Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
galacticninja

Benzoyl Peroxide and Spots/Scars left by acne

Benzoyl Peroxide is said to be a desquamative. Does this mean that Benzoyl Peroxide can help remove/lessen the red spots/scars left by already healed acne? Is it effective?

I am wondering because I don't want to waste Benzoyl Peroxide gel on the red spots/scars if it is not effective.

The spots/scars on my face left by acne are not that deep and does not have a very noticeable red hue. The solution of Benzoyl Peroxide gel that I use is 2.5%.

Unfortunately, while BP is quite effective against acne, it doesn't do anything to fade post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or scarring. Have you considered giving AHA a try?

Unfortunately, while BP is quite effective against acne, it doesn't do anything to fade post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or scarring. Have you considered giving AHA a try?

I see. Is this 'AHA' available in an over-the-counter gel form? I would like to try this soon..

It certainly is. You can buy it here (although Acne.org AHA is more of a lotion than a gel), and there are lots of Alpha Hydroxy Acid products available in stores, as well. : )