Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miffy18

Estee Lauder Double Matte Makeup

Hi Everyone

I've seen from many reviews on makeupalley that "Estee Lauder Double MATTE" is supposed to be really good for acne-prone skin and that the coverage is great as well.

Has anyone else tried it on here?

Hi, I haven't tried this makeup but I've seen a few posts about it around here so you might want to search it. You might also find some reviews about it in the review section of the site

I have been using EL DW for the past couple of months now and I LOVE it. I have used almost every type of foundation (powder & Liquid) and this is the best one I have used and it hasn't made me break out. I has excellent coverage and keeps my oily skin fairly matte throughout the day. The only thing I don't like is the color selection isn't the best so I have to mix 2 shades together to get a good match on my skin. You can go to the EL counter and get matched and they will give you a sample that you can try. I would highly recommend you apply it using a good foundation brush (don't use a sponge, it just absorbs your foundation and you waste more). You don't need powder to set it but I normally do for a more matte look (MAC studio fix powder). I would really give it a try! :)

Edited by mandrinyellow

I really like the double matte foundation...I got it in "Warm Bisque"...it is perfect for (gold undertone) it has no pink in it whatsoever so it actually looks like skin!....only problem (for me) is that it is slightly too light (I'm NC 28 in mac)....however with a little bronzer and blush it looks magnifique! I really do think it is a good makeup for acne-prone people because it feels light. Im astonished with how much coverage there is as well!

Oh BIG TIP:

USE THE STIPLING method (and DONT SWIRL)....buy a good STIPLING brush. That way you avoid streaks and you can control the amount of coverage you want.

I'm currently using the Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation...I love it! Great coverage, goes on easily, and it doesn't make me breakout at all! The only bad thing is that after a few minutes the color starts to get darker and orange-looking. I'm even using the lightest shade. It must be the benzoyl peroxide I put on before I apply the foundation?? But other than that, I love this foundation. Give it a try!!

I'm currently using the Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation...I love it! Great coverage, goes on easily, and it doesn't make me breakout at all! The only bad thing is that after a few minutes the color starts to get darker and orange-looking. I'm even using the lightest shade. It must be the benzoyl peroxide I put on before I apply the foundation?? But other than that, I love this foundation. Give it a try!!

it is most likely the bp you are putting under it...remember bp is also a bleaching agent so it might have changed the color of your foundation. I dont wear anything underneath...maybe just a little moisturizer...and my foundation stays the same color the whole time. hope that helps :)

Yeah the Estee Lauder Double Matte oxidized like crazy for me! The thing is, I am on the acne.org regimen, so I have to use benzoyl peroxide twice a day.

I tried Revlon Colorstay...it was ok, but definitely not as good as Estee Lauder! So a few weeks ago I tried Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup SPF 15 and wow that is an awesome makeup! Covers everything and doesn't oxidize! The only bad thing is that it isn't oil-free...there's like two ingredients that are oil. But I don't breakout from it though! I'm currently waiting for some mineral makeup samples I bought online. I want something lighter with fewer ingredients.

:)