Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayQ

PLEASE HELP!

Ok i have never had a cyst this painful before. It is a hardened lump below my nose close to nostril/upper lip. The skin is red now and it hurts so bad and has been there for last 3 days. Very sensitive like a bruise. I have been putting cortizone cream on it today in hopes it will go down, but it is throbbing and hurting like crazy.

I have some 500mg of Naproxen i was prescribed over a year ago for when i rolled my ankle and was wondering if i could take that and it would lessen the pain and the cyst itself? Anyone taken this before?? I would like to take tonight but dont know if i should or not.

Ok i have never had a cyst this painful before. It is a hardened lump below my nose close to nostril/upper lip. The skin is red now and it hurts so bad and has been there for last 3 days. Very sensitive like a bruise. I have been putting cortizone cream on it today in hopes it will go down, but it is throbbing and hurting like crazy.

I have some 500mg of Naproxen i was prescribed over a year ago for when i rolled my ankle and was wondering if i could take that and it would lessen the pain and the cyst itself? Anyone taken this before?? I would like to take tonight but dont know if i should or not.

Anyone? Ah well fk it im bout to take one i guess lol.

Naproxen is a NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug). It's pretty darn good at getting rid of inflammation and should help your cyst. I'm not sure about the dosage, but taking it once couldn't hurt, imho.

Naproxen is a NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug). It's pretty darn good at getting rid of inflammation and should help your cyst. I'm not sure about the dosage, but taking it once couldn't hurt, imho.

Thx! Ya i am just taking 500mg tonight and hopefully the pain/stiffness/and inflammation will go down.

It's an anti-inflammatory, so it could help a little I guess. Back when I had these bastards the only thing that worked was nuke them with BP. Your skin gets extremely dry, but at least it never took more than 3 days for them to at least partially disappear and take away the pain (but most disappeared completely). And then another week for the skin to repair itself ;)

Just give it time. I always got so frustrated, I would end up using warm compresses to open up my pores before going to war with the cyst....and I ALWAYS regretted it. Just keep icing it and pop some ibuprofen is the pain is getting to you. Smack some BP on it before you go to bed (or I liked using Mario Badescu buffering lotion for cysts) and wait for it to slowly go away. It's better to have a red cyst than a bloody mangled scabby mess (which is what I usually ended up with). Let me reiterate...don't touch it! Just ice it and be patient :)

Just give it time. I always got so frustrated, I would end up using warm compresses to open up my pores before going to war with the cyst....and I ALWAYS regretted it. Just keep icing it and pop some ibuprofen is the pain is getting to you. Smack some BP on it before you go to bed (or I liked using Mario Badescu buffering lotion for cysts) and wait for it to slowly go away. It's better to have a red cyst than a bloody mangled scabby mess (which is what I usually ended up with). Let me reiterate...don't touch it! Just ice it and be patient :)

Well the Naproxen def worked and took away all the pain. I popped a 500mg and then about 4-5hrs later i popped another one right before i went to bed. I have not been messing with it other than feeling it to see if it has gotten smaller. Its still under the skin. It got a little smaller but not much i dont think. Its wierd though, because i will form a tiny whitehead on it, which i would think would keep building up, but it will always pop itself and kinda reform another small one. I dont know its acting wierd and wish it would go away. I slathered Benzaclin on it this morining, which i really didnt want too because didnt want my skin irratated from it but i gotta do something. Ahhhh the agony of this crap is to much.... :wall:

Edited by JayQ