Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catcrazy

Head and Shoulders for bacne

here are a few questions about head and shoulders for the treatment of bacne. If you could answer as many as possible that would be great. :)

1)How were the results?

2)How quickly did you see improvement?

3)How soon were you completely clear (if this has happened yet)

4)Should I leave it on overnight after using it in the shower, or should I rinse it off?

5)Would wearing a sports bra for 2-3 hours day slow/halt results? (it isn't an option for me not to wear it.

HI Cat, I have had successful results from using Head & Shoulders and imo the best way to treat bacne.

1: I have got a few on me back still, but last week I was completely clear because of H&S and I would recommend it to anyone. (I definitley advise you to use a loofah because I had better results using that as well).

2: I seen improvement within about 3/4 weeks give or take, but the fact that it was improving was a bigger plus than most stuff I tried before hand.

3: I started using it in Decemeber/January and like I said before I was completely clear last week so about 2 months. (Still had some red marks obviuosly)

4: I never left it on over night, and I really dont see why you would?

5: I wouldnt worry about wearing a sports bra, its only 2/3 hours a day which isnt long so I wouldnt say it'll hinder improvements.

(I would defo buy a loofah tho)

Hoped I helped, and good luck. :)

Edited by Kenny89

HI Cat, I have had successful results from using Head & Shoulders and imo the best way to treat bacne.

1: I have got a few on me back still, but last week I was completely clear because of H&S and I would recommend it to anyone. (I definitley advise you to use a loofah because I had better results using that as well).

2: I seen improvement within about 3/4 weeks give or take, but the fact that it was improving was a bigger plus than most stuff I tried before hand.

3: I started using it in Decemeber/January and like I said before I was completely clear last week so about 2 months. (Still had some red marks obviuosly)

5: I wouldnt worry about wearing a sports bra, its only 2/3 hours a day which isnt long so I wouldnt say it'll hinder improvements.

wow that's really great! good for you! Thanks for answering my questions. I think I'll definitely try this. Maybe I'll be clear by summer. :)

I've been reading around on here, and saw many people suggesting using H&S to rid of bacne.

So, I began it last weekend, & haven't seen too much of a difference yet.

However, very few people seem to specify which H&S it is they use.

I've been using the orange one, with Selenium Sulfide as the main ingredient.

I'm not sure if it's that one, or the one with zinc pyrithione.

Which is it you tried?

I've been reading around on here, and saw many people suggesting using H&S to rid of bacne.

Which is it you tried?

Hey there.

Ive benn using H&S + ACV for a week now and i DEFINITELY see the results. I have like two active pimples only atm on my back, used to have like 10 or more. And my marks are fading faster. I would advise using the one with zinc as it helps your skin.

Which is it you tried?

Hey there.

Ive benn using H&S + ACV for a week now and i DEFINITELY see the results. I have like two active pimples only atm on my back, used to have like 10 or more. And my marks are fading faster. I would advise using the one with zinc as it helps your skin.

ACV being, apple cider vinegar?

Which is it you tried?

Hey there.

ACV being, apple cider vinegar?

Yes

The type you should use is called "classic clean" with pyrithione zinc. Its in the blue bottle.

I've been using this for a couple of days. I can see small improvements but not much. Better than nothing though! :)

It stops me getting pimples 95%,but now I have a back full of red marks.

It's all smooth though..I should be thankful

So I've been using head and shoulders for about a week/ week and a half now and I am about 50% clear now. I just added in the loofa yesterday, so hopefully that will get me to 100%. :)

Did nothing for me at all apart from dry my skin out.

Well I think you should stick it out just a little longer. As Kenny89's post said, h&s didn't clear up his bacne until 2 months had passed. "Patience is a virtue"

Edited by catcrazy

Hi Kenny89

I struggled with Bacne for 4 years now. I search the web for al types of home made formulas to cure my bacne, but nothing worked until I tried H&S. There is definitley lots of improvements, but my back is really dry and there are still bacne appearing each weak. I also feel a burning sensation on my back all the time, I just want to put ice on it.

Here is what I do on my back (Help me if I'm doing Something wrong please?)

1 - Scrub my back with a loofah with H&S for men and rince

2 - wipe my towel once over my back

3 - (With new applied H&S) I place the foam from the H&S on the loofah on my back and let it dry

This helped me alot but my back is not totally cleared and there are still more spots than there should be. I have been doing this for just over a month now? I would appreciate help?

The H&S you are using wil have no effect. Use the H&S for men with Hydrazinc. Zinc is the ingrediant that is in all the acne and scincare products. Use a loofah and don't ever wipe your back with a towel to dry because this will just spread the bacteria and you wil get more bacne.

I wash my back after I'm done with everything else (Condtionar on your back wil make it worse). Let your back air dry or tap dry with towel. (with new H&S applied on your loofah) Applie the foam on your back and let it dry. Your skin on your back will be very dry and flaky and yes it will be itchy (try not to scratch) But I look at it this way: after the that dry flaky layer of skin is gone so will the marks be gone as well

Hope this works for you