Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Screwed

Anyone else just stop looking in mirrors?

I'm male 32 had acne forever, but I have stopped looking in mirrors for a few years now in fact I avoid them at all costs, even when putting crap on my acne or combing my hair(keep my hair short), when I wash my hands in the bathroom I make sure I only look at the sink also. The only time I look at my face in a mirror is in the shower to shave. I think it started when my acne got real bad and I would look in the mirror and immediatly feel the life get sucked out and would get depressed. My acne has improved by using the regieme and taking probiotics though the probiotics seem to be the key, if I don't take them for a week or so bamb break out. In any case I really don't know if I will ever look at myself a normal mirror again, wonder if anyone else hase the same issue?

I wish I had the strength to avoid mirrors...but I'm drawn to them. It's twisted. I feel like sometimes I'm just wasting away in front of the mirror, staring at my blotchy red face and trying to wish certain scars away. It's pointless and stupid but I can't help it. Anyways, I need to look at the mirror in the morning when I'm putting on my makeup or at night when I'm putting my creams on sooo...yeah life sucks doesn't it?

Yeah me either. I have to know how I look at all times. Especially if you're going out, you need to look in the mirror before you leave. I mean, what if you had a huge whitehead or something? At least you could pop it lol.

I'm just the opposite...I look into mirrors and pretty much any reflective surfaces compulsively. I dunno why I do it.. It's not like I get better looking the more I stare into the mirror..

I just look from afar so I cant see it up close. Quite sad really not being able to enjoy how you look.

Omg - you just avoid mirrors completely. Thats weird... Surely when you go to the barbers you have to look in a mirror. Surely if you dont know how you look you would lose your sense of self, or do you just imagine what you look like.

I avoid the mirror as much as possible. I try to only use it when putting make up on. (Which even just using the mirror then is difficult.) I get so depressed...

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Only time I really look in them is before I leave the house, I usually just take about a 5 second glance and make sure nothing is messed up (pimple bleeding or something stuck on my face lol or anything like that). I usually comb my hair using my cars side window, it's semi-tinted and the rear view mirror and side mirrors are always turned at an angle where I can't see myself. I got tired of looking in mirrors and feeling like shit, so I just don't do it anymore either (besides when I shave like you said).

ps: oh and nice sig secretwish, EDIT: haha I got them mixed up :P. SLIDE is one of my all time favorite songs. :)

Edited by Chrisâ„¢

im at the stage where i shatter mirrors (emo alert i know) cuz my reflection ticks me off, ive completely given up on looking presentable anyways, so i just go out looking like whatever i want

i never have problem with this i dont understand you guys mindset

acnes there with or without mirror its just a reflection of your face

i dont mean at all im passed it im just numb about it now acne has jacked away all the best yr of my life

just dont get bothered by it

oh actually i do

when youre out night partying having a blast and you go use the toilet look into the mirror even half drunk you see the hideous fuck up you are like a survivor of a 10th degree burnt that never went to the hospital but didnt die either. that irritates me ALOT

but thats the only time im pissed about it

i think you guys should grow out of it dont be that bothered just looking into the mirror we all have to shave and do our hair man...

OMFG - this thred is depressing me - guyz u can fix ur faces.

Accutane for acne

Aloe vera for redness

Get a hair cut that suits your face shape and your done....

Outer beauty isnt difficult.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Accutane for acne

Aloe vera for redness

ZOMFGzorz ets leik so ezz why d1dnt i think of that shyt bef0re. IMA go get me an haircut to fix et lol.

Um, I've had 10 thousand dollars worth of treatments done for my scars over the last 5 years and I didn't even get 10% improvement.

:clap: I'm happy for ya pal. No, really, I am.

??????? - you spent 10000 pounds on treatment!!!!!!!! - everything is free in this country.

Perhaps you shud consider plastic surgery if you have so much money - i thought plastic surgeons could give you a whole new skin - by ripping the scarred one off - they did it on 90210.

damn. i juz look into the mirror because i have to learnt to wear contact lenses.

