Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anc1revv

Moisturizer and BP order

I have really sensitive skin, so if i use BP all over my face, as the regimen instructs, my skin gets really red and irritated.

So i decided to just spot treat with BP and it has been going well so far. However, i realized that if i spot treat and apply lotion on my face, the bp can be spread around by the lotion.

So is it okay to put lotion on first, let it dry, then apply BP?

The thing about The Regimen is that by treating all over, as opposed to spot-treating, you can actually prevent new acne from forming instead of just treating the acne that's already surfaced.

It can be rough when you're first starting out, especially if you have sensitive skin, but keep in mind that redness and irritation are normal early on, and that they'll fade as your skin gets used to the BP. If your skin is sensitive, you can still probably do the actual Regimen, but you might have to start off slower than people with less sensitive skin.

Did you try just using a pea-sized blob of BP once a day? For people with sensitive skin, starting very slow, and taking things very gradually is the key to making The Regimen work.

In answer to your question, putting on your moisturizer before your BP may work, but you're also putting a barrier between the BP and your skin, so the BP may not absorb as well or be as effective against acne.