Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i've been using Clean&Clear's oil-free dual action moisturizer for the last... 5-6 years?

But for a while now, i've been noticing that it feels like I didn't even apply lotion to my face, and my face feels so dry with this product.

I'm so afraid of trying new products, especially moisturizers, because i've had bad luck with pretty much, everything.

My acne is somewhat severe, mostly nodules and cysts.

Can anyone recommend a new moisturizer I should try, that would work with my type of acne?

also: My forehead & chin are very dry and flaky from all the products I use, but i'm afraid of applying moisturizer to those areas because they are already so oily.

any advice on what products i could apply to these areas to moisturize without overdoing it?

Edited by vielleicht

First of all, I like your name. Deutsch ftw ^_^

I've used the Clean & Clear Dual Action before, and I feel like it was both too drying and made me break out. I have pretty bad luck with topicals like BP and SA anyway.

As far as moisturizers go, there are three I'd recommend.

In no particular order..

1) Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renewal Day Cream: This is very light and has an amazing texture. It helps the skin renew itself and tightens pores. This stuff is raved about in the Cosmetics boards, and I really like it. The only problems are that it has no SPF, and comes in a jar. I hate jar packaging. If you can find a way to put this in a pump of some sort, that would be perfect.

2) Boots Complexion Refining Day Moisturizer: This is also very light and non-clogging. You can find at Target if you live in the US. It sits well on the skin and helps control oil. Also, this has SPF 12. :D

3) Boots Oil Free Moisturizer: I have NOT tried this, but would kill to get my hands on some. They don't sell every Boots product at every Target, and this is one my Target doesn't have. HOWEVER, I have read numerous amazing reviews on this. It's basically a gel moisturizer, so there's no comedogenic ingredients. You can look up some reviews and see what you think of it.

:)

Vielen Dank! :)

Well, i've been reading reviews on the clean&clear dual action moisturizer that i've used for so long, and many people seem to also have the problem of little red bumps on their face. I've had these for a while, but never gave much thought to it being my moisturizer. [i always thought it was keratosis pillaris, which i do have on my arms]

I'm going to Target later today, and I will go search for these boots products,

I'd never heard of them before.

Is the Garnier one oil-free then too?

So i've been using Clean&Clear's oil-free dual action moisturizer for the last... 5-6 years?

But for a while now, i've been noticing that it feels like I didn't even apply lotion to my face, and my face feels so dry with this product.

I'm so afraid of trying new products, especially moisturizers, because i've had bad luck with pretty much, everything.

Can anyone recommend a new moisturizer I should try, that would work with my type of acne?

also: My forehead & chin are very dry and flaky from all the products I use, but i'm afraid of applying moisturizer to those areas because they are already so oily.

any advice on what products i could apply to these areas to moisturize without overdoing it?

Hello! i have really sensitive & oily & sometimes dry and flakey skin & i love Complex 15.. its only made with 15 ingredients.. no perfumes or any of that stuff.. its great, light weight! you can even ware it under make up.. prob. the only moisturizer that actually doesn't make my face greasy! you can only find it @ CVS.. kinda hard to find & it's in a old school kinda box.

Also, Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Enriched Lotion is amazing! it's a lil' heavyer so i only use it at night.. & a lil greasy but it does the job! (it doesn't actually say its for your face but if i can use it im sure anyone can.. & Eucerin is a good brand derm. recommended & its gentle) i got it @ walmart.. im sure any Eucerin lotion would work well!

Good luck! :)

Hello! i have really sensitive & oily & sometimes dry and flakey skin & i love Complex 15.. its only made with 15 ingredients.. no perfumes or any of that stuff.. its great, light weight! you can even ware it under make up.. prob. the only moisturizer that actually doesn't make my face greasy! you can only find it @ CVS.. kinda hard to find & it's in a old school kinda box.

Also, Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Enriched Lotion is amazing! it's a lil' heavyer so i only use it at night.. & a lil greasy but it does the job! (it doesn't actually say its for your face but if i can use it im sure anyone can.. & Eucerin is a good brand derm. recommended & its gentle) i got it @ walmart.. im sure any Eucerin lotion would work well!

Complex 15.. yeah, just looked it up, the box isn't very eye catching like all the other brightly advertised acne products, so i've probably never seen it, haha

I'll be sure to check though next time i'm at CVS, thanks! :)

Complex 15.. yeah, just looked it up, the box isn't very eye catching like all the other brightly advertised acne products, so i've probably never seen it, haha

I'll be sure to check though next time i'm at CVS, thanks! :)

no problem! you'll like it :) it's great.. its Complex 15 Cream.. not Lotion sorry! idk if ive ever seen the Lotion?! .. yeah its old school looking lol.. it's on the bottom shelf @ my CVS.