Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sacramento Kings

My cerave moisturizer regimen

Background: I've had acne since I was 12 years old. Since then I've tried everything you can possibly think of to combat my acne. I am now 18 and still have severe acne. I have oily skin so I never thought I should moisturize. I would get the harshest most drying soaps to try to clear my skin.

My new regimen: I've read that when you dry your skin out, you create an opening for bacteria to seep into your skin. Your skins moisture acts like a barrier blocking out all the bad stuff. I'm trying a new regimen where I don't use any kind of medication or cleanser. It has never worked before so I'm just stopping all that junk. This is what it consists of:

Shave face with gillette shaving foam for sensitive skin in the morning and then moisturize with cerave lotion.

Take shower in evening and moisturize.

Take acidophilus pill before heading to bed. (its supposed to help aid your digestive system)

And that's all. I will let you know how it works out.

Well this is the second day and no new pimples. My face doesn't look look as red and inflamed either. Probably cuz I stopped washing with 10% BP soap. Hopefully things keep improving. :)

Edited by Sacramento Kings