Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derK

Post your moisturizers/lotions.

hey all,

i'm just curious to what type of moisturizers you use for your face. I myself used cetaphil at first, but that just made my face toooooo oily. Now i use lubriderm and i find that it's ok, but it still makes my face oily and very greased looking. Please post what you use and if it's good for oily faces like mine!!

Thanks.

Derek

The stuff you're using sounds like it's made for the body...I really like neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin and also B5 gel by skinceuticals

I'm using Neutragena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin without the Sunblock (no SPF). It's nice enough. Absorbs well. Leaves the skin feeling quite soft. It's $10 per 4 ounces. It does seem to sting my eyes mildly if I apply it too close to them.

I've been thinking of trying St. Ive's Oil Free Moisturizer, but have not done so yet.

Many people on this board have said good things about the Eucerin (sp?) skin renewal with an AHA in it. I haven't tried it personally.

In Dan's site, he does state that the Purpose moisturizer has turned some folks a little yellowish (washes off of course). They say it doesn't happen to everyone. I can't verify that info personally.

Hope that helps.

I used to use Purpose Dual Moisturizer. Everytime I blotted my face with tissue (to absorb oils when i get oily), there was a yellowish residue left behind on the tissue. I guess it does leave a yellowish residue after awhile.

Currently I am using the Eucerin Moisturizer, but it feels a lil oily right after I apply it. It's probably because it has sunscreen in it. It's alright, but not that great.

I'm using Eucerin Skin Renewal with SPF 15 during the day and Neutrogena Oil Free for Sensitive Skin at night, both of which are great.

Guest Tracy

Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil or jojoba oil.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin here. I have moderately oily skin, and it really keeps a nice matte finish all day long. Seems to have cut down on my oiliness too.

Even when I feel really dry--or if I manage to dry out the delicate area under my eyes--this seems to really do the trick for me.

A 4-oz bottle goes a long way too--it's worth the 10 bucks.

I also use the Neutrogena for combo skin. The sensitive skin formula has petrolatum which can cause clog pores(for me anyway)

Yeah, I might switch back to the combo skin one as my bottle is nearly finished. I like both, though. My pores have been clogged lately, maybe that's part of it.

I'm the odd one out I guess. I use Lush's Celestial moisterizer, which I randomly happened to stumble upon and love. I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer spf 45 sunblock on top during the day.