Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlimShady

Acne=The Worst Thing Which Can Happen To A Teenager...FACT

Acne is by far the worst thing that can happen to a teenager. Being a teenager is so fucked up to say the least, theres a lot of things which are just so hard. We have got to satisfy our ego(pulling large amouns of hot looking girls), and our friends and people we want to be our friends...Acne is just not helping that. I really cant get my mind around why it exists and occurs in people. Ok, its in the genes or its not, but why? Why is it in the genes? people cant conduct themselves properly if they are very self concious about themselves, mirrors are like monsters and everyone we see, we compare and contrast to see how their skin is, or maybe it could just be me. Before i give the wrong impression, i am completely clear. But i wasnt last year, at 17 when i first got it, it was so crazy. Im just thinking how unbelieveably sensitive i was about my skin. It wasnt even bad but its the presence of it being there which is so awkward. Like i just cant understand why its around? What purpose does it serve? and why does it last with some people all their lives, thats not a bit fair now is it? I JUST WANT TO TRY AND UNDERSTAND WHY! No1 deserves it, simply because when they have it, u have to be stronger in every sense to try and simply forget about it, but this just screws up the mind. Im still only 18 and my hormones are still the most fucked up one will ever come across, but why does acne exist? its not fair...and somthing else, a very good friend of mine, was completely clear and he was a complete ladys man, i mean he got the hottest girls out of all of us, but shit he has lost so much confidence since he got acne back and i just think its not fair. Acne is just terrible, some people dont even enjoy themselves obviously cos their so self concious. i think its such a pity that it exists and i wish WISH WISH WISH WISH scientists could do somthing to simply eliminate it, i mean stars are interesting and all but fuck what planet is circling around that star millions of light years away...get a cure for acne instead. I firmly believe its possible...acne is just not fair...PERIOD...acne completely detracts away from looks, its not fair for any teenager. And which also springs to mind, is there are more suicides among young males and females between the ages of 15-25...i well believe it...id love to know how many of those people had acne? cos somtimes some people feel like that...just for a split second or maybe for a long time...but everyone feels like that now and again...god acne is just horrible...may it die a very slow and painful death... :twisted:

Every single word you just typed... I relate too.

My Skin used to be very nice, but since acne everything went down hill.

My breaking out happened shortly after I came home from a holiday to Spain with my parents, I figured it must have been the difference in heat, and that my problem would soon go away, 2 years on it still exists, only saving grace is that my chest acne has cleared up greatly and only ever spots there once in a while.

Back last year my was acne terrible, I had sooo many spots on my cheeks, chest, neck and jawline, I couldnt face looking in the mirror, or my girfriend in the face. I hated going to pubs and often prayed that when I did, the lights would be off and no one would see my acne.

School was terrible too, One thing that sticks in my mind was I with an ex girlfriend and she opened my shirt and saw my acne on my chest, she looked scared to death, I looked at her face and I could tell she was digusted, that was like a knife through my heart.

Friends also used to make fun, not in a really nasty way, but any insult that you know is true hurts like hell.

You look at other people, clear skin not one blemish, they dont have to worry about having to go through at long routine every morning when they get up (which happens to be 5.30am for me) and also when they go to bed. they dont have to worry about touching their face, sweating too much, or sleeping face up in bed at night, They dont walk to the mirror in the morning praying that the nightmare is over.

My only saving grace is my Girlfriend. I think without her my life would be complete misery. She has very nice skin, and NOT ONCE has she ever said anything, or looked at me in a funny way because of my acne. back on our first date I couldnt even look at her, but she kept on at me to look at her. and when I did, I realised that the saying "Beauty is only skin deep" makes a hell of alot of sence.

I give you 7 points for scroing a touch down SlimShady! If i ever saw acne on the street I would kick his ass.

