Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarkP9114

Angular Cheilitis (Mouth Corner Cracks) :(

I woke up this morning and couldn't even open my mouth to breathe. Ran to the bathrrom and looked at my mouth and saw the dreaded corner cracks on my mouth. I have 2 days left of accutane so I don't know why it happened now! :( it hurts soo bad I can't even talk or eat. Did anyone else get this while on accutane? How did you treat it? I have an interview tomorrow and I have a feeling it's not going to go well if I can't speak.. :cry:

I'm on my second month of accutane and I had the exact same thing about two weeks ago. I feel your pain, I tried to open my mouth to eat a burger but the pain from the cracks deemed it impossible. In about a week and a half or so, it went away on it's own. I applied vasaline to it at night after gently scrubbing the cracks with a warm wash cloth. I would literally coat the vasaline on, ESPECIALLY on the cracked corners. And throughout the day when you apply chapstick, apply it to the corners of the mouth too. Hope it goes away quickly , I'm sorry that you have it before your interview, but you should be okay(:

Oh yea. It sucks, but is fairly common. Lots of goop in the corners and water intake helps.

ughh thanks guys. ya well everyone was staring at me because i caked on my vaseline and chapstick so my lips were super shiny. I also had to have lunch with some people and I couldn't open my mouth to eat! It sucks soo bad. It's hard to drink a lot of water because I have to keep reapplying my vaseline and chapstick everytime I take a drink. I hope it goes away soon :( i've been reading bad stories on the internet where people say it lasts for months or years..ahh i hope thats not the case

ughh thanks guys. ya well everyone was staring at me because i caked on my vaseline and chapstick so my lips were super shiny. I also had to have lunch with some people and I couldn't open my mouth to eat! It sucks soo bad. It's hard to drink a lot of water because I have to keep reapplying my vaseline and chapstick everytime I take a drink. I hope it goes away soon :( i've been reading bad stories on the internet where people say it lasts for months or years..ahh i hope thats not the case

Oh yes angular cheilitis is definately irritating, in some cases it just goes on and on and on,

you need to deal with it as just hoping it goes away wont work and doctor scripts are useless for it.

It's basically a fungal infection now theres many of those overnight cure sites out thete that sell a treatement for this, they do work as it was how I got rid of mine when I had it, is the cheapest of the bunch, they all sell the same remdy just have different prices lol. anyways good luck to you and dont worry its not that scary of a condition,

Oh yes angular cheilitis is definately irritating, in some cases it just goes on and on and on,

you need to deal with it as just hoping it goes away wont work and doctor scripts are useless for it.

It's basically a fungal infection now theres many of those overnight cure sites out thete that sell a treatement for this, they do work as it was how I got rid of mine when I had it, cheilitistreatment.com is the cheapest of the bunch, they all sell the same remdy just have different prices lol. anyways good luck to you and dont worry its not that scary of a condition,