Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I love everything about myself from head to toe, expect my skin. If I am clear I can accomplish anything and be the most confident person, when I break out my confidence and happiness go from 10 to 2. I took accutane and finished around July last summer. It cleared me fast (even by the second month I was getting no pimples anymore at all) with little side effects and bearable dryness.

But after I was off what I kept calling the miracle drug I started breaking out again. Differen worked for a few months but that seems to have faded off too. I met the most amazing guy, and my recent around the mouth 'make out break outs' are destroying me. Now comes the ever familiar I dont wanna kiss cause my cover up will rub off. I included pics from the worse days of the last month (and one of me clear so I can keep some confidence today). It's not the worst, I know, but its there and it controls me and is in my mind at all times. I eat and sleep well and take such good care of my skin, and I just cant control it any more then that.

For anyone kind enough to listen, my questions are, do you think a second course is a good idea? Are the side effects usually a bit less on the second time? Do you still have to wait a month for it?

Thank you

Melanie

post-67058-1269462674_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1269462685_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1269462696_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1269462714_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1269462674_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1269462685_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1269462696_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1269462714_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't take a second course. I'm pretty sure accutane gets less and less effective the more you take it. I'd try out a topical like duac, retin a, or give Dan's regimen a shot because your skin looks like it could be controlled now with just bp.

It's hard to tell from your pictures but your acne doesn't look very bad. I totally understand how you feel though. I had my acne come back after 3 years. Maybe you didn't take enough Accutane? As in maybe your dose or the length of your course wasn't enough. I really think you should try other things first though if Accutane didn't work the first time.

I'm on differin and the accutane face wash. i've tried docycycolin. I don't want to go through a trying things, having initial break out process, I want the thing I know that worked. :(

I love everything about myself from head to toe, expect my skin. If I am clear I can accomplish anything and be the most confident person, when I break out my confidence and happiness go from 10 to 2. I took accutane and finished around July last summer. It cleared me fast (even by the second month I was getting no pimples anymore at all) with little side effects and bearable dryness.

But after I was off what I kept calling the miracle drug I started breaking out again. Differen worked for a few months but that seems to have faded off too. I met the most amazing guy, and my recent around the mouth 'make out break outs' are destroying me. Now comes the ever familiar I dont wanna kiss cause my cover up will rub off. I included pics from the worse days of the last month (and one of me clear so I can keep some confidence today). It's not the worst, I know, but its there and it controls me and is in my mind at all times. I eat and sleep well and take such good care of my skin, and I just cant control it any more then that.

For anyone kind enough to listen, my questions are, do you think a second course is a good idea? Are the side effects usually a bit less on the second time? Do you still have to wait a month for it?

Thank you

Melanie

Hey Melanie,

I am currently on my second course... in fact I'm about a week in now... Like you I finished during the last week of July or first week of August and began to break out again in October. I went on Cefadroxil (Duricef) for the past 4 months but it was not working consistently so I decided to go on another course of Accutane with a slightly higher dosage. My acne is no where near as bad as it was prior to my first course, its just when I do get acne its cystic and painful.

Anyways... about the side effects: I'm only a week in but I can definitely tell you my eyes are dryer than they were at this point during my first course. Lips are beginning to chap up but nothing serious (I'm on 40mg/day and I weigh 180 lbs btw). Also, I think when you refer to waiting a month you are referencing the pregnancy tests and stuff for girls who take it... I'm not too sure since I'm a guy, but I can tell you the iPledge rules were the exact same as last year when I signed up.

I might start a log on here so check back if you want! Hope this helps.

Hey,

Have you ever considered that your acne might be hormonal? I know you have probably already looked into this, but if you havent, then its worth a try! My gf is on Spironolactone, which helps with hormonal acne, and shes pretty much clear now. Might be worth a try if your acne is hormonal... Accutane wont fix hormonal acne