Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dont Watch Me

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Because life is a game in which the rules favor cheaters. But if you're being a good person with expectations of being compensated for your actions, well you're not really a good person then.

Our experiences mold us. To say that you would have been "good" in an alternate universe without acne is arrogant. Acne has humbled us, that's all. And yeah, being good with the expectation of reward isn't good at all.

Edited by IdioSyncrasy
Sometimes seems like that, but bad things happen to bad people too. Take a look at all the prisons.

Not the best example. People who made a bad decision(s)? Yes. Bad People? Not always. I wouldn't necessarily call a weed dealer a bad person. A murder or rapist I probably would.

Anyway, bad things happen to everyone. Nobody lives a perfect life. Those who persevere through the bad times are the ones that end up happier and more successful lives. I think being nice to people can only help in the long run.

When people have to cope with difficult situations in their lives, they sometimes reassure themselves by saying that everything happens for a reason. For some people, thinking this way makes it easier to deal with their problems. And can be distressing to think that bad things happen merely through chance or accident. But they do. The fact that we are even here is due to a chain of random events that occurred throughout history. For example; If that comet hadn't hit earth and wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, then mammals wouldn't have taken over the planet and it would have prevented humans from evolving in the first place. no mammals > no primates > no primates > no people

Unless you are a die hard believer. Then i guess its just "Gods will".

Either way, we still have acne and theres no point in questioning why. the question is HOW do we get rid of it?

Sometimes seems like that, but bad things happen to bad people too. Take a look at all the prisons.

Hah. Please. The justice system is incredibly corrupt. Most people in prison are products of a fucked up society, not "bad people". Bad people are the people that run this country. Bad people are the many people out there who have everything handed to them, and judge less fortunate people with problems like acne. THOSE are bad people.

Hah. Please. The justice system is incredibly corrupt. Most people in prison are products of a fucked up society, not "bad people". Bad people are the people that run this country. Bad people are the many people out there who have everything handed to them, and judge less fortunate people with problems like acne. THOSE are bad people.

Don't abuse the science of Sociology. Yes, society is a b*tch and life can suck, and it may play a role in these kind of things. but in the end, people still have choice when they run off to go murder, rape, kidnap, plunder, abuse, and destroy.

awwww. bad things do happen 2 good ppl i agree...but take it as a challenge... things wil b better..n these things wil make u grow as a person n make u value d small things in life:)

When things don't come our way. Certain circumstances don't choose whether you're good or bad. It happens. Bad people (as however we call them) may have all the good things in life but believe me everything is not permanent. Life isn't perfect.

Edited by HotAsian09
There is no bad and no good. There just is.

Think about it.

Who created these labels?

I always think like this, who are we to decide whats good and whats bad?

Think about it.

Haha we are no one! No one is anyone to decide. That's the funny part. If you understand and believe that, life becomes so much simpler.

Think about it.

Haha we are no one! No one is anyone to decide. That's the funny part. If you understand and believe that, life becomes so much simpler.

yeah i believe even tho acne is a pain in the ass...it has changed me personality for the better...never will i make fun of somones appearance because now i know how much it hurts...and it has also made me more humble and accepting of people

yeah i believe even tho acne is a pain in the ass...it has changed me personality for the better...never will i make fun of somones appearance because now i know how much it hurts...and it has also made me more humble and accepting of people

bad and good are ideals created by the human mind, there is no real reason for anything. we only exist because of an incredibly improbable arrangement of matter. although how did matter first attain consciousness...hmmmm

sorry for the philosophical tangent.

The good people gather from their experience in the end, which in turn gives them more life lessons, expanded experience in life, and wisdom for miles.

That's my take, anyways. :shrug:

Our experiences mold us. To say that you would have been "good" in an alternate universe without acne is arrogant. Acne has humbled us, that's all. And yeah, being good with the expectation of reward isn't good at all.

i think this is utter bullshit.

humble? really?

all it's done is made me feel like shit about myself, made me EXTREMELY depressed, made my boyfriend irritated at me all the time, made my life a million times worse than it needs to be, made me jealous, made me insecure, made me really truly hate myself and hate how i look.

this is 'humbling' me?

no. this isn't humbling anything.

this is destroying me.

just like it's destroying others.

the main poster didn't even say anything remotely about "expecting to be compensated" for being a good person.

what he/she WASN'T expecting was for something awful and life changing (negatively) like acne to happen to them, even though they may have been a genuinely good person.

please don't throw your humble mumbo jumbo around. that's such an awful excuse for acne.

that being said, bad things happen to everyone, good and bad.

the reason you notice it happen to 'good' people more, is because you're biased.

not being mean, just sayin'.

if someone has been rude to you and they seem to have it all, you notice that because something not good is happening to you.

what if tomorrow their grandmother dies?

you just never know.

it's fine to be bothered by bad shit happening to you, and wonder why it is, but it's not so one sided.

i think this is utter bullshit.

humble? really?

all it's done is made me feel like shit about myself, made me EXTREMELY depressed, made my boyfriend irritated at me all the time, made my life a million times worse than it needs to be, made me jealous, made me insecure, made me really truly hate myself and hate how i look.

this is 'humbling' me?

no. this isn't humbling anything.

this is destroying me.

just like it's destroying others.

the main poster didn't even say anything remotely about "expecting to be compensated" for being a good person.

what he/she WASN'T expecting was for something awful and life changing (negatively) like acne to happen to them, even though they may have been a genuinely good person.

please don't throw your humble mumbo jumbo around. that's such an awful excuse for acne.

that being said, bad things happen to everyone, good and bad.

the reason you notice it happen to 'good' people more, is because you're biased.

not being mean, just sayin'.

if someone has been rude to you and they seem to have it all, you notice that because something not good is happening to you.

what if tomorrow their grandmother dies?

you just never know.

it's fine to be bothered by bad shit happening to you, and wonder why it is, but it's not so one sided.

WELL SAID!LOL