Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
todach

Acne - Super Oily Skin

Okay so, I've got a super OILY skin that I've never seen anyone have, literally it's so oily that when I touch my face you can feel the grease and also causes me to shine like mad and pretty sure it's what causes my acne and blackheads.

I have acne over my cheeks that doesn't seem to go away, and my forehead, and blackheads on my nose and the sides of my nose on the cheeks a bit nearby the nose.

It's getting really irritating I've been trying my best for so many years, drinking only water, I simply BANNED dairy from my meals, and nothing seems to ever help, scars seem to show up when I don't even pick my face or mess around with my acne and I have no idea.

It causes me to sink into really bad depressions *moderator edit* at times. (really)

I've been washing my face with Nivea Men Purifying Face Wash for oily skin that claims to control shine and control oil, following Nivea Visage toner stay clean that claims to prevent blackheads and spots, and following Nivea Men Oil Control Moisturiser.

And yet no avail, I don't know what to do or what to resort to anymore, my self esteem is devastated and I feel like I deserve the love of no one and find myself repulsive, I can't stop thinking about it every second of the day.

Please, can someone help, even though I think there's no solution for the state I'm at, however that's my life story. ):

absolutely no caffeine, drink a green smoothie everyday. you will probably see results in 7 days. You probably should stop using your face wash and buy Dove Beauty Bar for Sensitive Skin

Edited by Dan B

I don't drink caffeine, I drink about 3 liters of water a day, try eating as much vegetables and fruits as I can.

:/

I'm clueless.

I see that you are trying to eat healthy. Niacin (vitamin b3) really helped reduce the oil my skin produced. Maybe you want to give it a try?

Is it capsules or what?

Look into B5 or a B-complex. I just started the regimen and i have already noticed a decrease in my oily tzone that i had.

Um is there any site I can order them from? would appreciate a guide of how to use and amount to use and if it's really what I should use, kind of scary taking pills without being on any prescription.

Um is there any site I can order them from? would appreciate a guide of how to use and amount to use and if it's really what I should use, kind of scary taking pills without being on any prescription.

You dont need a prescription for taking vitamins ;) B5 is water soluble and perfectly safe, that is why you can do the megadose in taking 10g a day (20 pills). Of course there are still some side effects that you can have like hair loss but can be prevented by also taking a b-100 complex.

Click on my log in my signature and i posted the links from which i bought from. I would suggest in reading these two links about B5 before jumping in and buying something you dont have any idea about.

http://www.acne.org/acne-vitamin-b5.html

This is very long but very imformative and i read thru it before i bought my b5:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Vitamin-B...ion-t15341.html

There are so many comments about it, some say it's bad some say it's not safe, some say it works, I'm very confused about what to do. :/

There are so many comments about it, some say it's bad some say it's not safe, some say it works, I'm very confused about what to do. :/

That is with any acne treatment you try to find or read about. It is not for everyone but the only way to find out is to try it. Look at accutane and how many people say its bad and all the bad side effects, yet there are thousands of others saying its good and it actually cured them. You wont know till you try, and you will never know;)

Did it help with your oily skin and acne?

And um, other than vitamin b5 and vitamin complex, is there anything else I should be taking? anything I should know? anything I should change?

What realy works for me is applying jojoba oil before going to bed.

Do you exfoliate? I've found the best method is the aspiring mask, after having it on for 15 minutes apply a bit of water then rub the aspiring against the face slightly. this has really helped me with blackheads, and i Barely get regular acne anymore and if I do it dissapears in 1-2 days (right now I have 0 actives).

I've found out that when I don't exfoliate for 1-2 weeks is when my skin gets worse.

I dont wash my face with anything other than water.

Currently I'm on Differin, and Duac for spot treatment.

Only thing I don't do is exfoliating cause I don't know what to use to exfoliate, as I said,

I wash my face with Nivea Men Purifying Face Wash [Control Oil] , Nivea Visage Purifying Toner, and Nivea Men Moisturiser Oil Control

Only thing I don't do is exfoliating cause I don't know what to use to exfoliate, as I said,

I wash my face with Nivea Men Purifying Face Wash [Control Oil] , Nivea Visage Purifying Toner, and Nivea Men Moisturiser Oil Control

What really has improved my skin is when i stopped washing with all the cleansers and toners. I now just wash at night after shaving with splashes of mild water only in shower. Only thing i use on my face is H&S shampoo on my cheeks near nose and forehead to prevent my seborrheic dermatitis from coming back. I lather it up and quickly wash it for about 10-15secs. After i shower i use cetaphil moisturizer. Also i do not take hot steamy showers anymore since that makes your skin dry out even more. My skin would be really dry and flaky after shower then oily throughout the day causing more breakouts from the dead skin cells on top of my oily skin.

Right now my skin after i get out of the shower is hardly flaky at all and getting better everytime. I am still getting a few breakouts here and there but nothing compared to what i was getting before. Right now i am taking 3g of B5 with a B-100 complex a day. I also use emu oil on healing acne as well which does a good job and getting rid of the redness.

I started out taking 1g for a week and then increasing by 1g each week. You do not have to do that but i just did to be extra safe. Some people start taking 5g a day for a week then jumping to the megadose of 10g a day. Some say you will not see complete results till 10g others say all they needed to take was 2-5g. Thats another reason i started of slowly, so body could adjust and i could better see the changes my body was making. Yes right now i would say i cut my oil production close to 50%.

I use benzaclin as a last resort spot treatment if the little bugger is being stubborn. Right now i have one spot treated on a small one on my lower left cheek near top lip. The other i am using emu oil on because its already going down and its one on my chin. Only small actives i have going on right now, oh and still one healing on my bottom lip that is pinkish now. So again im still a far ways away from being 100% clear but i am only on week 3 with my regimen. Everyone is different and chooses different methods of going about it, you just have to experiment yourself and see what works best for you. You know your body more than anyone else so make your best judgement;) Good luck!

Edited by JayQ

What I'm looking for is to heal the acne and make it stop and also stop the oil, because I'm pretty sure that's 100% what causes my face to look bad.

I'm afraid to stop using cleansers and toners because it feels like my face has grown used to always using facewashes. :/ and when I wash with just water my face feels very oily and not clean.

Accutane inhibited my oil glands, had me clear for a while. Now I take 3 showers a day:8am, 4pm, 10pm. It keeps the oil off and the acne away. I only rinse with water though, no soaps or cleansers

I have also dealt with super oily skin all my life. Sadly, as others dealing with this situation will tell you, there is next to nothing that really works in controlling it. Accutane is the one exception, but prescriptions are hard to get and the oil will eventually come back. Some people have luck with B5, but in my case, the jury is still out on exactly how helpful it is.

I'm sorry that this is not what you wanted to hear, but I'm just being truthful.

Hey todach!

I think u should try to take these suggestions first!! There's nothing to lose anyway!

It may work for u! Who knows?

I can only speak for myself but I think avene acne line is pretty good like clearance k!and rmb to moisturize at night, like fruit of the earth aloe Vera gel is pretty good and it's cheap either;)

I'm no expert but u should try things first before u give up! There's always hope out there;)

best wishes!

And use mild cleanser like purpose cleanser or clinique mild formula cleanser ! My derm said when u feel ur face is so clean after cleansing u already overclean ur face so don't do it coz my oil will come back if all the oil is gone! I know u may feel uncorfortable at first and try to get used to it and believe it will do ur own good ;)