Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Hey,

I have two redmarks on my cheeks (well not so much red as pink/purple i.e post inflammatory hyperpigmentation). They were caused by laser... do they sometimes not fade away completely? It's not natural for skin to stay this colour, right??

Posted

Some times the skin can be so damaged/depressed that it can stay, there are many people who are left with perm marks from big impacts. It isnt natual and a laser isnt natural either. If it made the mark it must have done major damage and it can be perm.

Posted

Hello hello,

I have Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation spots on my cheeks (caused by laser... but still... same thing). My question is: does all PIH eventually fade? (Even if it seems to be taking more than a few years). I mean are their cases of it sometimes not fading and leaving this weird coloured mark forever? If so, that seems pretty unnatural state for your skin to stay in...

Please help :doh:

Posted

I've had my red marks for 3 years. Only slightly faded.

Posted

Yeah I've had mine for about a year and a half... I would just like to know if skin always recovers from it you know... it would allow me to sleep a lil better at night lol

Posted

I hope so.

Posted

Well I wouldn't say it was "big impact". it was routine procedure, took like 3-5 seconds of laser each spot and was left with no pain. The brown pigment formed a scab and then fell off eventually and i was left with this pink skin under... which later on (months) turned purply to red to sometimes all three and now is more pink again. I don't know... I mean the brown pigment looks gone and I really don't think the laser could have done that much damage... am i screwed?

Posted

Me too... it doesn't help that derms seem to really not give a shit either lol

Posted

what kind of laser was it? and how are you sure it was caused by laser and not the actual pimples? did the red mark come where there was no pimple?

Posted

i felt exactly the same way!! my marks have been there for around 2 years :( depressing! so i went back to the doctors and hes given me some antibiotics (lymecycline or known as tetralysal 300) and duac gel... ive been on it around a week and to my suprise they are fading already! mine were purple/red angry little buggers! go to the docs maybe he can help... good luck!!

Posted

The laser was IPL I think? It was what he always used when people want to get rid of brown marks... The brown is gone but now I have the red colour under. Hey cassuk mine are the same thing... they range from like pink to red to purple... and I've had them for a year and a half... it's ridiculous... that stuff you got do you apply it to your spots or is it just something you eat and it magically works lol? Cause I'm interested... sounds like we have the same thing... I can't believe you said it already started fading!!

Posted

I should also ask......................... is lymecycline or tetralysal used to treat red marks i.e post inflammatory hyperpigmentation or is it solely for acne?

Posted (edited)

I am using Anew Clinical facial peel from avon my mum gave it to me to see if the marks would go and they are fading slowly.

Edited by Az112

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure red marks from acne ALWAYS fade eventually. I've seen a lot of adults in my life with major acne scarring but never anything like red marks. A person's skin can certainly obtain different kinds of marks in different ways during a lifetime (people get scars, wrinkles, discoloration, etc. for many different reasons -- remember that you're an animal), but I seriously doubt red marks from acne can be permanent. I'm no expert though.

Keep in mind that BP tends to delay the fading A LOT. Don't let that make you think your marks are permanent. It takes time.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dirtbomb

Posted

Welllllllll actually lolol ... red marks used to be brown birthmarks on face which i had removed via laser...... same thing though derm said it was post inflammatory hyperpigmentation....even more than 1 year later........... just hope it fades more... ye dig?

Posted

I still have red marks from last summer. They fade slowly. As long as I'm not getting new ones (I'm on the Regimen) I don't really care as I know they'll go away eventually and I'll actually LOOK as clear as I am.

Posted

Are you 100% sure that all red marks fade?

Posted (edited)

Yes, I believe so. When people say they have had theirs for years, they probably gotten new red marks to replace the healing ones. The old pih's they had were never given a chance to heal, making it seem like theirs haven't faded one bit. In most cases, red marks from acne do fade with time. I read from a beauty magazine that some PIH's may mark up the area for 2 years before fading. It really depends on the lesion that caused it.

Edited by Anta

Posted

james, like I tried to make clear I'm not an expert, however I am pretty sure they always fade. I can't be 100% sure of something like that because I am not a doctor or a god.

Please visit the following links:

http://www.acne.org/spots-from-acne.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#redmarks

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FAQ-Post-...y-H-t35143.html

I do know they fade, I just can't say I'm 100%. I basically know I'll be alive tomorrow morning, but I still can't be 100%. I think you should just assume they fade because after being on the Regimen for more than a year and reading about these kinds of things, I have never heard of red marks that don't fade. Even if it takes 2 years, they eventually go away for good. They are not scars.

Posted

And another question about fading? Say for example you have a PIH spot like 1 cm in diameter, when it fades does in shrink in size to or stay the same size but just get lighter?

Posted

It's over for me... game over...

Posted

wtf!! I dont even think this thing is a cyst, its just a smooth filmish type thing over my skin, but theres no pain inside it.. its like a small red bubble.. do I still need to remove the, (umm fluid), from it cause it seems like theres something in it, before it heals, this is ridiculous!!

Posted
james, like I tried to make clear I'm not an expert, however I am pretty sure they always fade. I can't be 100% sure of something like that because I am not a doctor or a god.

Please visit the following links:

http://www.acne.org/spots-from-acne.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#redmarks

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FAQ-Post-...y-H-t35143.html

I do know they fade, I just can't say I'm 100%. I basically know I'll be alive tomorrow morning, but I still can't be 100%. I think you should just assume they fade because after being on the Regimen for more than a year and reading about these kinds of things, I have never heard of red marks that don't fade. Even if it takes 2 years, they eventually go away for good. They are not scars.

thanks, that helped

Posted

You have to take a few things into consideration.

1. The severity of your marks

2. How strong your immune system is

3. How sensitive your skin is to free radicals.

Everybodies different.

Some people have severe red marks that return back to normal within 6 months, where as other people have only slight red marks that could take over 2 years to fade.

My advice would be to build up your immune system using vitamins, a healthy diet and by exercising in moderation.

Don't slap loads of moisturizers and creams on your face. Although they may give you a quick fix, they won't help you in the long term.

For now, you just need to accept that these red marks are a part of you, and they may be there to stay for quite some time.

Don't get down about something that you can't fix over night.