Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stripes79

3 weeks on vinegar

Well I've been using the vinegar method for 3 weeks now and I see no improvment. At first I thought I was making progress but after taking pictures this morning and comparing them to the ones from 3 weeks ago it is obvious that there has not been any noticable change. I bet if the pics werent labeled before and after you wouldn't even know which was which. Anyway, take a look at the pics and tell me what you think. I believe they are on page 4 of the gallery. Please feel free to suggest any other methods that may help fade these marks. I am going to the derm on monday and I am going to ask about retin a or possibly intense pulsed light (IPL). I have heard good things about both of those working for red marks. Man I am so sad. I really had high hopes for the vinegar method. sad.gif

hi, from your pictures the red marks you have looks very mild.

i have had 3 sessions of IPL in the past, and they were enjoyable but i'm not sure if it worked that well for me. i don't have many red marks to begin with but i kind of expected a miracle i guess.

but i do think that IPL helped with the redness on the sides of my nose.

Have u tried Oxytetracycline 24withacne, its supposed to help kill bacteria and reduce inflammation and redness.

Im on 2 pills twice daily and i also use vinegar on my face after i wash and moisturize.

They say Oxytetracycline is used to treat severe cases of acne and acne rosacea, but i think i was wrongly diagnosed with Rosacea, because my skin was so red and flushed due to the Benzoyl peroxide.

Anyway im going to see how it goes over the next few weeks.|

Good luck my friend

I was on Oxytetracycline for a year when i was 16, i am now 19, but it worked really well for me, although after about a year i think my body must have got immune to it, as it seemed to stop working, but i really dont think that oxytetracycline is prescibed for sever acne, or for red marks left over from old acne.

I have been using vinegar and copper peptides to fade my red marks, with much success.

I have only been doing it for a week now and I see clear improvement.

I still have a long way to go though.

I got the CP serum and the exfol serum from skinbiology.com and it seems to work well.