Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santiago

sunshine, fresh air, exercise, rest/fasting, healthy diet, water, trust in god.

i firmly believe that these key points here are the most important aspects of health,

and to follow these will bring you great health and vitilaty.

Although diet plays a big part in health, as we debate which foods we should eat and which we

should not, we must not lose sight of other key health aspects.

- fresh air, we must understand the importance of air rich in oxygen and negative ions, the type

of air that you would breath around mountains, beaches, waterfalls, forests, grass fields. I understand that this is not always accessable or practical, but we must make the most of any oppurtunities to get outdoors and breath.

-sunshine, do not hide from the sun, the sun brings life to the earth, it is our friend, the best source of vitamin d, obviously be careful of the sun in peak hours 11-3, but the sunshine is so good for your health.

-exercise, the body is designed to move, i think everyone understands the importance of exercise and the health benefits it brings without going into detail, but exercise also takes discipline, discipline get up and get active, be it walking, running, swimming, or even gardening.

-rest/fasting, the body is also designed to rest to rebuild to repair, and this time is givin to us between the sun sets and sun rises, we should aim for 8 hours sleep per night, going to bed on a empty stomach so that the body can do all the repair work it needs to do while we are deep sleeping without having to digest any food. fasting can bring healing to the body better than any modern medicine/doctors have even got close to. fasting is gods/mother natures way of healing disease. fasting is mentioned many times in the bible, fasting takes discipline, but like all good things in life, discipline is a key.please see paul bragg website for more info or read the book 'the miracle of fasting'

-healthy diet, this is an area were all still trying to figure out, but as we edge closer to the diet we should be eating, we should remember clearly that the bible tells us that raw fresh fruits and vegtables are the food of man, and the bible also states that meat can be eaten, but not the blood, as the blood is life, also stating the clean meats and the unclean. my personal believes are that cows milk is to hard to digest, unpasturised milk is always better, see weston price foundation website for more info, but raw goats milk is alkaline and very healthy. grains are a tricky subject, raw grains are toxic to the body, but sprouted grains can be very beneficial, breads of today are nothing like breads in the bible. I also like the idea of the daylight diet which basically is what it says it is, not eating foods when its dark, please see paul nison website for more info.

-water, we can not survive without water for a matter of days, i think this in itself tells us just how important water is to the human body, drinking plenty of water througout the day flushes the whole system of toxins. water keeps the body nicely hydrated, tap water may not be so great as it becomes polluted, so filtered water, ionized water, bottled mineral water, alkaline water, are the better options, but whatever the case keep the water topped up. I would also just like to add on sea water while im on the subject of water, the healing sea water can bring in unpolluted areas is magnificant, it contains all the minerals and trace minerals to balance the body, bathing/swiming in the ocean is brilliant for health.

- trust in god, this is one of the greatest things we can do, hope is a good thing, if not the best of things, it gives us faith, prayer to god and try to stay true to gods word, be righteous and believe that god will lead you to the answers you are looking for, but most of all, try not to worry, stress is not good the body, have trust in god, dont worry be happy ;)

The preachy undertones are highly unnecessary. I'm pretty sure I can moderate my stress levels without god.

That aside, you're stating what most people here already know about optimal health.

The preachy undertones are highly unnecessary. I'm pretty sure I can moderate my stress levels without god.

That aside, you're stating what most people here already know about optimal health.

Agreed. On all points.

Agreed. On all points.

Open your mind

I agree with the OP and how do you know what the other people know??(gMarias)

I agree on all points too, with the OP

Edited by AdamDolce10

Agreed. On all points.

Open your mind

Elaborate.

Dont dismiss other people's ideas or beliefs because its not what you are used to.

Open your mind and broaden your horizons

Nobody was dismissing the ideas. We were pointing out that the preachy undertones were not necessary to the points he was making.

You said, and I quote, " I think i can moderate my stress levels without God" Thats just dismissing it, have you tried it, its great to have a person to talk to and get things off your chest when your down. God has been there for me and has helped me.

Im not saying you have to believe in God just dont dismiss the idea.

i can understand that sum people dont like, as they put it preachy parts, as i myself would of given

the same reply at a younger age, but it has taken many years of seeking health to lead me to the bible, as paul nison states, the greatest health book ever written, so please be open minded. When people fast, they will often report a greater spiritual connection with our creator, this is not purely coincidence.

I am only trying to help and point people in the right direction, i know some of the key health points seem very boring, simple, and obvious, but i think sometimes people dont realise just how important

A- AIR

N- NUTRITION

S- SUNLIGHT

W- WATER

E- EXERCISE

R- REST

for anyone intrested please research the following people as they have given me great inspiration and the greatest health advice.

