during my acne period and a couple seemed interested. This was because I created an aura of mystery by not talking to anyone and yet still hanging out with people (to elaborate I'd need to dig a bit into social psychology...which I cbf :P). Said interest faded fast because no girl likes talking to a brick wall. Now that I'm outgoing, I've noticed a lot of girls show interest which ironically generate more interest as other girls view their interest (psychology again).

Hmmm, interesting, some people may look at this and say it's very positive, others may look at it and say different.

I've had acne since I was 13, and when I was clear around 16-17 I started to open up more, didn't wear make up as much, I liked myself a lot and you could honestly say that I "blossomed". I thought I was beautiful, I liked looking at myself in the mirror, and I could actually look people in the eye, which when I had acne I couldn't. However, acne came back around 17 toward 18 due to birth control, which if I could go back I would have never taken because it took my clear skin and made it into a war zone. I became depressed, I started wearing more make up, buying more skin care products, I basically hated my life for 2 years due to these horrible beak outs. I understand that nothing changed, I still had a great boyfriend that loved me for who I was and not what my skin looked like. And I had great friends who thought the same thing. However, acne is tricky. It may have been just another experience for you, but for others out there dealing with acne it's a battle rather than an experience. Some people have had it since a very young age and have been dealing with it for years and have never been clear. So I could look at this both ways, I understand what you're saying that acne shouldn't be the excuse in your life that causes you to miss out on it. However, when you've just been kicked and kicked for so long trying to get good results from medications and prescriptions, it's hard to deal with and hard to get through. And in the end if they do eventually get clear it's not just another experience, it was a really rough time in their life, and they may think "I should have never have had to live with that for so long". So, yeah, either way you look at it, it was a good message to get through to someone out there struggling.