Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miserable

Products to hasten skin formation and shedding

Hi

I am looking for products that will hasten the shedding of facial skin and products that will speed up the formation of new skin. In essence I am looking for skin exfoliants, that are applied topically but would also consider orally taken pills/liquids.

I am hoping to find something that I can see is working by seeing old skin falling off in pieces. I prefer a cream that I can just apply before going to bed rather than scrubs because scrubs might be too irritating and cause redness though a scrub without the aforementioned sideffect is fine.

back in late 2003 or 2004 I read people on here recommending Green Cream. I tried it back then but didn't see any results.

I have dark skin (type 5), it is sensitive and scars easily. I don't have acne now, just the rare whitehead and sometimes a red inflamed zit that leaves a dark mark. What I want is to shed my skin as fast as possible and get new skin, hoping old marks and orange peel like areas will start to look better with newer skin.

iSkin exfoliant is great for dry skin. It's a battery operated foam-head device. The iSkin cream is rich and exfoliates with micro crystals. It leaves dry skin feeling soft and refreshed. I use it in addition to: 1. NeoStrata's Oil-free Daytime Smoothing Lotion Level 3, and 2. One or two Jojoba oil drops with my moisturizer and they really helped with the dryness.

What are the side effects of using a Retinoid? Does it cause an increase in pimples/zits/acne? I do not have Acne or zits and rarely get them.

Also I am planning on going in for lazer hair removal and electrolysis on my face, above my beard line. Will I need to stop Retinoids if I am going for lazer or can I use retinoids in between lazer treatments? I think the treatment are 4 weeks apart.

If I can use Retinoids then how many days before a lazer treatment should I stop using it?

Thanks all for the replies.

Also how do Retinoids compare with Dan's AHA and can both be used?

Edited by Miserable