-paul nison

-jordan rubin

-paul bragg

-daniel reid

-weston price

-bernando lapallo

-jack lalanne

Peace, santiago.

You said, and I quote, " I think i can moderate my stress levels without God" Thats just dismissing it, have you tried it, its great to have a person to talk to and get things off your chest when your down. God has been there for me and has helped me.

Im not saying you have to believe in God just dont dismiss the idea.

That doesn't make much sense. I don't believe in god so why would I use him to moderate my stress? I manage my stress perfectly without having to talk to a god of some sort. If I need somebody to talk to, I have a wonderful boyfriend to go to. It's fine if you want to talk to god to manage your stress, but it'd be pointless for me because, as I said, I don't believe in god.

I don't care if people use god to deal with their stress. I could care less about another person's religion, period. If it helps you get through life, then have at it. But I don't care too much for people getting all preachy to a crowd of people who may or may not have their same beliefs. It's fine to say "Manage stress levels to control acne. I talk to god for this and it helps me." but to say "Trust in god to manage your stress levels" is, for one, assuming we all have the same belief system.

I'm sorry if you've misunderstood my post. The point was that his ideas, alone, were fine (even if they were basically the same things most people already know here), without the added preachy parts about religion. I'm not dismissing the idea of talking to someone. I'm simply stating that telling people to put trust in god is not something you should be doing on an acne forum.

This is an acne forum, not a church one.

Yor post was fine until you said Acne forum, not a church forum.

You just contradicted yourself, the point of this forum is to change lifestyle to suit your needs and wants to fight acne, which is what you said people are doing in this forum to fight acne.

I never said this was a church forum, I never mentioned the word church.

I dont beieve in the church, I never said I did.

I believe whole heartedly in God, Jesus, Sarayu.

And i think its brilliant your able to make choices whether or not to believe in religion, shows you are educated in your decisions.

So if you say that this is not a church forum you could also say its not a weight loss forum, weight gain forum, recipe forum, washing methods forum because these are also a lifestyle choice.

Besides you proved my point by sayin you relieve stress to your boyfriend, my God is the equivalent to your bf.

I can agree with the OP completely. The way a lot of you are acting here is very immature, the OP is just trying to help people here and share their advice and experience, whether it's preachy or not does not matter. You people should be more grateful, I'm sick of everyone freaking out the minute, the word "God" is mentioned. Get the f*** over it, if you don't believe in God fine, but don't criticize someone for their beliefs. That's the problem with most people on all these forums, they're all a bunch of immature kids, that think everyone should believe what they do.

The difference between lifestyle changes etc. and god/religion is that god/religion has no scientific basis and besides that, pertains nothing to acne. Eating right, washing methods, weight gain/weight loss, all has real physical effects on our body and therefor pertains directly to acne.

I respect everyone's right to believe what they want however I think there are many places where religion shouldn't be involved. On US currency for example. Or the pledge of allegience. Or an acne forum.. Cause it just makes no sense.

The difference between lifestyle changes etc. and god/religion is that god/religion has no scientific basis and besides that, pertains nothing to acne. Eating right, washing methods, weight gain/weight loss, all has real physical effects on our body and therefor pertains directly to acne.

I respect everyone's right to believe what they want however I think there are many places where religion shouldn't be involved. On US currency for example. Or the pledge of allegience. Or an acne forum.. Cause it just makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense actually considering this country was founded on religion, which everyone conveniently forgets. Everyone is free to come to this country, choose their own religion and believe whatever they want, however the country has always been this way with God being in the Pledge of Allegiance, and on the dollar and whatever else. That's the way it started and that's the way it is now. Why change everything this country was founded on because a few people can't stand one word.

That's like going to Japan and telling them to take every temple and shrine out of the country because you don't believe in that stuff. Every country has a religion that with the majority is popular, so if you don't agree with it in one country, try going to every other country and tell them they can't have their religious symbols displayed.

Edited by cohen888

It makes perfect sense actually considering this country was founded on religion, which everyone conveniently forgets. Everyone is free to come to this country, choose their own religion and believe whatever they want, however the country has always been this way with God being in the Pledge of Allegiance, and on the dollar and whatever else.

Not really. And the 'Under God' thing was stuck into the pledge of Allegiance in the 50s under McCarthyism. And 'In God We Trust' first appeared on money during the Civil War and wasn't used much until the 50s during the paranoia over godless communism.

Edited by alternativista

cohen888: Since when are these boards "american soil"? This is the fucking internet and your nationalist bullshit has no place here. The US government is a government of occupation, and the bible has always been the number one weapon of european scumbag imperialists everywhere, including your "founders".

cohen888: Since when are these boards "american soil"? This is the fucking internet and your nationalist bullshit has no place here. The US government is a government of occupation, and the bible has always been the number one weapon of european scumbag imperialists everywhere, including your "founders".

