Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
veritas

benzoyl peroxide in conjunction with sulfur?

Hey guys.

Just recently I started using Clearasil Stayclear, Adult Acne Treatment Cream -- with 2% resorcinol and 8% sulfur. My regimen is pretty basic: in the morning I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (from tomorrow, though, I'll switch that with a gentle exfoliater) and apply moisturizer, and at night I wash my face, apply the treatment cream on my face (focusing mostly on the acne and putting a thin layer on the rest) and that's it. I don't apply moisturizer at night because it always seems like the treatment spreads away from where I want it to be focused (acne) and I don't like that. :P

Anyway, my acne is pretty light - my biggest problem is that I have so many under-the-surface bumps. Also right now I have 4 dark red spots on my cheeks - 2 used to be full out zits (pustules), one is on its way to be a pustule and the last one... I don't even know. I hope it won't be as well.

So, since I have a LOT of benzoyl peroxide lying around - both 5% from the regimen which I got off and 10% spot treatments - I was wondering if it would be a good idea to apply benzoyl peroxide on my current regimen as well. Like, maybe I could apply in in the morning all over my face? And then continue applying the Clearasil product at night? Or maybe just spot treat my zits with 5% or 10% benzoyl peroxide? Or would that be a bad idea?

Just looking for a second opinion here, so all help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!