Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

Plasma Lasers - Hearing positive feedback for pitted scars

Hey all,

I've heard some pretty postive stories regarding plasma laser for pitted scarring. Apparently theres a girl on this site by the name of simplylaura who has posted her improvement on page 27 of the scar gallery. i cant see the pics, though i hear some other people can.

i conducted my own research into the plasma laser previously and was pretty impressed. Its better than fraxel in that it has the ability to heat the skin to a greater temperature without burning the skin. As it doesnt burn the skin, the outer layer is left intact. The overall result is a greater collagen formation and less downtime than traditional lasers. A trusted review board here in Australia even claims its better than a lot of existing lasers out there.

My question is whether anyone here has had the plasma laser treatment? If so how much improvement did you see in your scarring?

Highlights of the clinical study prior to FDA clearance

a. This was a single site clinical study treating acne scars.

b. It involved the use of Portrait PSR3 plasma system.

c. 9 patients were evaluated after one Portrait Plasma treatment.

d. It was seen that acne scarring improved by 23 per cent in six months.

e. Results stayed for about two years.

f. Silicone elastomer molds were made of the skin irregularities before and after treatment.

g. Researchers compared the depth of the defects with the help of these molds.

h. It was seen that there was a 35 per cent decrease in acne scar depth.

i. After this, a multi-center IRB clinical study was conducted at three sites.

j. This study evaluated Portrait Plasma treatment of areas of sunken, atrophic, post acne scars.

k. 29 patients were give one treatment protocol.

l. There was a mean improvement of 29 per cent in acne scar appearance at 6 months.

m. Patient self assessment was 35 per cent average improvement.

n. 71 per cent of the patients were confident that they would recommend the procedure to a friend.

o. Researchers arrived at this conclusion after a single Portrait Plasma treatment compared to the six treatments patients endure with the 1320 nm Nd:Yag and up

Highlights of the clinical study prior to FDA clearance

a. This was a single site clinical study treating acne scars.

b. It involved the use of Portrait PSR3 plasma system.

c. 9 patients were evaluated after one Portrait Plasma treatment.

d. It was seen that acne scarring improved by 23 per cent in six months.

e. Results stayed for about two years.

f. Silicone elastomer molds were made of the skin irregularities before and after treatment.

g. Researchers compared the depth of the defects with the help of these molds.

h. It was seen that there was a 35 per cent decrease in acne scar depth.

i. After this, a multi-center IRB clinical study was conducted at three sites.

j. This study evaluated Portrait Plasma treatment of areas of sunken, atrophic, post acne scars.

k. 29 patients were give one treatment protocol.

l. There was a mean improvement of 29 per cent in acne scar appearance at 6 months.

m. Patient self assessment was 35 per cent average improvement.

n. 71 per cent of the patients were confident that they would recommend the procedure to a friend.

o. Researchers arrived at this conclusion after a single Portrait Plasma treatment compared to the six treatments patients endure with the 1320 nm Nd:Yag and up

thanks a lot for your post mate. that was a lot more detail than i was expecting and im really greatful for that. it seems cool - why arent more people getting this done?

Interresting.. the thing I hate about fractional Co2 laser is the looooong redness it gives you (mostly fair people).

Anyone knows how this laser compares to deep fx / repair?

On: Oct 22 2006, 04:24 PM

By: simplylaura

Page 21?

Erbium Yag Laser & PSR Portrait B4 & After Pics

Sorry this was the best I could do cartwheeling-monkey.

I hope you find it. I thought it was pretty impressive.

I had 3 plasma laser procedure and I never saw no improvement, the dr told me that collagen take over 6 month to build, has pass 3 years now and I never saw any improvement. Then after the 3rd plasma, the dr told me that I might need more than 3 treatments because the minimun is 3 treatment. It took me about 7 to 9 days for the recovery and he set the machine for me at the highest level 4.