Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PinoyKid

Neutrogena On-The-Spot

I've been watching the videos but I'm using different products.

The cleanser I use is Cetaphil Gentle Face Cleanser

For the Benzoyl Peroxide I've been using Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment , it is 2.5% BP

Followed by using a Cetaphil Facial Daily Moisturizer (Non-Comedogenic).

I guess my acne has been clearing a little bit but my skin is flaky, tight, and dry.

I've been on the regimen for a week now.

Any advice on what I may be doing wrong or what I can do to help?

I've moved this to the Acne.org Regimen board.

At a week in, it's pretty common for your skin to be dry, flaky, and feel a little tight. Go ahead and use more moisturizer if you need to. Also, if you can get some jojoba oil, that can help with the dryness.

And, just to make sure you're on the right track, how much BP have you been using?

hey how do you use cetaphil?coz i am using cetaphil oily skin cleanser and how i use it is like this:

i just apply it to my skin without water coz this is what my cousins do then i massage it and leave it in the skin for about a minute then i rinse it off with water,,is this product okay to the regimen?coz im planning on accompanying it with neutrogena on the spot and olay,,advice please :wall:

Edited by 19drei19

For the amount of BP, i've been using about a whole squeeze, covering approximately the tip of my index finger, probably a little more then pea size

For cetaphil, I have gentle skin cleanser, I watched the regimen video so what I do is get 1 pump of cleanser on my hand and spread it around my face for about 10 seconds after I rinse it. Then I wash it off, apply BP, wait about 30 minutes, followed by the moisturizer which is about one pump.

Edited by PinoyKid

For the amount of BP, i've been using about a whole squeeze, covering approximately the tip of my index finger, probably a little more then pea size

For cetaphil, I have gentle skin cleanser, I watched the regimen video so what I do is get 1 pump of cleanser on my hand and spread it around my face for about 10 seconds after I rinse it. Then I wash it off, apply BP, wait about 30 minutes, followed by the moisturizer which is about one pump.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. Are you waiting five to ten minutes after washing to apply your BP?

Ahh, no i haven't. Right after washing I just pat my face dry and I immediately apply the BP.

Ah, yeah, wait a bit after washing before applying the BP.

You might want to print this checklist out and bring it into the bathroom with you. ; )

Do you wash with water first then apply cetaphil?or use cetaphil right away?

For cleansing, no matter what kind of cleanser you use (any of the Cetaphils, Dan's, Purpose, etc.), the process should be basically the same:

1) lightly splash face with water (neither steaming hot nor ice cold, just choose a temperature you find comfortable)

2) lather up cleanser in palm of your hand to get some suds

3) gently apply the cleanser to your wet face

4) splash face with water to remove all the lather from the cleanser

5) gently pat face dry with a towel