Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use tooth paste after my daily skin care cleansing. When I get a big papule I apply tooth paste and the zit is gone. Ive been breaking out around my fore head and thanks to the tooth paste my foreheard has cleared up. Acne is a long process, especially if youve had it severe, such as my self. It takes patience because i know that my face will not clear up over night. Tooth paste like other acne medications takes time to get rid of a zit. IF you use tooth paste make sure to use the paste and not gel. any added gel can irritate skin and worsten acne.

I lol'd

Yeah, it doesn't do jack to my skin too. Mind sharing the miracle toothpaste brand you're using to the members though?

You were not a vegetarian, you were eating fish.

From my experience, there is absolutely no doubt that meat doesn't affect acne.

The toothpaste 'cure' is so old it got footnoted in the bible.

I remember someone telling me about it when i was about 17, so i went straight home and absolutely covered my face in the stuff. I used so much i looked like a marshmellow man.. and then obviously it started viciously stinging like my whole face was on fire - and of course it doesn't just wash off easily.. because it's f^ckin' tooth paste, so i had to scrub at it like a mental patient for the best part of a night, resulting in me having to go to class the next day looking like my entire head had gone septic over-night.

I personally wouldn't try it again.

Edited by lemmy

You were not a vegetarian, you were eating fish.

From my experience, there is absolutely no doubt that meat doesn't affect acne.

The toothpaste 'cure' is so old it got footnoted in the bible.

I remember someone telling me about it when i was about 17, so i went straight home and absolutely covered my face in the stuff. I used so much i looked like a marshmellow man.. and then obviously it started viciously stinging like my whole face was on fire - and of course it doesn't just wash off easily.. because it's f^ckin' tooth paste, so i had to scrub at it like a mental patient for the best part of a night, resulting in me having to go to class the next day looking like my entire head had gone septic over-night.

I personally wouldn't try it again.

that sucks....i've tried it before and all it did was turn my face red for a whole week..it was tehn i learned i had REALLy sensitive skin....i'm proally never trying toothpaste again

As other posters have noted, some toothpastes can actually be irritating to the skin, which can make acne worse. Use a bit of caution if you're going to try toothpaste on your skin.