Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amyelizabeth94

Rose Hip Oil, Jojoba Oil, Bio Oil

Hey all, my acne is continuing to fade and I'd like to add essential oils into my regimen to keep my skin hydrated while I do lactic acid peels. The oils I'm considering are rose hip oil, jojoba oil, and bio oil. I've read mixed results about each of these and here's what I'm most concerned about:

Which is least likely to cause breakouts?

Which fades red marks fastest?

Which is most hydrating?

Thanks!

Hi, I tried Neal's Yard Remedies' rose facial oil, and if you don't have a problem with a bit of a strong rose scent I would recommend it in response to you query. It was absolutely lovely, except the scent was just a bit too strong for me personally.

Hey all, my acne is continuing to fade and I'd like to add essential oils into my regimen to keep my skin hydrated while I do lactic acid peels. The oils I'm considering are rose hip oil, jojoba oil, and bio oil. I've read mixed results about each of these and here's what I'm most concerned about:

Which is most hydrating?

Thanks!

Bio Oil clogs pores. I've read that Rose Hip Oil is not good for oily, acne-prone skin types, because it can clog pores. Jojoba Oil is your best bet out of the oils you mentioned. I would also look into 100% Pure Emu Oil, preferably from platinumskincare - or Camellia Oil from goldportbeauty.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Which is most hydrating?

Thanks!

Bio Oil clogs pores. I've read that Rose Hip Oil is not good for oily, acne-prone skin types, because it can clog pores. Jojoba Oil is your best bet out of the oils you mentioned. I would also look into 100% Pure Emu Oil, preferably from platinumskincare - or Camellia Oil from goldportbeauty.

I have looked at some of your pictures and read your history, your acne story is very similar to mine. Recently I have started doing the Oil Cleansing Method- 50% castor oil and 50% jojoba oil or olive oil, rubbing it into my skin and applying steam with a washcloth and hot water. I also use jojoba oil overnight, rub it into the skin and leave on. I have to say that I think these oils are greatly improving my skin. Another option that i use sometimes is to rub lemon juice all over my scars, leave on for ten minutes, and then rinse. This reduces the redness of scars and helps dry out current pimples. My current breakouts are caused by diet, I can trace them directly to things I eat. I would also reccomend blue and red ANSR light therapy- this kills bacteria, and takes the red out. I can see significant improvement in my red marks when I do this.

I am sorry you are going through this- I can definetly relate!!

I've just started using Jojoba oil and I have to say it's the best moisturiser I've used since being on the Regimen. Because I use Panoxyl, my skin is super dry and flaky but after just a couple of uses of Jojoba oil I've found the flakiness has decreased significantly, definitely recommend it!

I apply it on its own after every BP treatment. I gently massage it in and leave it on :)

I'm not sure if it's decreasing my red marks or not, but as I said I have only just started using it so will have to wait and see :)