Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KNL71

Some don't need full BP amount???

I was wondering if it was possible that some people don't need the full amount of BP. I'm beginning my 6th week today and my skin is still pretty dry and flakey. My acne was never severe to begin with. Maybe those with more severe acne need more BP? I just started using the AHA, so maybe it will help. But, I was just wondering if some peoples' skin never adjusts to the full amount? I was thinking about decreasing the amout I use in the morning, to see if it helps so my skin can have moisture again. It looks icky dry! :( Plus, dry skin can lead to more oil and then more acne. So, maybe I'm doing more harm than good by using too much BP?

I was wondering if it was possible that some people don't need the full amount of BP. I'm beginning my 6th week today and my skin is still pretty dry and flaky. My acne was never severe to begin with. Maybe those with more severe acne need more BP? I just started using the AHA, so maybe it will help. But, I was just wondering if some peoples' skin never adjusts to the full amount? I was thinking about decreasing the amount I use in the morning, to see if it helps so my skin can have moisture again. It looks icky dry! :( Plus, dry skin can lead to more oil and then more acne. So, maybe I'm doing more harm than good by using too much BP?

Well in my opinion, if you skin is too sensitive to the full amount of BP, you should go ahead and try less BP amount and see how it goes.

I used to use the full amount of bp.. because I wanted to follow exactly the regimen, however, my skin was really dry/flaky (hard to talk/eat and even moisturizing wasn't enough + jojoba oil)

But I now use a small amount in the morning (pea sized) and a thin line half-finger in the evening (on my acne area) and it works great! (With moisturizer + jojoba oil) I don't have severe acne / more mild-moderate. I guess this works for my skin =) Maybe you can try decreasing little by little and see how it goes?

How's your acne doing, JillyKins9?

Generally, it's best to stick to the instructions until you're staying clear, and then you can change things up a little.

Once you're clear, you could try gradually decreasing the amount of BP you're using. Step it down by about half a pump every week or so until you find the right amount for you--enough to keep you clear, but not so much that you're all dried out.

c'est la vigne:

I want to say that I'm completely clear, but I'm not. Well, I don't have any "active" pimples, so maybe that means I am clear! I had a few come up, but they were due to the monthly visitor. However, they all went away in a day and I just have a small red mark where they were, which will be gone in a day or two. If I do get a pimple, they heal soooooooooo much faster now that I'm doing Dan's regimen. Also, they aren't the ones that take FOREVER to go away, which is a plus. I'm just worried that the ones I did get may have been caused by skin being dry and then clogging my pores? IDK though.

I slept in WAY late today and didn't apply BP. Instead, I cleansed and moisturized and my skin looks a million times better and is isn't dry or flakey. The only reason I didn't apply BP was because I knew I'd be doing it again way less than 12 hours later. Today my face isn't oily. Yesterday when it looked REALLY dry and flakey it was oily (I'm guessing it's because my face was producing more oil to compensate for the dryness?). So yeah, IDK. I don't want to change too much, but at the same sime I'm not sure I'm helping my skin any by continually drying it out super bad everyday.

I'd say you're probably okay to try decreasing the amount of BP you're using then.

You could try decreasing both your morning and evening applications by half a pump at a time to see if using less helps, or you could try only decreasing one application to see if you can get to the point where you're only applying BP once a day.

I, personally, only use about 3/4 of a pump of BP at night, and that's usually enough to keep me clear (although I do break out just before my period sometimes). It might be better to stick with using BP twice a day, though, even if you're using less than the recommended amount. At least that way, you've got active BP on your skin around the clock.

It's really up to you, though. ; )

I'd say you're probably okay to try decreasing the amount of BP you're using then.

You could try decreasing both your morning and evening applications by half a pump at a time to see if using less helps, or you could try only decreasing one application to see if you can get to the point where you're only applying BP once a day.

I, personally, only use about 3/4 of a pump of BP at night, and that's usually enough to keep me clear (although I do break out just before my period sometimes). It might be better to stick with using BP twice a day, though, even if you're using less than the recommended amount. At least that way, you've got active BP on your skin around the clock.

It's really up to you, though. ; )

So, are you annoyed with me yet? HAHA I'm ALWAYS asking a new question. Thanx for replying, you are a huge help and always have good answers and advice.

I agree with you about using the BP twice a day, although I'd prefer only night time like you do. There are just too many fricken options!!!!!!!!!! I think that's what frustrates me.

So, are you annoyed with me yet? HAHA I'm ALWAYS asking a new question. Thanx for replying, you are a huge help and always have good answers and advice.

I agree with you about using the BP twice a day, although I'd prefer only night time like you do. There are just too many fricken options!!!!!!!!!! I think that's what frustrates me.

Lol, I'm not annoyed with you at all. In fact, I think you're pretty okay! And I'm really glad that I can be helpful. If I can't help people, I feel like I have no purpose. ; )

Yeah, it can be a bit frustrating figuring out how to proceed, but I think you'll be okay. You seem pretty tuned in to how your skin reacts to things, so I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what works best for you.