Notifications
Clear all

accutane & extra fat around tummy

MemberMember
(@jennyjen2269)

Posted : 03/25/2010 11:22 pm

i've read a few posts about people on accutane accumulating extra fat around their midsection...not due to lack of exercise or eating poorly, but as a result of accutane.

my eating habbits are the same as before i began accutane and i exercise more often now, but i do have that little pudgy area of fat right on my belly. its like thats the only area that the fat won't go away lol. and i dont remember having that problem before accutane.

just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? and if so, did it go away after you stopped the accutane?

thanks for any input :)

MemberMember
(@jennyjen2269)

Posted : 03/26/2010 4:02 pm

no one?

:(

MemberMember
(@pimpstick)

Posted : 03/26/2010 4:37 pm

Not that I know of. I've been trying to cut weight for beach season and have only managed 6 pounds since February 1, but that has much more to do with my eating than anything else.

How honest are you being here with yourself? How much did you weight before you started taking the medicine compared to now? Are we talking about 1 pound of belly, 5 pounds, or 10 pounds?

Have you ever tried tracking your diet? I mean everything you put in your mouth for 2 or 3 weeks. It's darn near impossible to cut weight effectively if you don't know how much food you have to eat to maintain your weight. Unless you're into the whole starvation rebound diet thing.

Also how old are you? Age can play a role in metabolism.

MemberMember
(@jennyjen2269)

Posted : 03/27/2010 1:54 am

Not that I know of. I've been trying to cut weight for beach season and have only managed 6 pounds since February 1, but that has much more to do with my eating than anything else.

How honest are you being here with yourself? How much did you weight before you started taking the medicine compared to now? Are we talking about 1 pound of belly, 5 pounds, or 10 pounds?

Have you ever tried tracking your diet? I mean everything you put in your mouth for 2 or 3 weeks. It's darn near impossible to cut weight effectively if you don't know how much food you have to eat to maintain your weight. Unless you're into the whole starvation rebound diet thing.

Also how old are you? Age can play a role in metabolism.

thanks for the reply!

and before accutane i weighed 107...and i weight 107 now.

its not much belly fat at all, just alittle more noticable.

its nothing for me to wanna go on a super strict diet over or anything. i was just curious if anyone else experienced this. i remember reading a post on another forum about it.

i mean, if i suck in a bit you cant even tell really lol.

guess i just gotta exercise a bit more :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/27/2010 3:10 am

Im on day 24 and im experiencing the same thing as you jenny.

Im a pretty slim dude(i have trouble gaining weight) so any weight gain is actually something that grabs my attention easily. Its just a little bit of tummy fat no big deal (no pun intended) but I don't want it to get any bigger lol.

My training routing is the same, im still working out/running 3 times a week as well.

People can tell me its other factors other than accutane, whatever, but I know my body and this isn't the norm for me.

MemberMember
(@jennyjen2269)

Posted : 03/27/2010 2:16 pm

Im on day 24 and im experiencing the same thing as you jenny.

Im a pretty slim dude(i have trouble gaining weight) so any weight gain is actually something that grabs my attention easily. Its just a little bit of tummy fat no big deal (no pun intended) but I don't want it to get any bigger lol.

My training routing is the same, im still working out/running 3 times a week as well.

People can tell me its other factors other than accutane, whatever, but I know my body and this isn't the norm for me.

thanks so much for your input

and yeah it isnt a big deal for me either...i will be done with accutane in 2 weeks so im not too concerned about mine getting bigger, but i am concerned with if it will stay there post-accutane or will it go away with my regular exercise/diet

i guess time will tell!

MemberMember
(@moe48)

Posted : 04/13/2015 6:57 pm

Hello, I am experiencing the same belly fat issue that you were when you were on Accutane a few years back. I was just wondering if it did end up going away then after you got off and if so how long it took?

MemberMember
(@brotip1998)

Posted : 10/24/2015 4:41 pm

I am experiencing the same thing! After 2 months I noticed that I have a belly fat. Its weird that I exercise and in good shape except the belly part. I was wondering if it goes away after accutane.

MemberMember
(@mrjarjarbinks77)

Posted : 10/24/2015 10:36 pm

Hi Jenny

I don't recall getting fat but I had shedding. I have a receeded hair like Bradley Cooper despite not looking like him lol

Accutaneus real serious shit. It defeated acne but it aged me. It's been four years since my 80mg useage. I still shed a bit. I look older than I did before.

Since, I dont worry about acne. I approach girls. I can have a sex life. Dating and socializing with people can be fun. It just cost me everything for so long. I don't know what accutane did or if it took years off my life but that poison beat acne.

If you have cystic acne scars and you want to prevent a face of pock marks, what choice is there?

Msg me anytime

MemberMember
(@aphrodithe)

Posted : 07/02/2016 12:27 am

having this problem too! i have more fat in my belly :( but im very healthy and i exercise frequently. im 17 yrs old and i started accutane (10mg) 3 weeks ago
this only started when i went on accutane. any ways to get rid of this?