Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tv_viewer

How many girls are having their periods messed up?

I know Accutane can delay periods. Mine's currently 2 weeks late and since I'm using 2 forms of BC I don't know how I could be pregnant.

I'm wondering if I should be worried? I've got cramping but no period. I'm putting off going to the doctor because they know I'm on Accutane. I had my routine pregnancy blood test done yesterday but the results won't be ready until next week.

It could just be that you don't have enough body fat to have your period. I noticed on your signature that you're 90 something pounds, which is fairly low(depending on your height). Even though I was on birth control, I lost my period for a couple months when I was around 107 pounds which is really low for my 5'5 frame. Lots of women athletes lose their periods too. Anyways, even if this isn't the case for you, I hope you figure out what's going on ! Lets hope you're not preggers !!!

Well, you could call the dr and will probably be ordered a blood test to check.

My period is perfectly fine. I would say it's far more likely it's your BC causing the distrubance. Did you start a new BC for accutane, or change it up somehow? that could explain it.

Edited by lemonlover

I'm not on horomonal birth control, I'm using a barrier method. I am skinny but I've always had my period at this weight.