Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mz1290

Accutane making my skin oily?

I started accutane this month and I'm on day 11. My first week I didn't experience any type of dramatic IB or side effects. This weekend my lips became dry and I noticed my face felt much more oily. When im wearing my SPF Mosturizer you can see light shine off the skin and I never had that problem. Then on Monday my face started breaking out. I just wanted some input on if oily skin is just a sign that I'm purging and the IB has started? Or if it's just all in my head. And if ya'll think I should still mosturize even though my skin feels extra oily? I also started taking the Bactrim dose my derm gave me because he told me he was pretty sure id have an IB the first couple of weeks. Hopefully it will only last this week and next at most.

Yea, sounds like your initial breakout. It isn't unusual for your skin to get oily before it gets dry. Keep moisturizing.

Alright, thanks for the response. I've found myself coming here more since I've been on accutane so I might have to post a log or something instead of asking random questions every week haha.

My skin got really oily as well. I actually stopped moisturizing a bit since my skin wasn't dry... and now that it is starting to dry up I do it again.