Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMakeThemKitKatFries!

How do i treat cysts and nodules without scarring?

I freaking hate when i get these pimples. i always though a pimple was a pimple but now thati suffer with this problem i realize theres more to it. I noticed these type of pimples always leave a scar on m face. How the hell do i prevent that from happening. I dont squeeze it and it still leaves a pitted scar. It would help for future cases which in case i want to be ready for? any advise?

Ugh,

I get those more than any other, and they take forever to form a head, so I have a red painful spot for weeks at a time.

Whatever you do though, don't squeeze it!

I recently bought a product, by Mario Badescu called the Buffering Lotion.

It's rather pricey, but it's supposed to work with deep cystic pimples.

I was kinda skeptical at first, and with the high price and all,

but I put it on 2 big cysts I had on my forehead, [its been 4 days now] and it's so much smaller, and way less painful.

This would normally take weeks.

Ugh,

I get those more than any other, and they take forever to form a head, so I have a red painful spot for weeks at a time.

but I put it on 2 big cysts I had on my forehead, [its been 4 days now] and it's so much smaller, and way less painful.

Do they help the scarring that it leaves though. What i hate most about those pimples is that you know theyre coming little by little cause they start off very small and insignificant. Then before you know it they are like a boil. Please let me know if it will help the actual scar itself?

Ugh,

Do they help the scarring that it leaves though. What i hate most about those pimples is that you know theyre coming little by little cause they start off very small and insignificant. Then before you know it they are like a boil. Please let me know if it will help the actual scar itself?

Well, like many products it claims to help with all that, but we'll just have to see I guess... :/

I will let you know how these turn out in the end! :)

Ugh,

Well, like many products it claims to help with all that, but we'll just have to see I guess... :/

I will let you know how these turn out in the end! :)

I fight cysts with Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion too! It's a weird watery consistency, but you just kinda drip a few drops onto your spot, rub it in gently and leave it on overnight. It definitely helped reduce some of the monstrous zits I've fought!

vielleicht is right though. Just don't touch it. All my cysts leave red marks that take forever to go away, but for me that's unavoidable. Some cysts that I've gone to war with and tried to pop...have ALWAYS gotten worse and some have left actual scars in my skin. So just be patient, ice it, take some ibuprofen, and try the MB buffering lotion....there's nothing else you can really do :(

I fight cysts with Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion too! It's a weird watery consistency, but you just kinda drip a few drops onto your spot, rub it in gently and leave it on overnight. It definitely helped reduce some of the monstrous zits I've fought!

vielleicht is right though. Just don't touch it. All my cysts leave red marks that take forever to go away, but for me that's unavoidable. Some cysts that I've gone to war with and tried to pop...have ALWAYS gotten worse and some have left actual scars in my skin. So just be patient, ice it, take some ibuprofen, and try the MB buffering lotion....there's nothing else you can really do :(

Ooo, yeah, I just started the buffering lotion about 4 days ago, so idk yet about the scarring.

It didn't help with scarring at all once the cyst shrunk down? :/

The active ingredient in Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion is Allantoin, which is commonly used in anti-ageing cream because it supposedly aids cell regeneration and tissue formation.

I just found a traditional style shaving cream last week called 'ARKO' which has the same active ingredient, and it's amazing stuff. It's too soon to say if it's having any affect on red marks, but it leaves my skin feeling amazing after a shave, and it doesn't break me out. Dirt cheap, too.

I freaking hate when i get these pimples. i always though a pimple was a pimple but now thati suffer with this problem i realize theres more to it. I noticed these type of pimples always leave a scar on m face. How the hell do i prevent that from happening. I dont squeeze it and it still leaves a pitted scar. It would help for future cases which in case i want to be ready for? any advise?

you need to soothe them with moisturizer so they go away faster, a LOTION during nodule breakouts is your best friend.