Guest fatman_uk

LOL, what a great thought, Mr. Acne walkin down the street. I'd do more than kick his ass tho. :D

Saves us all from goin thru a LOT of sh!t.... :twisted:

-Gaz

The only good thing I can think of related to having acne must be that one day this will make us so much stronger mentally than all of them who never had to worry about their appearance. Just think about it, acne has messed up our looks, our confidence and basically our whole lifes, but in the end we've HAD TO FACE IT. We have gone out in public worrying what people will think of us because of our skin. In my case, I often hate the idea of seeing other people, I even hate going to the grocery store sometimes. But the day that I will be completely clear again, my confidence will be even stronger than before, I will be a stronger person. Think of all the people with a perfect complexion today, someday many of them will experience something similar to acne and will not have experienced that feeling before. My point is: Our personality develops to the better when we get rid of this problem. How many of us will judge a person from his looks in the future? I promise you, one day we will benefit fram all this....but sure, right now i feel that i VERY WELL could live without it...

Guest fatman_uk

Very true words, apart from making u stronger it makes u a nicer person, u never want to be nasty coz u know how easy it'd be for sum1 to start commentin on ur acne, so u act nice, etc. :D

Seems how it went for me anyhow, i got clear an im still a nice guy. Or so i like to think. :D

I found u gotta be careful with the ladies tho, nice guys finish last when it comes to that department. :roll: IMO

-Gaz

Yeap....just like Robbie Williams's song - ' to be a BETTER man ~'.

So far, I have no acne, I mean new acne, but yet having problem with the discolouration of skin and that's make others to think that I still have acne.Anyway, nevermind.

I still remembered before i have acne, I'm a no-so caring person. But, after this, I cherish more, people around me and care them more~

God bless you all,

cheers,

garkee2002 :wink:

You know what.....I think i'm actually glad that i've had acne. I don't know if I would of ever gotten into my health like I have. Cuz of acne i've been trying to eat healthier and take care of my body......likewise...before acne I would eat anything and everything. Plus being a better person is so true. I won't look at the world the same anymore....in fact I don't already. When I see somebody suffering from some problem whether it be obesity or cancer or even acne, I look at them differently than my friends who are like..."Oh, look at that fat hoe" or "look at his face, it's like one bit zit." All in all, so far acne has ruined my life, but not really anymore, I already go out in public a lot and once i'm finally clear life will be great...I won't take any day with clear skin for granted. That's just my thoughts, hehe..cheers

-Shawn-

Good work guys...good points made

But acne is just fucked up. Im on minocin. Im completely clear. thank god the minocin is long term, but if i stopped takin minocin, it wouldnt get bad, but any more than two spots is too much for me. I was temporarily dropped by my modelling agency to go on a change of diet, that fucked up my confidence, especially when im trying to make it in acting and modelling. Thats all about appearance...NOT LOOKS but its all about appearance and a certain look. The amount of gr8 looking girls i know who were dropped cos they were either an inch short or simply "next yrs look" as has been used before, and it cant happen to me...otherwise im fucked literally, thats why it had such a bad effect on me.

By the way, this made me feel better, Leanardo Di Caprio had acne when he was bout my age too...hes big in the acting, im mainly trying for modelling but it made me feel better. As long as minocin is around, thats brilliant for me. Im gonna stay on it till im 20...then see how i go without them. l8r boys!

Guest fatman_uk

Don't worry, plenty of celebs have or have had acne, includin George Clooney, an he's a sex symbol now! :roll:

The only thing i'd fear long term would be bad scarring, otherwise ur pretty much in the clear. :D (Pun - Whoops! :? )

Check out www.skinema.com

-Gaz

hey i was clear and i meant totally clear when i was a teenager..until i reached 21 years of age, the acne suddenly erupted on my skin and i couldn't take it..i had no problems with acne THEN as a teenager. Now, at 25 years old, i am still having acne..it's been 5 years now...so, acne doesn't affect teens only... :oops:

ye i was fairly lucky. it was no way near bad enough to cause scarring. its all crazy tho. fucken mad shit! u say u got it at 21 teapot(i think thats ur name?), cant remember, well thats fairly annoying, is that called adult acne by name? god i never used to give a shit about my appearance as much as i do now...i got to be one of the most vein bastards in the world. but which guy at 18 isnt?! god its such a crazy world! :roll: