Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone! Well I've had pretty bad acne ever since I was 13 when I was 18 I started Accutane and when I was 19 I went off of it and have been clear ever since (about a year now! :dance: ).

However, I recently got engaged (in October) and will be getting married in June! :wub:

So I'm starting to think about which BCP to take. I don't need one to clear up my acne, since Accutane already did that, I just want to make sure the one that I take won't mess up my hormones and make my acne come back.

What would you ladies suggest?

The thing is - different pills are different for every woman.

But most women get prescribed ortho tri cyclen for acne, I think.

I use mononessa.

Lara6 is right. How birth control pills affect us is different for everyone. Any pill out there is going to have women who loved being on it, and women who hated being on it, and all for different reasons.

Your best bet is to just discuss things with your doctor and see which pills they recommend.

Lara6 is right. How birth control pills affect us is different for everyone. Any pill out there is going to have women who loved being on it, and women who hated being on it, and all for different reasons.

Your best bet is to just discuss things with your doctor and see which pills they recommend.

Yep, good advice. I have an IUD now (LOVE IT!) but my favorite other birth control was the patch. I liked only having to worry about it once a week, and I didn't experience any side effects. Ask your Doc, and congrats on getting married!

I currently switched from OTC to Demulen 1/35 and I've been loving it.......it's only been two weeks but im starting to see a bit of improvement in my face and my boobs are getting huge (which is good for me cuz im very small chested). No other changes.......no weight changes, headaches, feeling drowsy, etc!