Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have pretty much isolated my trigger as being stress. I was on spring break last week and I really cleared up. Now I have been back at class for 2 days and I feel a few new breakouts starting. Last week, I was in such a great mood. The weather was great where I live and I was outside and playing sports alot. But then as soon as I woke up to go to class Monday morning I had this wierd feeling of nervousness. I had like a tension headache. Its like I can feel the stress in my face, and then I breakout. I didnt really have any reason to be stressed. I dont have any big tests or projects coming up. I just seem to assoiciate school with this feeling so that whenver Im there I feel stressed out.

I do get some excercise and eat ok but I always have this feeling of tension. Does anyone else get like this, how do you control it? Are there any acne medications that work against stress related breakouts? I expect some stress, Im in college, I just wish it didnt make me breakout.

You could try meditating to reduce stress.

Also, stress can definitely contribute to breakouts, but if you were outside exercising a lot during spring break, the combination of sunshine, fresh air and more exercise than you usually get could have been what cleared you up.

I'm not surprised... I think stress is probably the trigger for most people. All the diet stuff and everything can help... But I think it's mostly stress. Then people try to pin down the breakouts, but it's just a coincidence... Especially since it takes at least a week or so for something to become visible. It's extremely hard to stop stress altogether. I think just wearing yourself down physically is probably best. Then you're too tired to stress. Even after all theses years, I still got a little something here and there when I would work on tough jobs. I stopped that job and I don't get anything now. Maybe one little dot every few months. Sometimes I wonder if it is a collection of stress related things as well that some people are prone to, because I've also always had a lot of stomach problems, and that got to the point where I was having like, some kind of ulcer or something... Stress bad.

I dont know.. wen I had acne I was stressed, now after acne im even more stressed but it hasnt caused a relapse.

Just try and slow things down and relax. Have less sugar and caffeine in your diet.