Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_TRUTH

Flossing and Acne??

Hey guys.. I stumbled upon an interesting question when faced with acne.. I recently started flossing (about 3 weeks now).. I use these little pick's that go in between the teeth, then i floss, then i brush my teeth, then i use mouth wash.. Since I have been doin this before i go to bed (I only do that at night.. in the morning i just brush) i have noticed considerable improvement with my face.. I do have a strict regimen that i stick to so i cannot completely say that the flossing has improved my acne. However, i would like to know how many of you out there floss regularly??? And has anyone noticed this correlation before?

I highly HIGHLY doubt that flossing has any affect on your skin positive or negative, BUT I have read about that before so you could be on to something.

In complete hypothetical theory on my part I would think it might have something to do with digestion since trapped food is not being broken down properly which could cause inflammation in your system.... but obviously that's purely speculation.

I think your new routine is probably the difference maker in this case. Congrats on that, lots of trial and error to find the right mix.

PANIC

my guess, a person with a decaying mouth would have terrible acne b/c of all the toxins that enter the bloodstream from the teeth and gums.

it's funny, i was flossing regularly for a while, but have recently returned to brushing twice daily and using listerine and have noticed that my face isn't looking so great. you may be onto something. i'll pick up and dust off the old flosser tonight.

The thing is.. when you floss your getting out all of that food that is stuck between the teeth.. not only that but it is also preventing the build up of bacteria in your system.. this can also lead to heart problems because this bacteria travels through your blood stream straight to your heart.. so not only could it lead to a major health failure but bacteria being in your system can cause all types of malfunctions... also... i had read once that only brushing your teeth is like washing 65% of your body when you take a shower.. kinda makes you think twice.. its worth it in the end.. its so good for you and it takes hardly a minute before you brush your teeth.. why not.. just floss... (oh and progress from since i first posted this is astounding.. i still have had very minimal breakouts.. one or two zits that pop and disappear after 2 days that are very small to begin with)

my guess is your flossing and cleaning it really well so while your sleeping no bacteria or gems are coming out of your mouth when facing the pillow so your not rolling face first in bactera ?

my guess is your flossing and cleaning it really well so while your sleeping no bacteria or gems are coming out of your mouth when facing the pillow so your not rolling face first in bactera ?

actually since i have had acne i hate anything touching my face that i have avoided sleeping my on my stomach or face completely... even though i love to sleep on my stomach... so i dont think thats it at all.. definitely could be the case for some people though...

i believe it is highly plausible that there is a correlation between flossing and acne.. look it up.. if you see the science behind it starts making a lot of sense.. maybe not with everyone.. but with some

Edited by the_TRUTH

u roll around so much during the night it really doesnt matter

and i have actually trained myself to not roll around at night.. i usually wake up in the exact same position i fell asleep in.. takes time and effort cause i hate sleepin on my back but it can be done