Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
midnightlove

How did your skin look halfway through accutane ?

My active acne is still drying up, although I have significantly less of it than I did before treatment. My skin tone is uneven and I have some marks and shallow scars appearing. I've had a few very stubborn pimples that refuse to go away...So tell me, how was YOUR skin halfway through treatment?

Halfway through, I was still getting clogged comedones. My skin was very fragile and photosensitive as well so any kind of friction turned into hyperpigmentation and sunshine burned like a mishap in the kitchen with hot olive oil. Other than that, I was as dry as a bone and had the infamous red 'tane face.

Halfway through, my skin was 90% clear, but it was really red especially in the sun or in particular lighting such as white lights. I had a couple of blemishes but I rarely broke out during my 2nd-10th months of Accutane.

I'm about 40% done with treatment, we can call it halfway.

Face is flawless. Didn't break out badly beforehand, but now it is perfect. Face gets pretty red when I workout, but otherwise the red face thing isn't bad.

Chest has stopped breakin out, but there are still red marks that haven't faded. I'd say by the end of the accutane course they should be clear.

Back is making improvement but still has a ways to go. It is the only area of my body that still breaks out. Shoulders have ceased breaking out but middle back still does. It still remains to be seen if six months of accutane will make my back cease breaking out forever, but I'm optimistic. It'll be another six months to a year for the red marks to go away completely on my middle back I think, assuming my skin has no more breakouts (lol).

my skin was going through the worst breakout yet about halfway through. i'm pretty sure I had two IBs, one at the beginning and one when i got bumped up to 80mg/day. i just finished my course about a week ago and my skin is very clear!! don't give up :)

I am at the halfway point, or just past that. I seem to have stopped breaking out (for now anyway). My pores have dramatically reduced in size and for me my skin tone has evened out. Unfortunately I didn't do this until much later in my life than most people on this board so I have a lot of scarring from years and years of acne. BUT I am SO happy that I did this. Even scars don't look (or feel) as bad as active acne.

Halfway through, my skin was 90% clear, but it was really red especially in the sun or in particular lighting such as white lights. I had a couple of blemishes but I rarely broke out during my 2nd-10th months of Accutane.

Hey. Im just curious as to why you were accutane for 10 months. Was your dosage low?

Im thinking i will have to be on accutane for a longer period because I started out on such a low dose. It was just 20mg. And im 175lbs.

Halfway through, my skin looked AWFUL. I mean seriously, seriously awful. I got my second initial breakout when I was upped to 80, was on my second month of PredniSONE and Septra and I had sooo many whiteheads, black heads and cysts and an uncountable number of redmarks. It was very aggrivating. Accutane pulled through though. Everyone is different.

Halfway through (2/4 months) my skin looks a little better. All my blackheads are gone but I'm still getting pimples. I'm hopeful though that by the end of the third month I won't be breaking out anymore and It'll just be a matter of the scars subsiding.