Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinker_toi

List of foods/other information that keeps me clear

Here are some foods I can eat without ever worrying about breaking out the day after.

I'm 16 years old, have tried every product on the market EXCEPT accutane, due to some underlying health problems I was not able to get it. I've had severe acne since I was 13. I've been clear 2 months sticking to this list.

Oatmeal- Made with water, mixed with cinnamon, oat bran, & flax meal

Apples

Celery- FRESH

Carrots

Broccoli

Onions

Spinach

Quinoa- Not cooked with salt, usually add 1 tsp of butter per cup

Yogurt- Usually 2 6oz cups a day. Each cup mixed with 1 tsp chia seeds

Baked chicken, skinless/boneless

Boiled eggs- One a day, Usually with lunch

MEALS-

Oatmeal w/ grated apples

Quinoa with steamed carrots, onions, and broccoli

Chicken wrapped in/ added to spinach. (no salad dressing)

I've also been taking these supplements daily:

50mg Zinc / a day

2 Fish oil / a day

I realize these are small meals, but I snack ALOT on celery & yogurt in between meals.

There isnt much else I can eat without breaking out. I drink 6-8 cups of water each day. 1 cup of green tea daily. NEVER drink anything but those two.

I havent found anything that really helps my scars yet. Time alone seems to be taking care of them, as of now.

Oh nooooo, I went to a party yesterday and ate 2 fudge brownies, a piece of cake and some bread. Broke out BAD today. Like nothing ive seen in a while. D:

Here are some foods I can eat without ever worrying about breaking out the day after.

I'm 16 years old, have tried every product on the market EXCEPT accutane, due to some underlying health problems I was not able to get it. I've had severe acne since I was 13. I've been clear 2 months sticking to this list.

Oatmeal- Made with water, mixed with cinnamon, oat bran, & flax meal

Apples

Celery- FRESH

Carrots

Broccoli

Onions

Spinach

Quinoa- Not cooked with salt, usually add 1 tsp of butter per cup

Yogurt- Usually 2 6oz cups a day. Each cup mixed with 1 tsp chia seeds

Baked chicken, skinless/boneless

Boiled eggs- One a day, Usually with lunch

MEALS-

Oatmeal w/ grated apples

Quinoa with steamed carrots, onions, and broccoli

Chicken wrapped in/ added to spinach. (no salad dressing)

I've also been taking these supplements daily:

50mg Zinc / a day

2 Fish oil / a day

I realize these are small meals, but I snack ALOT on celery & yogurt in between meals.

There isnt much else I can eat without breaking out. I drink 6-8 cups of water each day. 1 cup of green tea daily. NEVER drink anything but those two.

I havent found anything that really helps my scars yet. Time alone seems to be taking care of them, as of now.

Sounds like a great diet. I'm on a diet like that too, only I'm not taking any supplements.

Too bad about the fudge brownies and cake, but I totally understand lol Must have tasted good when you had it :D I love that stuff too but I just can't allow myself to have it, I'd find it hard to get back on the diet I'm on. Whenever I see baked goods like that I have to just leave the room-out of sight is out of mind lol

Good luck with the rest of your diet :)

Does the zinc really help? Isn't 50 mg over the recommended intake? Just curious since I have a relatively untouched bottle of zinc pills on my night stand, and am not sure about how much to take.

Does the zinc really help? Isn't 50 mg over the recommended intake? Just curious since I have a relatively untouched bottle of zinc pills on my night stand, and am not sure about how much to take.

Pharmacists and doctors actually recommend getting a max of 50mg of Zinc a day. But many people on this site take more than that. And people throughout the world that have certain types of diseases/disorders/sicknesses take more than that. Like my half sister has Down syndrome and has a deficiency in Zinc. I only take 50mg just in case, plus I get a little Zinc from other foods too anyway.

Zinc is an essential mineral that is a component of more than 300 enzymes needed to repair wounds, maintain fertility in adults and growth in children, synthesize protein, help cells reproduce, preserve vision, boost immunity, and protect against free radicals, among other functions.

Edited by Sapphire Lily