I'm well aware this is a international board and people from every country frequent this forum, however if you paid attention you would see that the person I'm directing my comments towards resides in the US. I was using the US as an example, and believe me I'd be the last person to defend this country and say it's perfect. I in no way said anything like that and I myself disagree with a lot of things that go on here, no country is perfect and I'm well aware of that. Next time before you try to make a point make sure you understand the whole situation.

Look its getting out of hand.

I want to say i agree with cohen that God is important in some peoples lives and it has an effect on their lifestyle, but come on were all in the same boat :)

Lets just agree the OP makes some good points

if you paid attention you would see that the person I'm directing my comments towards resides in the US.

Who was primarily commenting about this forum, not the United States. Besides, most of your comments were incorrect as I already pointed out.

Yor post was fine until you said Acne forum, not a church forum.

You just contradicted yourself, the point of this forum is to change lifestyle to suit your needs and wants to fight acne, which is what you said people are doing in this forum to fight acne.

I never said this was a church forum, I never mentioned the word church.

I dont beieve in the church, I never said I did.

I believe whole heartedly in God, Jesus, Sarayu.

And i think its brilliant your able to make choices whether or not to believe in religion, shows you are educated in your decisions.

So if you say that this is not a church forum you could also say its not a weight loss forum, weight gain forum, recipe forum, washing methods forum because these are also a lifestyle choice.

Besides you proved my point by sayin you relieve stress to your boyfriend, my God is the equivalent to your bf.

Church forum was a figure of speech just to give an example. I don't feel that an acne forum should preach personal religious beliefs and morals as an acne aid because it's based on someone's spiritual health - not actual physical health or nutrition. Don't take it so personally.

I didn't prove your point at all. Your point was that I was being closed minded by dismissing ideas that I never dismissed in the first place.

I've always liked you and your posts, Adam. Please don't alter my respect for you by making false assumptions.

i can understand that sum people dont like, as they put it preachy parts, as i myself would of given

the same reply at a younger age, but it has taken many years of seeking health to lead me to the bible, as paul nison states, the greatest health book ever written, so please be open minded. When people fast, they will often report a greater spiritual connection with our creator, this is not purely coincidence.

I am only trying to help and point people in the right direction, i know some of the key health points seem very boring, simple, and obvious, but i think sometimes people dont realise just how important

A- AIR

N- NUTRITION

S- SUNLIGHT

W- WATER

E- EXERCISE

R- REST

for anyone intrested please research the following people as they have given me great inspiration and the greatest health advice.

-paul nison

-jordan rubin

-paul bragg

-daniel reid

-weston price

-bernando lapallo

-jack lalanne

Peace, santiago.

It's great that you found happiness and health in religion and all, but not everybody here is like that. I'm perfectly open minded about these things. I have absolutely zero quarrels against religious people. I do have quarrels with people pushing their ideas as facts or truth as opposed to their beliefs and making implications that it's what we should be believing. You may not intend to imply these things, but that's really how it seems.

You BELIEVE the bible is the greatest health book ever written. You BELIEVE fasting helps people get closer to "the creator." This is the same as me believing what I do. I've fasted for short periods before and it never did anything spiritual for me - this is obviously because we believe different things.

it's completely fine to state what you believe as beliefs, but you're going to offend some people or at least strike a wrong chord by stating your beliefs as though they're facts.

I'm sorry gMarias :)

Gona use guilt on me now? :lol:

Oh well I guess this whole thing is a bit stupid really!

Sorry for enforcing a but of my beliefs in you.

I don't know if your aware but the faith in Ireland is gone after what the church has done here its horrible and people are going crazy

I can agree with the OP completely. The way a lot of you are acting here is very immature, the OP is just trying to help people here and share their advice and experience, whether it's preachy or not does not matter. You people should be more grateful, I'm sick of everyone freaking out the minute, the word "God" is mentioned. Get the f*** over it, if you don't believe in God fine, but don't criticize someone for their beliefs. That's the problem with most people on all these forums, they're all a bunch of immature kids, that think everyone should believe what they do.

I'm not concerned about the word god being used. I'm concerned about people preaching beliefs as facts. There's nothing immature about that. It does matter if it's preachy because it can become offensive.

Is it not as equally immature to assume that we're children and think people should believe what we do? I already stated I could care less what other people believe. I just don't personally want it shoved into my face, especially not on an acne forum.

I wouldn't preach my personal religious (or not so religious) beliefs here and I expect the same from others. Perhaps that's asking too much...