Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InquisitiveCreature

For All Who Have Changed Their Diets...

It took a couple of months to get less oily after switching to a less processed diet. Vitamin C, Zinc and Saw Palmetto also helped. Finally, improving digesting really helped with oily skin.

When I switched to a no-protein diet, I experienced 95% oil decrease and all my acne went away. The change occurred on day 8.

I suspect food sensitivities caused porous spots in my intestines which allows the protein to leak through into the blood where my body reacts to the protein as if it is a 'foreign invader' and begins producing pus, inflammation and infections. I've been off the majority of gluten for about a month now and also yeast. I don't know how long it will be until I see an improvement in my skin (or IF I see an improvement in my skin). We shall see.

I had oily skin. Try eating more vegetables, drink green tea, take cold showers, and cut out caffeine. Took about a month to notice the difference

I noticed a difference after about week of not consuming caffiene. I think this was one of the major factors in becoming somewhat clear. I used to drink maybe 10-12 cups a day.

I don't know. Besides, I'd been taking zinc and some other supplements for a while that had already made my skin less oily before changing diet.

It took a couple of months to get less oily after switching to a less processed diet. Vitamin C, Zinc and Saw Palmetto also helped. Finally, improving digesting really helped with oily skin.

How did you improve your digestion? I reeeally think this is my biggest problem because when I started taking probiotics my oil decreased a great amount but it was only with that one bottle. I also have minor bowel issues.

I have saw palmetto but have been taking vitex instead. How do the two work differently and will they both help with oil? I don't feel completely comfortable with taking saw palmetto.

How did you improve your digestion? I reeeally think this is my biggest problem because when I started taking probiotics my oil decreased a great amount but it was only with that one bottle. I also have minor bowel issues.

I have saw palmetto but have been taking vitex instead. How do the two work differently and will they both help with oil? I don't feel completely comfortable with taking saw palmetto.

It's a bit difficult to put in one post because it's been such a long journey for me. I did a lot of research and the people and resources on this board helped a lot. That gave me some general direction. I also went to a naturopathic doctor (specializing in digestion) who was able to do some tests and give me some solid advice. That really put me over the top. I know many people on this board say they cured their acne through this diet or that supplement--but I don't think people should be scared to go for help.

As far as the specifics of my regimen, I can PM you. Or I'll post it here if you want it but its a little long. Let me know.

I haven't heard of vitex. The saw palmetto, zinc, etc helped me but the fundamental problem for me was digestion.

It's a bit difficult to put in one post because it's been such a long journey for me. I did a lot of research and the people and resources on this board helped a lot. That gave me some general direction. I also went to a naturopathic doctor (specializing in digestion) who was able to do some tests and give me some solid advice. That really put me over the top. I know many people on this board say they cured their acne through this diet or that supplement--but I don't think people should be scared to go for help.

As far as the specifics of my regimen, I can PM you. Or I'll post it here if you want it but its a little long. Let me know.

I haven't heard of vitex. The saw palmetto, zinc, etc helped me but the fundamental problem for me was digestion.

Yeah, please PM me, I'd really appreciate that. We tried to get a naturopath but there are none close by to where I live.

I don't know the science behind it, but when I started taking magnesium my digestion improved. Before I'd often burp constantly after meals and during exercise. As for acne, my skin improved around the chin and forehead areas, but my t-zone was still pretty bad.

I don't know the science behind it, but when I started taking magnesium my digestion improved.

It's needed for tons of enzyme activities in the body.