And i feel the whole ordeal so torturous for me.

and under the white bright light, there were too many black dots and some acne scars and few cysts.

And i started to feel that my friends are so noble because they can bear the sight of me and really look at me almost everyday. i cant even bear a glance of myself.

and another shit come up. I went to the toilet and look into the mirror and i found myself acceptable.

And i dunno which is my real skin. So is it ok or not ok. And the thinking of this sucks. because i found myself conscious of how ppl view my skin at different place.

Accutane for acne

Aloe vera for redness

I really hate assumptions people like you make. You're utterly ridiculous and rude.

First of all, accutane does not work for everybody. Not even close. Do some research before you spout of and you'd actually know that. Second, many people cannot take Accutane because of health reasons. Once again, a little information will make you seem less ignorant.

And I don't think most people are concerned about "redness." Yes, it goes away if you can snip a freaking aloe plant. GOOD JOB pointing that out to us.

Most of us are upset because we have SCARRING. REAL SCARS. The ones that don't just go away with a dab of concealer and good jar o' glitter. Scars that cannot be taken care of so easily. Scars that do not respond to treatment, because, if you actually did some research, you'd realize that there is more to acne scars than a wee bit of hyperpigentation. We aren't all stupid retards with no idea what our acne is and what to do about the strange marks they leave on our face. Sometimes, it just doesn't freaking work. Or sometimes, we can't do anything about them because the acne hasn't stopped. Or maybe we have absolutely no money to pay for treatment. Here the almighty U.S.A. we have to pay every penny for these kinds of treatments and it isn't cheap. Once again. Look it up.

Now get off your arrogant, judgemental high horse, have a little compassion for those who are suffering from something real, or find yourself a forum that caters to your superficial problems.

Mirrors are the devil.

They are! I avoid mirrors, except when I become very curious or become confident enough to believe I might be better off than I think I am. That usually ends up very badly. I stopped wearing makeup, stopped wearing contacts, and I haven't had my hair cut in over a year. I have put in very, very dim lamps into the bathrooms and turn them on to the darkest setting and take my glasses off every time I go into the bathroom. I am very, very blind, which I am grateful for right now. I can look at myself full on in that state and see virtually nothing. If I'm wearing something black, I can see that outline. Otherwise, I'm a blob, and in my imagination, I look fine. If, for some reason I have to get something out of my eye or observe something, I grab a towel and cover my face as much as I can. It is the only way I'll get out of there alive :ninja: .

Anyway, yes, mirrors are evil.

And I know that we should accept the way we look and do something about it. I can't deal with the way I look and until my breakouts go away, I can't do anything about the scars.

Accutane for acne

Aloe vera for redness

I really hate assumptions people like you make. You're utterly ridiculous and rude.

First of all, accutane does not work for everybody. Not even close. Do some research before you spout of and you'd actually know that. Second, many people cannot take Accutane because of health reasons. Once again, a little information will make you seem less ignorant.

And I don't think most people are concerned about "redness." Yes, it goes away if you can snip a freaking aloe plant. GOOD JOB pointing that out to us.

Most of us are upset because we have SCARRING. REAL SCARS. The ones that don't just go away with a dab of concealer and good jar o' glitter. Scars that cannot be taken care of so easily. Scars that do not respond to treatment, because, if you actually did some research, you'd realize that there is more to acne scars than a wee bit of hyperpigentation. We aren't all stupid retards with no idea what our acne is and what to do about the strange marks they leave on our face. Sometimes, it just doesn't freaking work. Or sometimes, we can't do anything about them because the acne hasn't stopped. Or maybe we have absolutely no money to pay for treatment. Here the almighty U.S.A. we have to pay every penny for these kinds of treatments and it isn't cheap. Once again. Look it up.

Now get off your arrogant, judgemental high horse, have a little compassion for those who are suffering from something real, or find yourself a forum that caters to your superficial problems.

Accutanes the spot cure isnt it?

And what are you on about acne scara are just marks on your skin and aloe vera will help this and you dont have to have a plant - you can get it in chemists - they sell it for ppl with sunburn.