Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When is my skin going to start flaking? I have been using it RELIGIOUSLY (2-3 times a day on my whole face) for the past four days, and I have not started flaking. I am using it to ATTEMPT to reduce my ridiculous hyperpigmentation, but with no avail. Help?

Edit: On a positive note, my skin feels a bit smoother :)

Edited by Genius/GZA

Ideally you will not notice the flaking. People often use the AHA to get rid of flaking. :)

Have patience with it, it isn't an overnight miracle. The fact that your skin feels smoother proves that it is working to exfoliate your skin.

Thank you for the fast response! And hmm I see, it must be working slowly, but surely. I think my skin might be used to 15%-20% AHA solutions (MaMa and NuCelle) though I haven't used those prodts in over a year. Do you know if Dan will be creating a higher solution AHA+ anytime soon?

At this time he doesn't have any plans to make a stronger AHA lotion. The 10% is strong enough to provide benefits without causing undue irritation.

Using the AHA two or three times a day is a bit much. It is possible to overdo it. You might want to cut back to using it two or three times a week, or, at the very most, once a day.

And be sure to use sunscreen any time you'll be exposed to sunlight for at least a week following any AHA use. ; )

Be thankful you AREN'T having to deal with dry and flakey skin. It sucks big time! I just started using AHA several days ago and it is helping soooo much. My skin was really dry and flakey around my chin and mouth area especially, but it is almost completely moisturized now. But yeah, uh 2-3 times per day seems VERY excessive. If you keep it up, in the long run you'll probably end up doing more damage than good for your skin. I agree with c'est la vigne, use AHA once a day at the most. I use it at night after I cleanse and apply BP. Once my skin is better and no longer flakey and dry, I'll probably cut it back and only use it a few times a week.

Well I used to use the 15% NuCelle and 20% MaMa solutions at least once a day, for about 3 months each, (each product was at a different time of course) and I never had any negative effects or damage from those. I just had to stop using them because the prices were going way up, and I didn't realize what the flakiness was from, but my skin looked the best then!