Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocket baby doll

milk of magnesia and mineral make up

I have heard alot about using milk of magnesia to combat oiliness but I hade a question

can you use it even if you use mineral make up or no?

when used as a primer =)

Edited by rocket baby doll

I have heard alot about using milk of magnesia to combat oiliness but I hade a question

when used as a primer =)

I used it the other day and found my skin to be a lot less oily throughout the day, the trick is to use an extremely thin layer and allow it to dry to 5 minutes before applying minerals..

I read somewhere that the PH levels in MOM can cause irritation for the skin, and also that excessive oiliness is the skins way of combatting dryness, so if you are drying up your skin with MOM, be prepared for the body to send more oiliness there because it thinks you have dry skin.. IDK if these are facts, read it online because I had similar concern

The Beauty Bible recommends it though, but she isn't a DR. WHen I go to the derm I will ask her about MOM .. I am on BP and retin-A so my skin is dry, but gets oily throughout the day so weird! I am no longer using MOM as a primer because I want to limit the number of Products I use on it, as I am a skin care JUNKIE, and love love love natural remedies like Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, MOM, Hydrogen Peroxide, Vitamins.. etc.

Hope this helps! :razz:

I use milk of magnesia as a spot treatment and also a mask. I have been using it for a couple months now and love it! I used philosophy clear a day primer and broke out hard core this weekend like 5 big spots. I have applied milk of magnesia twice once last night as a mask and once this morning as a spot treatment before heading off to work and already I see a HUGE improvement. I haven't had a breakout in months but was happy to see that MOM has done the job again and saved the day. I expect that by Wednesday I will be clear again!

when used as a primer =)

I used it the other day and found my skin to be a lot less oily throughout the day, the trick is to use an extremely thin layer and allow it to dry to 5 minutes before applying minerals..

I read somewhere that the PH levels in MOM can cause irritation for the skin, and also that excessive oiliness is the skins way of combatting dryness, so if you are drying up your skin with MOM, be prepared for the body to send more oiliness there because it thinks you have dry skin.. IDK if these are facts, read it online because I had similar concern

The Beauty Bible recommends it though, but she isn't a DR. WHen I go to the derm I will ask her about MOM .. I am on BP and retin-A so my skin is dry, but gets oily throughout the day so weird! I am no longer using MOM as a primer because I want to limit the number of Products I use on it, as I am a skin care JUNKIE, and love love love natural remedies like Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, MOM, Hydrogen Peroxide, Vitamins.. etc.

Hope this helps! :razz:

Thanks for the info :dance:

I use milk of magnesia as a spot treatment and also a mask. I have been using it for a couple months now and love it! I used philosophy clear a day primer and broke out hard core this weekend like 5 big spots. I have applied milk of magnesia twice once last night as a mask and once this morning as a spot treatment before heading off to work and already I see a HUGE improvement. I haven't had a breakout in months but was happy to see that MOM has done the job again and saved the day. I expect that by Wednesday I will be clear again!

Hmm... I think I might try.