Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I suffer from mild to moderate acne and like 99% of people on here feel like I have tried everything. The only thing I haven't yet looked into is the taking of vitamin tablets etc.

I have tried to make a short list of the vitamins that seem to be most effective at helping acne, please can you advise me if taking all of the below daily is potentially a good combination for helping fight acne?

Vitamin D3

Zinc

Vitamin A - not sure if to bother with this one.

Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)

Thanks in advance!

Well first as always, no one reacts the same to anything. All of the vitamins you've listed have been said to help with acne, but just because they've helped other people doesn't mean they will help you. For every single product out, there will be people who say it works and says it doesn't work. I would say go for it, those should all be good for the skin. I've never tried any of them, but my b5 should be arriving tomorrow or the next day, pretty excited about that!

Well first as always, no one reacts the same to anything. All of the vitamins you've listed have been said to help with acne, but just because they've helped other people doesn't mean they will help you. For every single product out, there will be people who say it works and says it doesn't work. I would say go for it, those should all be good for the skin. I've never tried any of them, but my b5 should be arriving tomorrow or the next day, pretty excited about that!

Hi thanks for that as long as it has a chance of helping I am willing to take them. Are you going to use the large doses of B5? I am intending on just taking one a day, not sure if that will have any affect!!??

Well I don't know how much comes in one pill, I'm guessing a very little amount? I think I read somewhere the megadose of b5 is taking something like 20 pills, so I don't think that would help much. I think my plan is to take 5 grams for the first week and then go to 10 until clear (let's hope).