Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inobe3240

Help Me With My Initial Breakout!

What types of remedies/medications do you guys use to cope with your IB? If any. Im going through my second IB and I have three massive cysts on my cheeks. Nothing seems to work. Its driving me crazy. Please Help!!!

Oh man, god bless my family doctor. My derm was booked out when I was getting my IB and I was disappointed at him not taking it seriously. My family doctor prescribed me Biaxin, an antibiotic and some Fucidin antibiotic cream. I would wake up every day to new painful cysts and oily whiteheads all over my nose and was in constant pain, but these two drugs definitely helped. I would wash and dry my face regularly with oil controlling creams. Try not to touch your acne or pop it, it only aggravates it. A day after popping one near the corner of my nose, 2 more appeared within a day.

My derm made me do bactrim (an antibiotic) one month prior, and during the first month of accutane to help lessen the IB

Many derms prescribe prednisone to help with IB as well

Hi,

My dermatologist prescribed me some antibiotics and some cream called Fucicort. They both really helped and I cleared up in approx. 3 days. I took the antibiotics 2 times a day and applied the Fucicort Day and Night before bed!

Good luck!